FS Feb day 16

FS Feb day 16

February 16th, 2012, 11:47 am #1

Ahhh... it's thursday.... I'm fighting the first bad cold I've had in a long time. Yuck... anyhow...

I've been decluttering my cell phone contacts... I had so many people in there that I really don't need in there any more- old school info, the realtor et cetera... Having less clutter in there makes it easier to find who I am looking for when scrolling thru.

Goals for today are all meals at home, need to make 2 phone calls and if I feel up to going out will stop at the bank and make another deposit.
Last edited by SheilaPCT on February 16th, 2012, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 16th, 2012, 12:22 pm #2

Looks like a cooking day here. I've had one of my headaches since yesterday afternoon, due to the impending rain storm. : (
I already have 2 loaves of bread in the bread machines, dug out ingredients for Toll House cookies, dug out ingredients for tonight's supper: pate chinois (a French-Canadian version of Sheppard's pie), coleslaw. I've got laundry in the washer ready for the dryer, and most likely there is enough to run another load as well. Need to do some light cleaning today: sweep/vacuum, quick bathroom washdown (toilet/sink) and I'd like to get to one of my decluttering mini projects on my list: the kids' books.
One kidlet needs a MD appointment, can't call the day before to set it up, have to call the day of-that's their policy. Frankly, as a business, I'd rather know now not later, that a client wants to come in the next day. Shrug. Hopefully, I can get an afterschool appointment for him.
Beyond that, nothing overly exciting happening here. Have a great day!

February 16th, 2012, 1:25 pm #3

I had wanted to sleep some more, but dear cat started fussing for attention before 5 a.m. so I got up with her. She has calmed down, but if I try to go back to bed she will start fussing again. UGH! I am so tired. Anyway, some housework for me today and then dh and I are going out for a belated Valentine's dinner this evening with our B1G1 free coupon.

That is my day.

2catsmom

February 16th, 2012, 3:27 pm #4

Ahhh... it's thursday.... I'm fighting the first bad cold I've had in a long time. Yuck... anyhow...

I've been decluttering my cell phone contacts... I had so many people in there that I really don't need in there any more- old school info, the realtor et cetera... Having less clutter in there makes it easier to find who I am looking for when scrolling thru.

Goals for today are all meals at home, need to make 2 phone calls and if I feel up to going out will stop at the bank and make another deposit.
We are leaving sometime this morning (probably closer to noon) to drive 6-1/2 to 7 hours to the Portland area for a family funeral tomorrow. I am not packed, but I did two loads of wash last night, dried one when I went to bed, and I'm drying the second one now. I also made a lunch to take with us.

We have a room at LaQuinta tonight that cost $20 with points. No idea where we will stay the next two nights, but I'll pick up one of those travel booklets on the way and see what I can do. We are taking the dogs with us, which is why we aren't imposing on the Usual Suspects for free lodging. This saves us $43 night in kennel fees, but we have to get a room...but the main reason is that we don't want to put them back in the kennel so soon. Mary is cooking us breakfast tomorrow.

All meals cooked and eaten at home yesterday. I had Molly groomed so she would impress the relatives, LOL, and also because it had been 6 months! The groomer charged $6 extra because of all the hair and mats! I should have topped off the gas tank at Costco when I was out yesterday...but I forgot.
Last edited by MaxineS on February 16th, 2012, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 16th, 2012, 3:39 pm #5

2catsmom

February 16th, 2012, 4:22 pm #6

is the bankruptcy trustee. We've been penciled in if we want to sit and wait. We do! It is a relief to have the first part of the paperwork started.

I know a lot of people are against bankruptcy, but it is the only way to get my off my husband's debt.

February 16th, 2012, 4:28 pm #7

I scrubbed my couch and chair and washed the cushion covers. It looks 100% better. I also dusted everything and spotted treated the rug. I have turkey soup simmering on the stove for dinner. Today was trash day and I set out two big totes of recyclables and a bunch of cardboard. This cleared out my mud room so I can stash the three totes of my sister's things there instead of the dining room. I think I have the last of her things packed up. Still plugging away at some piles around the house. I'm hoping to do some each day through the weekend. Next week is vacation for the kids so decluttering will be impossible.

February 16th, 2012, 7:57 pm #8

but did manage to put together that recipe for the lentils/sausage/spinnach thing from the Year Of Crock-potting blog... I also threw together a pan of magic cookie bars as there was nothing "good" in the house. Now I am just wiped out... drinking tea, waiting for Ds2 to get home... we're staying in and watching Puss and Boots this evening and making a big bowl of pop corn. It's snowing, wet snow that is kind of accumulating a little into a slushy mess....

February 16th, 2012, 8:06 pm #9

It was outpatient and he is home now. Went well but he is in a lot of pain. Not frugal, but we had saved for it so it's not going to crunch the budget. The trip to St. Louis already did that. ;(

------
The road to success is always under construction.

February 16th, 2012, 8:39 pm #10

I've done laundry and decluttered some cabinets. I'm slowly getting stuff that I love moved in. As I bring in what I want, I'm getting rid of what I don't want of dh's. I bought an electric knife sharpener the other day at the thrift store and have been busy sharpening knives. It works good! I got it for $3 and found it on the internet for $100. That seems like an awful lot for something you would only use ever so often. I need to run the vacumn and fold some clothes before dh gets home. Also I made some chicken broth that needs to be frozen in smaller containers. We had chicken baked in the nuwave oven, then chicken and dumplings, then broth out of the carcass. And I'm still going to freeze some of the chicken and dumplings. I don't know if that will work well, but I'm giving it a try.

I need to re-ajust my frugal meter and get serious on a few things!