FS July Day 4- Happy 4th!

FS July Day 4- Happy 4th!

July 4th, 2012, 11:06 am #1

What are your frugal plans for today? My boyfriend is taking me out to lunch. Kids have camp and then are going over to their dads for Fireworks and to spend the night tonight...

July 4th, 2012, 1:28 pm #2

Most of my 4th july cooking is done, except for the burgers which we hope to grill for dinner tonight (weather is iffy). Today's agenda includes a sewing project, perhaps an organizing project, perhaps starting my own clothing clear out. I have some fresh peaches to turn into a crisp, using my mini oven. Kind of a casual day. Happy 4th!

July 4th, 2012, 3:06 pm #3

What are your frugal plans for today? My boyfriend is taking me out to lunch. Kids have camp and then are going over to their dads for Fireworks and to spend the night tonight...
It is 8 a.m. here and I'm just about to get off the computer and put my flag out. DD loves it when we fly the flag. We fly it every day we are "in residence" at the cabin, like the queen...but mainly on holidays here. And, of course, this is the biggest flag day of 'em all.

It's a beautiful day in northern Idaho! Sunny and already 74. We are not at the cabin because out-of-town friends are using it this week. We have nothing special PLANNED for the 4th, but we are going to try to figure something out as we go. I had promised fried chicken and potato salad but discovered last night that I am out of fryers (can you imagine that???). However, I'll go ahead and make the potato salad and see what I can find to go with it. ETA--We're drinking iced tea today in honor of the Boston Tea Party--and because it is cheap, LOL.

The big deal today is going to be PUPA--it didn't happen yesterday because I had to go to the cabin for the DSL install. The house is clean underneath, and by golly, this place isn't going to be a mess again. Not this summer, anyway!
Last edited by MaxineS on July 4th, 2012, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 5th, 2012, 3:10 am #4

We just came in from watching neighborhood fireworks. Someone behind us must have spent a couple of thousand on fireworks. Their display was much better than the city, with those huge bursts. They had a constant stream of 3 and 4 at a time for over 30 minutes. It was gorgeous, but I couldn't help thinking about the cost. They must have had a party because we could hear their crowd cheering.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

July 5th, 2012, 3:10 pm #5

I made bean salad, and a friend brought chips and drinks. We sat around the pool and ate, them some people got in the pool. Son-in-law shot off a few fireworks, the kid and the dog were not thrilled so he quit. From my front porch I could see the city's big fireworks display just a little, over the treetops. I stood out there and watched it for a bit.