FS July day 1- sunday

FS July day 1- sunday

July 1st, 2012, 11:36 am #1

welcome to July!

What have you got planned for today? I need to pick up DD so will be doing some running but other than that my plans are to do some more wash and line dry it (early, in case it rains later) and I am hoping to cook some stuff, despite the heat... I am planning to make the pumpkin bars from the recipe board and Carols (in CT) recipe for chocolate zucchini bread, if I can bring myself to put my oven on today! Lunch will be sandwiches and so will dinner- dinner is going to be BLT's.

I went to Aldi yesterday and managed to get out of there for $35, not bad : ) after getting home I washed 2 loads of laundry (full loads!)and line dried them both.

I'm also planning to do a freezer inventory so I can meal plan from that and what fresh ingredients I have on hand. I don't want any of those to go to waste!

July 1st, 2012, 1:24 pm #2

Morning Sheila
CT people are up early today! I already have 2 full HE loads out on the line, a third is washing and will join the rest. Already super hot and my allergies are kicking in at full force!

Fried eggs in bacon fat, homemade cran-orange muffins, OJ, coffee/tea for bfst here.

Lunch will be grab what you can, pushing leftovers and salad in the process. One kid is off to sleep away camp today, so it'll probably just be 2 of us for lunch anyway.

Supper will be planned ahead, sliced turkey breast in gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing (maybe), sauteed organic CSA chard, corn, salad.

A tip about baking in this weather: make muffins instead of quick bread. They are done in 20 or so minutes vs the hour a quick bread takes. Also, do you have a Nesco roaster or a small, toaster oven? That would be another venue.

More decluttering, closet clean out is on deck for today. Minimally, I want to complete the twins' closet and be able to cross that off my list of to-do's for this Summer. Next up: my clothes closet and dressers.

Stay cool!

July 1st, 2012, 2:39 pm #3

welcome to July!

What have you got planned for today? I need to pick up DD so will be doing some running but other than that my plans are to do some more wash and line dry it (early, in case it rains later) and I am hoping to cook some stuff, despite the heat... I am planning to make the pumpkin bars from the recipe board and Carols (in CT) recipe for chocolate zucchini bread, if I can bring myself to put my oven on today! Lunch will be sandwiches and so will dinner- dinner is going to be BLT's.

I went to Aldi yesterday and managed to get out of there for $35, not bad : ) after getting home I washed 2 loads of laundry (full loads!)and line dried them both.

I'm also planning to do a freezer inventory so I can meal plan from that and what fresh ingredients I have on hand. I don't want any of those to go to waste!
So we'll go downtown and watch the parade, wander around the park, go to the museum... It's a big year so maybe there will be something exciting.

We took ds #1 to the airport at 5:30 yesterday. Then we went out for breakfast with the other two. That was fun. We don't go out with more than one kid ever so it was nice to do something different.

I am hoping to eat up the food that is in the house this month. No real plans about that, yet, but I've spent a lot of money on food the last two months and I'm hoping to knock that back a little this month.

July 1st, 2012, 3:26 pm #4

welcome to July!

The flooring was finished yesterday at the house, minus the one carpeted room. I'll take more photos soon since the flooring and painting makes it look like a different house. Yesterday we got about half of the basement waterproofing done. Home Depot doesn't carry the primixed waterproofer we wanted but we figured out a little easier way to mix it so we soldiered on with the one you mix with water. It's definitely improving the way the basement looks and I hope it's also going to work as it should. It finally cooled off to the 70's last night and we all slept very soundly and woke up very late. Dh's and my hands are sore from brushing the thick stuff (plus a couple nasty blisters) so with our hands and sleeping late we're considering finishing next weekend instead of today. That means possibly the shore today or maybe the art museum.

We watched the Philadelphia fireworks last night from near our house. Several miles away but still nice to see and no traffic to deal with. The pool club and our normally bustling downtown were barren yesterday. Everyone must be at the shore.

July 1st, 2012, 4:03 pm #5

I am going to fill out a couple of applications for part time work today. I will return them early this week. I am going to clean out my e-mail inbox. I did not realize that I had over a weeks worth of e-mails that were junk from the week or so that we were without internet from our move.

I will cook pork chops for dinner. Also will read the paper. Tidy up a bit.

I guess that is it.

2catsmom

July 1st, 2012, 10:48 pm #6

welcome to July!

I got a LOT of paperwork done! Lots of things that have been hanging around here bugging me.. still have two calls to make that have to be made during the week. But I was very busy and have about 5 hings to mail out tomorrow.

I made the pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting and the chocolate zucchini muffins from Carols recipe, my house smells great!

I changed my sheets.

Breakfast was egg sandwiches, lunch was mussels in garlic -tomato sauce and dinner was just BLTs, yum! I did not get to make the cole slaw, will do that tomorrow.

Now to give DD a bath and get kids ready for bed... my back hurts, I think from the standing and cooking and doing dishes or else the hanging the laundry on the line. My set up is kind of wonky and you have to reach way out and twist....

I thawed some boneless skinless chicken from the freezer to make for dinner tomorrow night, along with that cole slaw....

I think I might sleep well tonight! : )

July 1st, 2012, 11:55 pm #7

Sounds like a good, productive day! We all need those sometimes, helps to gain control over life.

July 2nd, 2012, 2:58 am #8

welcome to July!

We finished sheetrocking the dining room, and dh disconnected the dishwasher and pulled it out of the slot. I stripped the cabinet and got it restained so I can put finish coats on tomorrow. I finally figured out a technique for painting our new brick so it looks like the old brick. At least I hope it does. I'm hot, dirty, stinky, and tired. Nite all.

------
The road to success is always under construction.