FS Feb Day 11

FS Feb Day 11

February 11th, 2012, 1:03 pm #1

It's almost Valentines day! Are you ready?

I did my grocery and dog food shopping yesterday- came in pennies below my $79 budget!

I have a friend and 4 of her kids coming over for hair cuts this morning. We got a dusting of snow. My plan for this weekend is to just hang out here and cook stuff. Both my younger 2 kids are going to their dads today until tomorrow. I have been feeling like life has been too much of a frenzy and I need some down time....

Over night I cooked a BIG batch of beans into baked beans. I started with a 2 lb bag of dry beans, soaked it and cooked it stove top (till the beans were soft) then put it in the crock pot with the other ingredients. I sure hope it is good. Plan for today is to freeze it in 2 cup portions... And cook a big turkey... I need to portion out those beans and wash the crock pot so I can use it to make broth from the turkey bones... I always do this... it makes the best broth!
Last edited by SheilaPCT on February 11th, 2012, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 11th, 2012, 2:39 pm #2

My accomplishments may be pretty short since this cold is still hanging on. I will try and do FIL's laundry. Should be two to three loads. That includes the sheets. I will make sloppy joes for dinner. Other than that I will rest and try to nap.

2catsmom

February 11th, 2012, 2:52 pm #3

I did my grocery and dog food shopping yesterday- came in pennies below my $79 budget!

I have a friend and 4 of her kids coming over for hair cuts this morning. We got a dusting of snow. My plan for this weekend is to just hang out here and cook stuff. Both my younger 2 kids are going to their dads today until tomorrow. I have been feeling like life has been too much of a frenzy and I need some down time....

Over night I cooked a BIG batch of beans into baked beans. I started with a 2 lb bag of dry beans, soaked it and cooked it stove top (till the beans were soft) then put it in the crock pot with the other ingredients. I sure hope it is good. Plan for today is to freeze it in 2 cup portions... And cook a big turkey... I need to portion out those beans and wash the crock pot so I can use it to make broth from the turkey bones... I always do this... it makes the best broth!
I'm going grocery shopping today. We are OUT of stuff. There's still enough food to feed an army, but nothing goes with anything else, and spices and oils and such are needed to complete meals. It will still be a light grocery shop compared to most. barely shopped at all last payday, so it's really time!

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers

February 11th, 2012, 11:05 pm #4

Took trash off early, that was $7ish, then gas for picup and gas cans $99. Then took other picup to town, spent $65 in gas for it, passed up on an auction, too many people. Ate out $15, spent $270 at farm store on heater, bird feed and feeders, chicken feed, clothes, welding tip, gate opener, and propane bottle. Went to walgreens, bought valentine stuff for grands got 4 teddy bears and chocolates, spent $55 there. Went to discount store spent $8 on socks, gloves and picture frame, then $50 at western store on clothes, went by nursing home and came home. I'm pooped!

February 12th, 2012, 12:54 am #5

We were out of the house at 8:3o this morning for public presentations. Both children did an excellent job. We hit Walmart for a bday gift for my nephew - $17 for a basketball and poster with no other spending. We had some time to kill so window shopped at the pet store and game stop. I did purchase some headbands and hair ties at the dollar store- total cost $2.

We had homemade pizza and munchies at the birthday party. I am still stuffed. DH made blt's for everyone else with items we had on hand.

The best news is that I finally got all the garbage and other things cleared out of my craft room. I am taking a break from painting right now. I used paint that I had on hand. It is a small room so it is going quickly. All my craft supplies are in totes right now. As I move things back in I will sort and declutter.

I am also getting rid of a huge box of paper tomorrow. DH was the financial secretary for Church for 3 years. We have had the offering envelopes and other records stored here for quite some time. DH is returning them to Church tomorrow.