FS Day-Tuesday May 29

FS Day-Tuesday May 29

May 29th, 2012, 11:42 am #1

Today I volunteer in my DDs class- last one, and then after school watch my friends kids. Also need to stop and pick up my new insurance card... Busy day- sort of. I also need to plan something for dinner. It's already sticky and warm here so I'm not sure what I want to have/make....

May 29th, 2012, 12:26 pm #2

to spend the last full day with dd#2 for a while - now that she's married, she thinks she should move to Orlando with my granddaughter to live with the hubby! We'll finish packing, decluttering, and in general, be getting them ready to move. Many errands that need to be ran before the day is over too!

I'm packing leftovers for lunch - and we'll have dinner here tonight, I think.

A busy day indeed.
glendaMO

May 29th, 2012, 12:27 pm #3

Today I volunteer in my DDs class- last one, and then after school watch my friends kids. Also need to stop and pick up my new insurance card... Busy day- sort of. I also need to plan something for dinner. It's already sticky and warm here so I'm not sure what I want to have/make....
I was supposed to oven roast or crockpot a whole chicken with veggies. That's not happening! Instead, I will poach the chicken, make a large chicken salad. Bones/skin to be turned into stock, later frozen for cooler temperatures! Sides will be leftover homemade salads: Hot German potato salad, macaroni salad. Home brewed iced tea. Cake and/or ice cream for dessert seekers.

Got one load of wash on the line, another about to go. I took a personal day today, to address some personal matters.

Have a good day!

May 29th, 2012, 1:30 pm #4

After a very long weekend of swimming and hanging out with friends, our summer schedule begins today. Dd had swim practice at 7:30 and I used that time to walk. Came home and made breakfast. On tap today is laundry, getting a resume out, finishing and mailing out thank you cards, planning this week's menu, grocery shopping, and cleaning stuff out of the garage so dh can park his car in the garage again. Ds has decided to take up running after a good expereince in gym class this past year. He regularly beat some good track team runners, so he wants to try out for track next spring. Several neighbor kids are on the team and have invited him to run with them to train. I need to find some low cost running shoes for him. I'm glad he found this other activity because he was bored with swimming and decided not to do it this summer.

May 29th, 2012, 3:54 pm #5

You can find good running shoes for good prices - usually closeouts and previous models.
LisaCNC

May 29th, 2012, 4:17 pm #6

I have one load of laundry in the washer. Boy, it sure is hard to pay laundromat prices when you have not had to do it in 24 years. The contractor is doing some work on our home. Hoping tomorrow to get out and about. We have some errands to run in another town. Today, I will go to the grocery store. They forgot to put some produce in my bag on Friday. I contacted customer service about it. Then to the pharmacy.

Another beautiful day in paradise. It is 53 degrees and the sun is shining.

Have a great day everyone.

2catsmom

May 29th, 2012, 9:12 pm #7

and made beef ribs (or maybe bison?) for supper.

May 29th, 2012, 10:27 pm #8

We had our last pre-spelling bee meeting. I proofread the T-shirt, had lunch with DS, got a bunch of free plants from a friend and picked up our walking weed eater at the small engine repair shop. Now I have to write a news release and get it out.

May 29th, 2012, 11:24 pm #9

You can find good running shoes for good prices - usually closeouts and previous models.
how was your weekend in Charlotte? Did you make it to Ikea?
Jaime

May 30th, 2012, 2:37 am #10

Wow, huge store!!! My sis almost bought a TV stand, but they didn't have the drawer fronts and they didn't know if they were available online (the walnut color is being discontinued), so she didn't get it. She almost bought a toddler bed for $39.99, but the box was too long to fit in her CR-V. It is available online, but shopping is $20, so I don't know if she's still going to order it or not. She did buy an easel for her GS, chalkboard on one side, whiteboard on the other, for $14.99. She also bought a box of chalk and a pack of dry erase pens. All I bought was lunch. We both got the buffalo chicken wrap and tea. Yum! They have some beautiful kitchen cabinets. If you can assemble, they're a good deal!

We also went to Old Time Pottery and picked up a few miscellaneous things (love that store but we don't have one close by; I only spent like $15). Sat, we ran to the mall because Belk was having a sale, and she wanted to pick up another pair of shorts she had gotten at home. I bought some hair product at JCPenney; it was part of the May sale.

The festival was fun. They had a lot fewer booths than past years, so not as many good free samples. Got to see the WEinermobile again. All the concerts were good. I'm having trouble w/ my leg, so that caused some problems getting around (this is week 3). Luckily, I was able to sit for the Fri and Sat concerts. Had to watch on the TV screens, but that was OK.

I have a dr appt tomorrow, so I hope they can give me something since exercises are not helping. I think it's sciatica again but a different nerve, but we'll see. My back is not hurting/burning/tingling this time, just my hip and ankle mostly. My ankle's the worst.

Thanks for asking!
LisaCNC