FS June, day 20, Wednesday

FS June, day 20, Wednesday

June 20th, 2012, 11:14 am #1

It's suppose to be very hot here today. i had planned to go out and do some errands, but looking at my list there is only one thing I **have** to do, so I am probably gonna aim to get out early, do that one thing, and head home.

Grilled sausages and tuna-mac salad are what I am thinking for dinner. I have 1/2 a honeydew to cut up too, and ice pops....

What have you got planned today?

June 20th, 2012, 11:24 am #2

I actually made myself wake up earlier than normal so I can get out and get in a little exercise before it heats up. It's been running in the mid 90's here with 90% humidity and air quality alerts. With the humidity it doesn't cool down until after midnight, so waiting to ride afterwork/evening isn't working so well here for me.

No meal plans, but I have enough food to eat at home. I did just notice a new tea shop opened up less than a mile from me, I might have to stop and check them out on the way home after I go for my walk/jog.

Working from home to day, have at least one phone conference later and a fair amount of stuff to do.

June 20th, 2012, 11:49 am #3

It's suppose to be very hot here today. i had planned to go out and do some errands, but looking at my list there is only one thing I **have** to do, so I am probably gonna aim to get out early, do that one thing, and head home.

Grilled sausages and tuna-mac salad are what I am thinking for dinner. I have 1/2 a honeydew to cut up too, and ice pops....

98 today, 100 tomorrow, cooling to the high 80's this weekend. Other than sweating,we're letting the painters into the house at 8am. Then we'll come back to the rental and hang out until noon, maybe some tidying up. We're expecting our dishwasher and range to be delivered between 12 and 2 so we need to be back at the house then. At some point we'll definitely hit the city pool.

For dinner I want to use up three hot dogs and a few slices of bacon so I'll make cornmeal pancakes or whole wheat waffles. That won't heat up the house too much. If we think it's too hot to enjoy those there's cold rice salad left and seasoned pinto beans from last night's tacos, plus lots of produce to choose from.

June 20th, 2012, 12:28 pm #4

I am making the kids an ice cream sandwich dessert for a treat and filling up some water balloons. We will probably also set up the slip and slide and DD wants to have a lemonade stand.

We should hit 100 degrees today and I am NOT looking forward to the baseball game tonight. I will be filling our large coleman jug with plenty of ice water for the game.

June 20th, 2012, 1:22 pm #5

Last night laying in bed my eyes just watered and my throat was sore from all the sinus drainage. Looks like the wind is blowing like a hurricane today too. Ds and I are back at it today! We are mowing and weed eating. Maybe today we can get an earlier start!

It's kinda bad, I got this new toyota sewing machine, and I haven't even tried it yet. I just can't seem to make myself stay inside long enough to get started sewing. Maybe it'll just have to wait till winter to get used!!

Everyone have a great day!!

June 20th, 2012, 3:56 pm #6

With the heat index it's supposed to feel like 105 here today and tomorrow. It's almost noon and feels like 98. I'll be running out in a bit to get my hair cut. I did most of my errands for the week yesterday since it was cooler.

Tomorrow dh and I are going to VA to look after dd and the grand dogs. She's having a medical procedure and can't be alone afterwards. I love visiting with my grand dogs It'll be nice to turn our a/c up while we're gone and save some energy.

Stay cool everyone and have a great day.

You have two choices; make progress or make excuses.

June 20th, 2012, 5:41 pm #7

picked up moms haircolor stuff, will do that tomorrow...

I just paid $291.40 to have my AC fixed. But the good news was they came out today, said it looks to be in good shape and I should get another year- 3 out of it....

I made a jug of home brewed ice tea.
Last edited by SheilaPCT on June 20th, 2012, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 21st, 2012, 1:21 am #8

The housecleaner came and gave what she did last week the once-over, then thoroughly cleaned a bathroom, the guest room and mopped the utility room floor. I finished PUPA and reorganizing the guest room (which has been a staging area for stuff for the cabin) before she got to it, and changed the sheets. It all looks great. Next week, she'll give it another once-over and clean the apartment in the basement...which, for the most part, is pretty good now. The carpet cleaners are coming tomorrow.

My job tonight is to clean and reorganize the linen closet. I moved the box of lightbulbs to the furnace room, so I have room to spread out the linens. Should be a big improvement.

Also got a badly-needed haircut today and went to Costco. You have NO idea how bad my hair was.

Dinner tonight was hamburger patties, homemade macaroni salad and the last of the cantaloupe. For the salad, I used the recipe off the Mueller's box, recommended by Carol, and the family likes it a lot. We don't get Mueller's products in this part of the U.S., but all of their recipes I've tried have been good. (Their mac and cheese is the BEST).

Edited to add--> DH is weed-eating the area around the deck and had to cut some of the peonies. He first picked me a big bouquet!
Last edited by MaxineS on June 21st, 2012, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.