FS June day 21- Thursday

FS June day 21- Thursday

June 21st, 2012, 10:57 am #1

Today looks like a busy one.... Take Ds2 to get his blood work done... last summer we tried this and he flipped out... this time we premedicated him last night and I have another pill for him to take this AM, plus emla cream for his arms.... sigh, I hope it works this time.

After that we have to go to the Dr for noon so she can check his tine test, then pick up some Rxs I dropped off, after that go to my moms to color her hair. Good thing is they keep their AC super cold, so we can enjoy the cold over there. I have mine running, but I don't make it as cold as they do- I swear they keep it about 72!

Watched more Doc Martin last night, I'm really getting into it!

For dinner tonight, since it is suppose to be so hot here I am just planning to thaw some dark meat turkey- that is all cooked and in the freezer and make some turkey salad with it. I have melon and strawberries to go with it.

Yesterday I hung the curtains in my room- these are old ones, from my apartment, white with swirls of lavender, pink, orange, green and blue. they look really nice! Next step in my room is picture hanging hooks and hang my 3 pics in here. It's looking good!

June 21st, 2012, 12:57 pm #2

I can handle a little wind, but this hurricane strength stuff, I don't like!! I am tired and sore today. Ds and I worked all day yesterday mowing, weeds were as tall as us!! I took the weed whacker and beat them down and he went behind mowing!! Then we sprayed for bugs and weeds. Alot of bushes and trees had died in the drought last year, we hauled two loads of limbs and trees. He's fun to work with, he's a workhorse too!! I've got some things to catch up here today, so I'm going to see if he wants to take today off and get after it again tomorrow!

My friend is going home to see her mama so the rv park garden is all mine till sunday! I need to get the beans planted and okra. She got her lemon cucumbers and tomatoes planted. She might of done corn also. Oh no, a breeze is picking up, the wind generators are starting to turn!!!! Maybe it won't be too strong!! I came out on the back deck this morning for coffee and computer time!

Today's plans are to get some seeds, a library card from another town close by. Need to go see mom and dad. And may get some stuff in town. I may even sand on my chair and paint it! That is unless ds wants to work me to death today!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

June 21st, 2012, 1:43 pm #3

GGGGGGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

June 21st, 2012, 2:42 pm #4

Today looks like a busy one.... Take Ds2 to get his blood work done... last summer we tried this and he flipped out... this time we premedicated him last night and I have another pill for him to take this AM, plus emla cream for his arms.... sigh, I hope it works this time.

After that we have to go to the Dr for noon so she can check his tine test, then pick up some Rxs I dropped off, after that go to my moms to color her hair. Good thing is they keep their AC super cold, so we can enjoy the cold over there. I have mine running, but I don't make it as cold as they do- I swear they keep it about 72!

For dinner tonight, since it is suppose to be so hot here I am just planning to thaw some dark meat turkey- that is all cooked and in the freezer and make some turkey salad with it. I have melon and strawberries to go with it.

Yesterday I hung the curtains in my room- these are old ones, from my apartment, white with swirls of lavender, pink, orange, green and blue. they look really nice! Next step in my room is picture hanging hooks and hang my 3 pics in here. It's looking good!

I straightened up the linen closet last night--didn't do a full cleaning, but it wasn't bad to start with and now it is sooooooooooo much better.

The carpet cleaner is coming today (stood me up Tuesday). I'm going to do some PUPA in the basement, which is already greatly improved due to getting rid of the plant stand. I'm also going to get started on my office, which literally has a path through it. Finally, laundry. Colleen leaves for Special Olympics at 6 a.m. tomorrow and we'll follow within a few hours. With my closet PUPA'd, and the dryer uncovered, I can actually do laundry. But it's nice today and I might hang the clothes outside. Have to pack tonight.

No idea what's for dinner, but I'll also be making lunches for us to take on the trip tomorrow. DH said to bring the last of the macaroni salad--I will, if he doesn't eat it first!

June 21st, 2012, 2:55 pm #5

Yesterday the painters got the first coat of oil based primer on and today they're skim-coating and spackling. I went over last night because I remembered I left curtain hardware around the bedroom windows and wanted the holes spackled. I removed them all as fast as I could and got out of there. You wouldn't believe the smell from the oil-based primer. You could smell it from the street. Today we'll leave the crew to their work and stay away from the fumes.

The house is relatively clean and picked up, laundry is caught up. Big salads for dinner.

Last night dh and I slept really poorly and I thought a lot about people who don't have any air conditioning at all and live in hot climates.

June 21st, 2012, 3:13 pm #6

GGGGGGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
It's all a plot to throw you off your game, hehehe.

June 21st, 2012, 3:24 pm #7

Which means I'm going grocery shopping tonight. I'm planning on spending around $40, plus another $20 at Sam's for dog food.

I made quiche last night, it had literally been more than a decade since I'd made that. I did 2, they turned out good. One was plain broccoli for the picky eaters, the other had yellow and green bell pepper, onion, broccoli, some nutmeg. Both were made with cheddar since that's all I had around. Everybody like them, and we have almost half left over so that's what they're getting tonight as well!

While the quiche cooled I cleaned the bathroom, then got in the pool. My son in law and grandson were swimming and it looked like fun.

My menu for this week:

roast, potatoes, carrots in the crockpot
chicken parmesan, either on buns or over pasta (I have both)
jambalaya
Curry, either Thai or Indian, I have the makings of either one

I'll amend this as necessary once I see what's on sale tonight. I also want to make some scones, and maybe some cookies. I planned to do scones last weekend but it was too hectic, I got very little done last weekend.

June 21st, 2012, 7:18 pm #8

Yesterday the painters got the first coat of oil based primer on and today they're skim-coating and spackling. I went over last night because I remembered I left curtain hardware around the bedroom windows and wanted the holes spackled. I removed them all as fast as I could and got out of there. You wouldn't believe the smell from the oil-based primer. You could smell it from the street. Today we'll leave the crew to their work and stay away from the fumes.

The house is relatively clean and picked up, laundry is caught up. Big salads for dinner.

Last night dh and I slept really poorly and I thought a lot about people who don't have any air conditioning at all and live in hot climates.
why are you using oil based? nt

June 21st, 2012, 7:34 pm #9

It is 98 degrees right now and I am hot and cranky. We have no AC. My kids are at a friend's house swimming and I have 2 little ones here. Earlier I hung 2 loads of laundry, picked up the kitchen, watered the garden and had a lemonade stand.

I am praying that baseball is postponed and I already emailed DH and informed him that it is too hot to cook.

June 21st, 2012, 7:38 pm #10

why are you using oil based? nt
Every ceiling and wall are wallpapered. I took the wallpaper off the living room but the walls underneath are not in good condition. In other rooms, the wallpaper was in layers and not easily removed. I tried removing it in the guest bedroom and I don't even know what I was uncovering, but it wasn't drywall or plaster. It was like trying to take wallpaper off a wet cardboard box. So the painters are removing any loose paper, priming over overthing, skim-coating all the seams and rough spots, priming again and then painting all the ceilings, trim and closet interiors white and the walls all the same color.

The oil based is because it doesn't reactivate any wallpaper paste and make bubbles in the paper. The primer is all oil-based and the final color will be latex.

On the bright side, the house does not smell like old people anymore.