FS Feb- day 1

FS Feb- day 1

February 1st, 2012, 12:10 pm #1

Welcome to February..... how are you keeping it frugal/simple?

I have to make a bunch of phone calls today... it's actually already time around here to start thinking about summer camps- so I have to call one of those, they are giving an early bird discount but I need the finacial aid application first.... Also have to call a Hotel that double billed me when we stayed there on our way down to NC. I need to pay my car insurance and I need to change a dentist apt for my son.

My way of keeping today simple is hoping to not have to go out until I have to take both my kids to their appointments at 4 pm today. But I really have to get to Aldi.... seeing as today is the 1st, I might not be so glad I put that off.... I'm out of or just about out of, bread, milk, eggs and a few other staples. So I might end up doing that.... Tomorrow should be a no drive day for me, unless I put this Aldi stuff off till then...

February 1st, 2012, 2:48 pm #2

I brought my breakfast and lunch to work. After work I see the free tutor that the church provides, for help with my college math course. After tutoring will be dinner at the church, $4 per adult, I will be paying for Ayla and myself. Then, of course the service is free. We'll get home around 8:30. Hubby knows I have tutoring, then I eat at the church, so he knows he'll be eating leftovers for his dinner. On my lunch break I need to make a menu and grocery list for payday (tomorrow).

February 1st, 2012, 4:11 pm #3

I have to make a bunch of phone calls today... it's actually already time around here to start thinking about summer camps- so I have to call one of those, they are giving an early bird discount but I need the finacial aid application first.... Also have to call a Hotel that double billed me when we stayed there on our way down to NC. I need to pay my car insurance and I need to change a dentist apt for my son.

My way of keeping today simple is hoping to not have to go out until I have to take both my kids to their appointments at 4 pm today. But I really have to get to Aldi.... seeing as today is the 1st, I might not be so glad I put that off.... I'm out of or just about out of, bread, milk, eggs and a few other staples. So I might end up doing that.... Tomorrow should be a no drive day for me, unless I put this Aldi stuff off till then...
Dh went shopping Monday and bought 3 pairs of slacks. Funny how that wouldn't have bothered me before, but now I'm thinking 3??? Couldn't have just bought 1?

------
The road to success is always under construction.

February 1st, 2012, 5:17 pm #4

Spent $76, came in under budget- good thing tho- the plumber came and installed the new/used hot water heater and charged us $150 instead of the $100 he had said last summer... but I had it and he was paid.... I made the car insurance (6 months) payment today too.... whew... money sure is going out of here faster then it is coming in!!! Good thing I had budgeted for most of this stuff : ) But still I am gonna be playing catch up to get that $500 back into my E-fund... Not having it where I like that sure makes me feel uncommfortable, especially with the kind of luck I seem to have been having....

I have been craving something yummy, so thawed one of those "Butter Braids" i had bought from one of the kids fund raisers and cooked that... meals on my mind are pot pies for lunch today- probably taco soup for tonight (From the Broketo blog), spaghetti meat sauce and tuna noodle casserole... I have a weeks worth of meals planned out from what I have plus what I bought today.

February 1st, 2012, 5:19 pm #5

No money spent today. We cancelled our USA trip and hope to reschedule it in the fall. Lunch was leftovers.

February 1st, 2012, 5:19 pm #6

This got doubled and I got a message that I posted to fast!
Last edited by Tesoru2 on February 1st, 2012, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 1st, 2012, 6:53 pm #7

Decluttered some stuff for thrift store. Got some laundry done. Worked out with Jillian Michaels, (30 day shred), there's got to be a better way to get rid of a muffin top!

February 1st, 2012, 9:13 pm #8

I went to the WalMart today and got groceries. I only have one pair of jeans that are not super faded and stained, so I bought two not so cute pairs of jeans today at WM. $10 each, but I do not plan to be this size for long, so just wanted something presentable is all. I also recycled some cans and bottles and got $16.25 for it. So, that almost paid for my jeans.

Lunch was chicken salad sandwiches from a whole chicken that I baked. It was way heavy on the onions because I had half of a onion in the fridge that I wanted to use up. Some chips with it and a banana too.

Dinner will be a turkey meatloaf and deviled eggs and a veggie. My umph has done gone though, so maybe I will relax for a few minutes after all of my running this morning before I start the meatloaf.

I also went to the pharmacy.

2catsmom

February 2nd, 2012, 2:25 am #9

and decided to chime in. These posts sure have been helpful at keeping me on track.

We have a few aggressive savings goals in place for the next 1 1/2 years. We're trying to stay at/below budget to meet those goals.

My freezers were full at the end of the year so January I cut the grocery bill in half since we had enough meats and other items. I was able to meet that goal. Yay! Gas was way under budget and all over categories were at or below.

This month I'll need some meats for variety so I've budgeted $75/week. My usual budget is $120/week for dh and I. It's high, I know, but I buy a lot of organics. Dh works from home so he's here for breakfast, etc.

I stayed home today and washed laundry. It was supposed to be shopping day but I haven't felt well since yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow I'll head on out.

Dinner was carry out from Bob Evans as I didn't feel up to cooking. We do eat out several times a week and are under budget on that.

I have a huge medical expense this month that isn't covered by insurance so that will dig into the amount I can save.

You have two choices; make progress or make excuses.