FS Feb day 10 and "Wecome Home Max" : )

FS Feb day 10 and "Wecome Home Max" : )

February 10th, 2012, 12:27 pm #1

Hi everyone! It's friday..... I don't know about you but this week has felt VERY long... probably because I had so much running around going on in it.... next week is a little bit slower....

Today I am cooking some "wings" for dinner. Lunch will be left over stew or else the ham salad. Plans for today are to make crock pot baked beans, go get my taxes done, grocery shopping and possibly make a batch of muffins.

February 10th, 2012, 2:04 pm #2

I am gearing up for a busy weekend ahead. Tomorrow AM is 4H public presentations followed by a birthday party. Sunday is back to back Sunday school teaching responsibilities.

On the agenda for today is laundry. Dinner will be slow roasted chicken and salad.

February 10th, 2012, 2:46 pm #3

My day so fa,r all that I know for sure is that I am grocery shopping. I do not have to cook dinner. FIL has been invited out for dinner. We were planning on using our Olive Garden gift card, but dh has a terrible cold and I have a cold, but not as bad as his, so that may wait. Food never tastes as good when you have a cold.

Welcome home Maxine! You were missed. It sounds like you and your family had an excellent time.

2catsmom

February 10th, 2012, 5:20 pm #4

Hi everyone! It's friday..... I don't know about you but this week has felt VERY long... probably because I had so much running around going on in it.... next week is a little bit slower....

Today I am cooking some "wings" for dinner. Lunch will be left over stew or else the ham salad. Plans for today are to make crock pot baked beans, go get my taxes done, grocery shopping and possibly make a batch of muffins.
is not pregnant.

February 10th, 2012, 5:36 pm #5

Hope they figure out what the problem is soon! nt
LisaCNC

February 10th, 2012, 7:47 pm #6

is not pregnant.
Irregualr periods can be caused by PCOS... it's actually pretty common. I have it... "poly-cyctic-ovarian-syndrome"

February 10th, 2012, 9:13 pm #7

So I treated myself to a delicious chicken salad sandwich at a nearby restaurant. There's a Valetine's banquet tomorrow night that I was going to pass on, partly due to cost and partly due to needing rest. Today I was given a ticket so now I'm going. Sunday night the church where I work is having a free screening of the movie Courageous, I'm going to that.

February 10th, 2012, 10:19 pm #8

Irregualr periods can be caused by PCOS... it's actually pretty common. I have it... "poly-cyctic-ovarian-syndrome"
That is what I was thinking since my mom and I have both had serious problems with ovarian cysts AND cysts can screw with your hormones and I can see that she is definitely off hormonally.

I've told her to start looking for a family Dr. so she can investigate that.

She was fine until she went on the Depo provera shot. She's had about 4 periods in the last year which is the length of time she has been off of it. It does seem a little odd, though, and something to look into, I think.

She has an ultrasound booked for next week so they should be able to see something.

February 11th, 2012, 11:31 pm #9

My day so fa,r all that I know for sure is that I am grocery shopping. I do not have to cook dinner. FIL has been invited out for dinner. We were planning on using our Olive Garden gift card, but dh has a terrible cold and I have a cold, but not as bad as his, so that may wait. Food never tastes as good when you have a cold.

Welcome home Maxine! You were missed. It sounds like you and your family had an excellent time.

2catsmom
We didn't get back on the 10th because all 3 of our planes were late. We finally walked in the door of home at 2:15 a.m. on the 11th. Slept VERY late, picked up the dogs and food from McDonald's for lunch, and sorted through 2-1/2 weeks' worth of mail. Now I have to start unpacking and start to work my way through the mountain of laundry.

If any of you are considering a warm-weather winter vacation, I highly recommend Costa Rica! It was in the 80s every day with moderate humidity. CR is a beautiful country with varied terrain and incredible plants and animals. The Pacific Ocean beaches are lovely! (The Caribbean side is more rain forest). The people are friendly and very proud of their country, which is clean and doesn't have a lot of extreme poverty. We saw NO street children. It has been a peaceful democracy for over 150 years and it doesn't have an army. The literacy rate is about 97%. Hardly anybody smokes. The prices are reasonable--less than a trip to Hawaii with comparable accommodations, meals, etc. And the beaches beat the heck out of Hawaii!

Our tour took us on some day trips from San Jose, then to the rain forest at Tortegeura, Arenal volcano and lake, and to the Guanacaste coast on the Pacific. We saw howler monkeys (including a rare "blonde"), spider monkeys, dozens of iguanas, caimans (small crocs), toucans, a macaw and dozens of tropical bird species. Caravan Tours is a top-notch tour company which offers this for 10 days for $995 per person, all inclusive. We were booked into excellent hotels and ecolodges the entire time. We left the tour on the last day and stayed at Flamingo Beach Resort for another week.

Mike loved Costa Rica and wants to save up and go back next year and rent a villa on the beach! (which would be cheaper).

It's good to be back, but I'm EXHAUSTED.
Last edited by MaxineS on February 11th, 2012, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.