FS *AUGUST* day 1- Wednesday

FS *AUGUST* day 1- Wednesday

August 1st, 2012, 10:46 am #1

Welcome August!

Today I have to be up and out early! I am car pooling for DDs camp with another mom- I am bringing them to the bus stop and the other mom picks up in the afternoon. I need to leave here by 7:45 this morning. I just woke kids up but they are not happy aobut a 6:45 wake up!

Plans for today are to take kids to a free library program tonight if they are not too tired. Not sure what is for dinner yet...

August 1st, 2012, 11:15 am #2

I was up at 5:30. I am watching a little one who arrived at 6AM. It is a one time thing but we need the money. We have been spending way too much lately. We had our Adirondacks trip followed by summer camp for the kids. I had to renew my license and DH had $300 in repairs to his to his truck. DH needs 2 rootcanals to the tune of $1200.

Things are looking up though. DH has his truck listed for sale. This will easily cover the root canals and replenish the emergency fund. I should have 2 full time day care kids starting next week.

Today will be a full day with 7 kiddos here. DH is working from home this week which has definitely put a kink in my routine.

I have been stretching our food as much as possible and cooking some meatless meals. Last night was tuna melts and tonight will be bean burritos. If DH doesn't have meat by tomorrow night he may file for divorce.

August 1st, 2012, 1:20 pm #3

Welcome August!

Today I have to be up and out early! I am car pooling for DDs camp with another mom- I am bringing them to the bus stop and the other mom picks up in the afternoon. I need to leave here by 7:45 this morning. I just woke kids up but they are not happy aobut a 6:45 wake up!

Plans for today are to take kids to a free library program tonight if they are not too tired. Not sure what is for dinner yet...
I am trying to eat down what is on hand, but my family does not like it when I do that. They have been really cooperative this week, which I am grateful for. I need more of an actual plan though. Chicken leg quarters are going in the crock pot this morning. I do not expect to have to spend at all today. Yay!

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33

August 1st, 2012, 1:27 pm #4

...made chicken leg quarters for his dinner last night and lunch today. He marinated them all day in Yoshida sauce, nuked them, and then put them on the grill. They were wonderful! Crock Pot sounds good, too. Are you making a sauce?

Yesterday I cleaned the fridge. With all of the running around we did last month, it kind of got away from me...in more ways than one. More waste than usual. I picked up an Rx and grabbed the weekly grocery specials (which expire on Tuesday), and I hit the jackpot. The meat man had just marked down a bunch of 85% ground beef and I grabbed 4 packages totaling a little over 5 lbs. The packages were $2.99 each and the meat averaged around $2.10 per pound. They also had hamburger buns, limit 1, for .49, so we had homemade hamburgers last night. I froze three one lb. packages and one that's just over 1-1/2 lbs.

I have to take DD to the gynecologist today for her annual exam at 10:50. The doc is right around the corner from where DS works, so we will have lunch with him from 12 to 1. Then, the pinochle bunch is due here at 1:30. My house is pretty well picked up, but could still use some work (always!).

I've been glued to the TV for the last two nights, watching the Olympics.

August 1st, 2012, 5:20 pm #5

Welcome August!

because it was denied.

August 1st, 2012, 6:59 pm #6

what about yesterday? Why did they deny?

------
The road to success is always under construction.

August 1st, 2012, 9:16 pm #7

I was called in last night. I think it was going to be approved but the staff that was trained for the position on Friday flaked out somehow. I talked to the regional manager last night at 10:20 pm and she didn't say anything about it.

I can resign the position then reapply if no one else signs for the hours. They might keep them for me and they might not. It might all work out just like it was supposed to.

I'm more than a little annoyed that no one called me or anything, though.