FS Day- May 11th

FS Day- May 11th

May 11th, 2012, 11:40 am #1

Happy Friday!

My plans for today are to go to wal-mart and see if my canvases are in. They had photo canvases on a good sale last week and I ordered some- pictures of my kids. These were pics taken late last fall of my kids, by a friend of mine, and she got some really good shots. I do not do "portrait studio pics" or school pics. My entry way is blank- no pictures or anything so these 4 will be cool once I get them. I ordered them a week ago and never heard back from Wal-Mart. I figure instead of calling it is best just to go there since it is really close by.

Other than that my kids go to their friends house for an after school play date. After that we are going to my moms for dinner and for me to cut her hair.

I might try and hit Aldi today.

What have you got going today?

May 11th, 2012, 12:17 pm #2

I fell into bed last night at 8:00. Today is another busy day. I am attending an awards ceremony at school this morning. DS is hoping to win an essay contest and I think he has a really good shot. The kids have a half day of school. DD is going to the zoo. I have to finish baking cookies for the chicken and biscuit dinner. This evening we have baseball and chicken and biscuuit dinner so my day will not end until 8:00. No plans for spending today and I need to make a deposit at the bank.

May 11th, 2012, 1:32 pm #3

Happy Friday!

My plans for today are to go to wal-mart and see if my canvases are in. They had photo canvases on a good sale last week and I ordered some- pictures of my kids. These were pics taken late last fall of my kids, by a friend of mine, and she got some really good shots. I do not do "portrait studio pics" or school pics. My entry way is blank- no pictures or anything so these 4 will be cool once I get them. I ordered them a week ago and never heard back from Wal-Mart. I figure instead of calling it is best just to go there since it is really close by.

Other than that my kids go to their friends house for an after school play date. After that we are going to my moms for dinner and for me to cut her hair.

Around here, the good produce deals go early on Saturdays, so if you wnat them, you need to go early. I stopped in after Mama's dr appt Wed and got a 29-cent cucumber, 2 69-cent pints of grape tomatoes, a 1.99 3/pk of romaine hearts, plus soem other non-produce stuff.

They also had the 3/pk red/yellw/orange peppers for 1.29; that's a FAB price, but I already had some in the fridge. I might swing by tomorrow when I head back down and get some, though. I rememberd that I could slice them up and freeze them. I finally got my Foodsaver set up this past weekend, so I should be able to slice and vacuum them up quickly.
LisaCNC

May 11th, 2012, 2:27 pm #4

I wasn't planning on Aldi's this week but I'll swing by while I'm out. I checked my local ad and the prices here are higher, but still good: $1.69 for the peppers, .99 grape tomatoes, .75 for cucumber pkg, and .69 for 8 oz mushrooms.

May 11th, 2012, 3:27 pm #5

Mine were individual ones, so 29 cents each.
LisaCNC

May 11th, 2012, 3:36 pm #6

Happy Friday!

...on many fronts. We are having the roof replaced on one side of the garage and it is costing about $1,800. We lose shingles there every time the wind blows, and this has gone on since the house was built, almost 15 years ago. We had to have the back of the house replaced after a major blow a few years ago, but insurance paid for that.

Also, tonight is "Night of the Stars" at Silverwood theme park, so of course, DD is going and I have to go with her. Every disabled person from 100 miles in every direction will be there--even people DD went to high school with in Lewiston! So it is going to be Old Home Week for her. She says she is going to ride the wooden rollercoaster, but I can tell you: it won't be with me! MaryH-PA: where are you when I need you???! We'll probably leave for Silverwood around 3. All the rides and food are free!

In between, I have to pay bills and do some other paperwork. Also, I loaded the truck with recycling last night, so a trip to the dump will also happen. It's waaaaaay overdue.

DH is not quite as dizzy today as yesterday, when he nearly lost his balance in the doctor's parking lot, but I grabbed him. He hasn't fallen yet. Needless to say, he isn't driving.
Last edited by MaxineS on May 11th, 2012, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 11th, 2012, 4:53 pm #7

which is nowhere near Idaho. In fact, I'm going to Kennywood tomorrow.

If I were anywhere near you, I'd be happy to come out and ride with her (I see two wooden coasters on the website).

May 11th, 2012, 4:57 pm #8

Mine were individual ones, so 29 cents each.
They were .75 for 3, but there was at least one questionable cucumber in each 3 pack so I passed. They only had a few pints of grape tomatoes left and I bought 2 since ds loves them. However, these are the biggest ones I've ever seen. They look like really small plum tomatoes! Along with the other deals I also bought a pound of baby carrots for .49 for dh to take to work. And then I hightailed it out of there before I was tempted to look at other groceries that we don't need right now.

May 11th, 2012, 6:02 pm #9

which is nowhere near Idaho. In fact, I'm going to Kennywood tomorrow.

If I were anywhere near you, I'd be happy to come out and ride with her (I see two wooden coasters on the website).
Yes, two wooden rollercoasters plus the steel one that used to be the Corkscrew at Knott's Berry Farm. She went on that one at Knott's when she was a kid. Have fun at Kennywood this weekend, Mary!

May 11th, 2012, 8:46 pm #10

...on many fronts. We are having the roof replaced on one side of the garage and it is costing about $1,800. We lose shingles there every time the wind blows, and this has gone on since the house was built, almost 15 years ago. We had to have the back of the house replaced after a major blow a few years ago, but insurance paid for that.

Also, tonight is "Night of the Stars" at Silverwood theme park, so of course, DD is going and I have to go with her. Every disabled person from 100 miles in every direction will be there--even people DD went to high school with in Lewiston! So it is going to be Old Home Week for her. She says she is going to ride the wooden rollercoaster, but I can tell you: it won't be with me! MaryH-PA: where are you when I need you???! We'll probably leave for Silverwood around 3. All the rides and food are free!

In between, I have to pay bills and do some other paperwork. Also, I loaded the truck with recycling last night, so a trip to the dump will also happen. It's waaaaaay overdue.

DH is not quite as dizzy today as yesterday, when he nearly lost his balance in the doctor's parking lot, but I grabbed him. He hasn't fallen yet. Needless to say, he isn't driving.
I called the medical lab to pay my $214 bill for blood work with a CC and the clerk told me my insurance would have paid if the doc had coded it differently. Called the doctor, and sure enough they made a mistake and will re-code it. That clerk is my new best friend!! Also, the roof came in at $1,620, not $1,800.
Last edited by MaxineS on May 11th, 2012, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.