FS Friday May 25th

FS Friday May 25th

May 25th, 2012, 11:33 am #1

Happy Friday! what are your plans for this coming weekend? What are you doing to make it cheaper?

For the first time in ages I am not going to a parade.... and honestly I am kind of glad... I don't really like parades, but always had to go- dad was a fireman and the last several years with my kids matching in various activities but this year they are not. It's also my kids dad's B-day weekend so he gets them for an extra day....

I'm planning "good" burgers for saturday night... stuffed with cheese and on nice rolls with fried mushrooms. Not sure about Sunday yet but Monday will be steaks....

May 25th, 2012, 12:44 pm #2

We are headed out today for camping/ amusement park fun. I will be purchasing groceries for the trip. We make all our own food while there. We do simple and easy - eggs and bacon for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and hambugers/hotdogs, spedies, salt potatos, fresh fruit and salad. The kids love it because they get to pick out "sugar bottles" aka soda which I do not buy for home.

The kids each have money they saved to spend on any in park treats they may want. We do purchase a large cup for $7 that can be refilled for a dollar, even with icees and frozen lemonade. It is a vacation after all. Our teenage neighbor will watch the animals for us(rabbit and cat). We will probably get her a little something as she caught our bunny yesterday that had escaped.

Have a great weekend everyone!

May 25th, 2012, 3:47 pm #3

Happy Friday! what are your plans for this coming weekend? What are you doing to make it cheaper?

For the first time in ages I am not going to a parade.... and honestly I am kind of glad... I don't really like parades, but always had to go- dad was a fireman and the last several years with my kids matching in various activities but this year they are not. It's also my kids dad's B-day weekend so he gets them for an extra day....

I'm planning "good" burgers for saturday night... stuffed with cheese and on nice rolls with fried mushrooms. Not sure about Sunday yet but Monday will be steaks....
just found out that older DS will be here for dinner, well that changes everything, 3 pork chops that I thawed will not be enough.... so I went and scouted around in my freezer that is getting emptier by the day, and found a small pack of "chicken and black bean tortilla filling". I can't recall what the deal was with that but I think it was kind of bland and no one really went for it, so I am gonna try and jazz it up with some more salsa, some garlic and some cheese. Then I thawed a small bag of shredded cheddar and a 6 pack of corn tortillas.... I love it when a plan comes together.

Today I also finally made myself go to Staples to return the (wrong) cordless phone battery they sold me. They did not have the correct one, so I got a refund and headed to Radio shack. Thankfully they had the right one. I have it in my phone charging now. It will be nice to having 2 working "house" phones....

May 25th, 2012, 3:51 pm #4

...but not taking the boat. The rain has finally stopped, but wind gusts up to 50 mph are forecast for the next two days. Too bad we didn't know that before we uncovered and hitched up the boat. Now I get to cover it again, to keep the dust out when the wind blows.

I had to get up at 0-dark-thirty to be interviewed on the local radio station about the spelling bee. Then I hit the grocery store, sale paper in hand, and got a LOT of food for $46. I got a free package of hamburger buns, free bottle of BQ sauce and ketchup for .48. Not to mention 24 ounce squirt bottles of mustard for .68 and pork-n-beans for .48. Interesting: the meat department had a big sign, "No pink slime in our store-ground ground beef!" And I found a package of yesterday's grind that was $1 off. We will be barbecuing this weekend, if the wind doesn't blow us away first.

May 25th, 2012, 3:52 pm #5

We are headed out today for camping/ amusement park fun. I will be purchasing groceries for the trip. We make all our own food while there. We do simple and easy - eggs and bacon for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and hambugers/hotdogs, spedies, salt potatos, fresh fruit and salad. The kids love it because they get to pick out "sugar bottles" aka soda which I do not buy for home.

The kids each have money they saved to spend on any in park treats they may want. We do purchase a large cup for $7 that can be refilled for a dollar, even with icees and frozen lemonade. It is a vacation after all. Our teenage neighbor will watch the animals for us(rabbit and cat). We will probably get her a little something as she caught our bunny yesterday that had escaped.

Have a great weekend everyone!
what amusement park?

I'm going to three of them this weekend - Conneaut, Waldameer and Kennywood. Yes, I'm crazy. And no, I don't ever plan to grow up.

May 25th, 2012, 4:53 pm #6

$265 and another appointment next month for about the same. He froze the entire right side of my face because I told him that topical freezing never works. Apparently it does if you use enough of it. I don't know how much take out will be for supper tonight, but I'm pretty sure that you don't have to cook after dental surgery. I think it is a law...

On a personal note- did anyone see So You Think You Can Dance? last night? Anyone else doing "The Ocean" this morning

May 25th, 2012, 8:15 pm #7

We are pulling up the 50+ year old linoleum floor in the kitchen. I will finally have a wood floor in my kitchen!

May 25th, 2012, 8:36 pm #8

or are you putting down new wood floor? Good luck!!! Are you any good at posting pictures?? I am not... but if you are, post em here! We'd LOVE to see before and after pics!

May 25th, 2012, 8:37 pm #9

$265 and another appointment next month for about the same. He froze the entire right side of my face because I told him that topical freezing never works. Apparently it does if you use enough of it. I don't know how much take out will be for supper tonight, but I'm pretty sure that you don't have to cook after dental surgery. I think it is a law...

On a personal note- did anyone see So You Think You Can Dance? last night? Anyone else doing "The Ocean" this morning
both in Canada and in the US..... it's a North American Law, not limited to just one country : ) I'm sorry you had to go thru that! Yuck! I hope someone cooks you something soft but good for dinner... wish you were closer... we are having the black bean tortillas..... : )

May 26th, 2012, 4:27 am #10

Hope your face is feeling back to normal by now, Kim. Ouch!