FS June 16th- saturday

FS June 16th- saturday

June 16th, 2012, 7:14 pm #1

Hey, should I keep doing these or move on to the overwhelmed/complainers (LOL!!!!) threads?

I was off line because the guys working on my bedroom unplugged all my computer and stuff. I was LOST with out it... thankfully I do have a good book to read! My room is almost done. Monday they come back to trouble shoot the ceiling light they put in for me that does not work, put up closet pole and curtain rods up.... I will be SOOOOOO glad when they are done. I do LOVE the color. I mixed it myself with left overs/a $10 can of HD "opps" light blue and paint from a friend. Ended up with exactly what I wanted, a light blueish lavender. I really like it. With the white trim and the white lace curtains I sprang for it's gonna look awesome. The new ceiling fan is simple white- with white glass,, instead of the ugly- basket weave brown one... and the curtain rods are now silver with crackle glass ends (Home Depot) I also LOVE the fresh clean, white plugs and switches with new, white, over sized covers... (metal).

Yesterday I went to Goodwill and got my full sized bed, swapped out the queen for the full size and there is a noticable differnce in space savings, it looks soooooo much more to scale in my 10 x 12 room. I had all bedding for the full except for a mattress pad and one of those allergan dust protectors, went today and found both for $36, and that is with a good, Beatyrest, cotton mattress pad..... I am happy now and will be eaven happier after monday when they are all done and outta here! Thankfully I saved a bin of full sized, pink sheets, so am all set with that at least for summer bedding and quilt/blanket....

That's my day. BF is painting my metal railings black right now, using oil based paints. I might go out ina bit and hit Aldi for the weekly groceries but I want the railings to dry some more, I am so afraid of gitting them. The previous lady had deep green walls, and had painted the metal railings cream... when I moved in I painted the walls cream and the trim white, it looked kind of bland, and the railings always looked dirty from the kids hands. Now they are gloss black... I think it adds a nice punch and should be easier to keep looking clean. Next week I will be in my house one full year.... wow!

June 16th, 2012, 7:35 pm #2

You sound just like me. I've never heard anyone else get excited over fresh, new white oversize outlet covers.

The room sounds very nice. I'm glad you got the bed swapped and are happy with the size.

I want to paint my metal railings too. Mine are currently cream with a gold speckled edging. Just picture all that 60's furniture that is cream with gold edges and you get the idea.

June 16th, 2012, 9:24 pm #3

Hey, should I keep doing these or move on to the overwhelmed/complainers (LOL!!!!) threads?

I was off line because the guys working on my bedroom unplugged all my computer and stuff. I was LOST with out it... thankfully I do have a good book to read! My room is almost done. Monday they come back to trouble shoot the ceiling light they put in for me that does not work, put up closet pole and curtain rods up.... I will be SOOOOOO glad when they are done. I do LOVE the color. I mixed it myself with left overs/a $10 can of HD "opps" light blue and paint from a friend. Ended up with exactly what I wanted, a light blueish lavender. I really like it. With the white trim and the white lace curtains I sprang for it's gonna look awesome. The new ceiling fan is simple white- with white glass,, instead of the ugly- basket weave brown one... and the curtain rods are now silver with crackle glass ends (Home Depot) I also LOVE the fresh clean, white plugs and switches with new, white, over sized covers... (metal).

Yesterday I went to Goodwill and got my full sized bed, swapped out the queen for the full size and there is a noticable differnce in space savings, it looks soooooo much more to scale in my 10 x 12 room. I had all bedding for the full except for a mattress pad and one of those allergan dust protectors, went today and found both for $36, and that is with a good, Beatyrest, cotton mattress pad..... I am happy now and will be eaven happier after monday when they are all done and outta here! Thankfully I saved a bin of full sized, pink sheets, so am all set with that at least for summer bedding and quilt/blanket....

That's my day. BF is painting my metal railings black right now, using oil based paints. I might go out ina bit and hit Aldi for the weekly groceries but I want the railings to dry some more, I am so afraid of gitting them. The previous lady had deep green walls, and had painted the metal railings cream... when I moved in I painted the walls cream and the trim white, it looked kind of bland, and the railings always looked dirty from the kids hands. Now they are gloss black... I think it adds a nice punch and should be easier to keep looking clean. Next week I will be in my house one full year.... wow!
Up early, been a busy day. I made a bfst crustless quiche out of some leftover chopped broccoli and some fzn Swiss ncheese. Came out really good. Lunch was pan fried hot dogs, canned baked beans. Supper is cooking: trays of homemade, florentine stuffed shells. A large tossed salad on the side.
Usual Saturday stuff: stripped and remade beds, got 4 XL loads of wash done, dried on the lines, inside and folded. Cleaned out the kitchen bottom freezer that I never enter and unearthed some real treasures. LOL! Harvested my first rhubarb of the season, I am guessing 2 lbs worth. Some went into a raspberry-blueberry-rhubarb crisp. Smells so good!. Cleaned the bathroom, got the floors vacuumed. Still plenty to do for what I call "damage control cleaning"-I accomplish what I can to keep things looking decent. Did some banking, only bought a gallon of milk, will pick up more later this week. Grocery expenditure is way down-probably about $200 this month. Eating down our stockpile is certainly helping.

Have a good day!
Carol

June 16th, 2012, 9:43 pm #4

DD and I got up early and went to Coeur d'Alene for her Special Olympics practice, stopped at home to pick up some lawn tools and made a trip to Home Depot to pick up DH's Father's Day gift and some lawn seed, then came back here. We took Molly home because the two dogs missed each other! DH didn't come with us this weekend--he is doing massive yard work at home.

Yesterday I sanded and stained 19 trim boards--hopefully the last. I need to start Varathaning. I also put the first coat of dark green paint on one of two wooden grids that I plan to use as trellises. Nasty, nasty job--and it's going to take 2 coats, and possibly 3, on each.

Since we got here Wednesday night, I've watched the entire first season (6 episodes) of Doc Martin on DVD. I'm totally and completely hooked. And ready to leave for Cornwall at a moment's notice. Anyone want to come with me?

June 16th, 2012, 10:55 pm #5

Yes, I am also hooked on Doc Martin. I've rented all seasons to date, and have filled in the gaps of the episodes I had missed. I am on a hold list for season 5. : )

June 16th, 2012, 11:53 pm #6

Well, dh woke up greener than the gills. So he has been in bed most of the day. It is evening and he finally says that he for the first time today doesn't feel like barfing. I went to a used bookstore near us. I have a credit there, but they did not have any books that interested me.

Does anyone have the Dr. Charles Stanley's Study Bible? And if so, is that the same as his life principles bible? I am interested in getting his study bible in NASB at a future date and looked at Amazon and other websites and it did not specifically say study bible.

Have had to keep the noise level down today with dh sick, so I have surfed the net and napped. Lots of stuff that I could do.

Well, dh says that he feels like a peanut butter sandwich for dinner, so I guess that I will make that for him.

2catsmom

June 17th, 2012, 3:23 am #7

Hubby took me out to lunch, then we went to Kohl's and he bought a snowcone machine. When he gets in the mood to spend he's gonna spend. At least I was able to keep the spree under control, it could have been a lot worse than a $30 snowcone maker.

Then a friend called, her brothers is in town. They were going to dinner and wanted me to go. I wasn't really hungry but I went for the company, I nibbled on the appetizer a little. Since I ate so little they wouldn't let me help pay, which was nice of them.

Unfortunately I got nothing done today. Tomorrow I'll have to make up for lost time.

June 18th, 2012, 12:19 am #8

DD and I got up early and went to Coeur d'Alene for her Special Olympics practice, stopped at home to pick up some lawn tools and made a trip to Home Depot to pick up DH's Father's Day gift and some lawn seed, then came back here. We took Molly home because the two dogs missed each other! DH didn't come with us this weekend--he is doing massive yard work at home.

Yesterday I sanded and stained 19 trim boards--hopefully the last. I need to start Varathaning. I also put the first coat of dark green paint on one of two wooden grids that I plan to use as trellises. Nasty, nasty job--and it's going to take 2 coats, and possibly 3, on each.

Since we got here Wednesday night, I've watched the entire first season (6 episodes) of Doc Martin on DVD. I'm totally and completely hooked. And ready to leave for Cornwall at a moment's notice. Anyone want to come with me?
especially to see Cornwall and the Doc Martin town.