FS Aug, day 7- Tuesday

FS Aug, day 7- Tuesday

August 7th, 2012, 10:59 am #1

Today is a grocery day for me.... I'm not really excited about it, probably need to hit at least 2 places (Aldi and another store) . I need to make a deposit in the bank of what ever I have left after grocery shopping, fill the tank of my car and then maybe rent the Lorax (anyone seen it?) for me and the kids to watch tonight. Decluttering continues....

What's on your schedule for the day?

August 7th, 2012, 11:09 am #2

I have today and next Monday - Wednesday to make copies and ready my room for the first day of school. I do not yet have a start date, so the fob for my building does not work. This means I can't go in on the weekends. I have no school computer. I still do not know what they want me to teach (yes, there are standards, but the school/district usually wants you to teach certain things at certain times). There are no supplies in my room, other than what I have purchased. I can't even find overhead sheets in the supply room.

If I smoked, I would be smoking now to relieve the stress. I can't drink, as it makes me unproductive. And it's too early.

August 7th, 2012, 11:26 am #3

Is there anyone you can e-mail with these questons? The person who hired you?

August 7th, 2012, 12:33 pm #4

Today is a grocery day for me.... I'm not really excited about it, probably need to hit at least 2 places (Aldi and another store) . I need to make a deposit in the bank of what ever I have left after grocery shopping, fill the tank of my car and then maybe rent the Lorax (anyone seen it?) for me and the kids to watch tonight. Decluttering continues....

I am so tired because we've been staying up to watch olympics on nbc and all the coverage stays on till midnight! This is first time i really miss having cable, if you have cable you can watch stuff online...

In a carpool for dd's camp-100 miles roundtrip. Drove yesterday and need to drive again tomorrow. One mom is driving both ways today since she can work remotely-she is going to find somewhere with free wifi and then just stay out there all day, saving someone else a round trip. At $4/gall that is $20 per found trip for me.

August 7th, 2012, 1:43 pm #5

I have today and next Monday - Wednesday to make copies and ready my room for the first day of school. I do not yet have a start date, so the fob for my building does not work. This means I can't go in on the weekends. I have no school computer. I still do not know what they want me to teach (yes, there are standards, but the school/district usually wants you to teach certain things at certain times). There are no supplies in my room, other than what I have purchased. I can't even find overhead sheets in the supply room.

If I smoked, I would be smoking now to relieve the stress. I can't drink, as it makes me unproductive. And it's too early.
By this time, I'd want my room done, and a couple of weeks of lesson plans done.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

August 7th, 2012, 2:01 pm #6

Seven people arrive here tomorrow, and most of my house is still a mess. I did a really good job of cleaning the kitchen yesterday--and picked it up before I went to bed last night--and some PUPA, but not enough. So not enough!!! I do have a housecleaner coming tomorrow, but clean isn't the problem...and she can't fix mess. Today is going to be unreal!

We got the futon moved to the cabin over the weekend, which was a bitch to unload and get into the house. The frame is solid oak, plus it has a 6 inch mattress. With a lot of pushing and pulling, we finally got the frame and mattress in separately. I swept off the front deck and outdoor furniture and hosed it down--would have done better with a pressure washer, but a hose and a lousy nozzle are what I had.

Yesterday I insisted on fixing DD's hair because I can do it so it doesn't look dirty (it needed washing, which we finally did last night--I just wasn't up to it this weekend). I pulled the sides back like Louisa wears it on Doc Martin...DD has hair like hers, and I've always liked it pulled back that way, although she doesn't. She usually wears it in a loose ponytail or knotted up into her version of a bun...which I don't like at all, but it's her hair. I need to make an appointment for a haircut for her. It is quite long, straight and thick and about 6 inches needs to come off. Not something I would undertake, although I do trim her bangs.

Also yesterday, DS and I went up to my friend Betsy's to pick up the free snow blower. It is only 2-3 years old and the only thing wrong with it is that the augur has a broken shear pin. Which DH has fixed previously on our machine. He is THRILLED. I haven't heard anymore about the apartment, so I'm assuming he either didn't pursue it or someone else got there first.

ETA--I, too, am hooked on the Olympics...or at least, DS is, and I watch with him. When we put away the snow blower last night, I spotted a ripped-up boat cover. I brought it into the house and while I watched, I cut off all of the webbed straps and plastic snap-on buckles (like on dog collars and life jackets). I have needed one in the past, and it was hard to find--now I have 8! I also have enough webbing for handles on tote bags to last me a lifetime...and then some! The trash is at the curb this morning and the old cover is in it!
Last edited by MaxineS on August 7th, 2012, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 7th, 2012, 3:32 pm #7

and get it all in one spot... I also want to ruthlessly purge some of it...

August 7th, 2012, 3:41 pm #8

But I haven't seen it yet, other than a few bits and pieces.

I'm not Olympic-sleep-deprived, I stay up til midnight most nights anyway.  But I'm starting to fall behind on schoolwork, last night I tried studying and watching at the same time, that worked OK til I got to the section on Cubism, which is totally weird to me anyway so I quit studying til I could give it my full attention.  My next chapter is on architecture, I can't wait for that one!  My favorite thing!!  I glanced ahead, the chapter seems heavy on Frank Lloyd Wright but I'm totally Ok with that. 

Last night's clean-out-the-fridge soup was good.  I started with 3 cups of frozen chicken broth, then added the leftover pasta and sauce, a diced chicken breast, some field peas the neighbor grew, and half an onion.  Once the leftovers were used up I threw in some frozen corn and carrots to round it out.  I seasoned it with Italian seasoning, it tasted like minestrone.

Not sure what I'm doing tonight but I have half a pork loin thawed and needing to use up.  I might dice a little of it to throw into fried rice for tonight, then put the rest in the crockpot tomorrow.  Or have hubby use the rest of the pork loin to make more bulgogi only not make it so CRAZY HOT this time, so we can all eat it!!!

August 7th, 2012, 4:35 pm #9

I am so tired because we've been staying up to watch olympics on nbc and all the coverage stays on till midnight! This is first time i really miss having cable, if you have cable you can watch stuff online...

In a carpool for dd's camp-100 miles roundtrip. Drove yesterday and need to drive again tomorrow. One mom is driving both ways today since she can work remotely-she is going to find somewhere with free wifi and then just stay out there all day, saving someone else a round trip. At $4/gall that is $20 per found trip for me.
The only Olympics coverage I have even watched is what little bit the show on the news. Correction - I did see a few minutes here and there of the opening ceremones. I was helping my sister hook her satellite, tv and XBox back up (she got a new TV stand nad unhooked everything), so I saw bits of it trying to get everythign hooked up correctly. Took forever!!! Never could figure out how to get the DVD player hooked up correctly. She'll jsut ahve to unplug the XBox and plug in the DVD when she wants to use it.

I guess I am saving up my watching for the NC Senior Games in Sept and Oct. This will be my 19th year volunteering at State Finals, and I will see a whole lot of events. NC has the largest Senior Games in the nation. This year is a qualifying year for the National Games, so we will have over 3,000 participants easily.
LisaCNC

August 7th, 2012, 9:53 pm #10

By this time, I'd want my room done, and a couple of weeks of lesson plans done.

------
The road to success is always under construction.
I am supposed to meet with the curriculum director sometime in the next week and a half. All the Language Arts teachers at this school are new this year, so I have no one to go to. I'm going to outline 3 untits, with one done in detail so I have something if I don't get the answers I am looking for. I have a curriculum map, but it is not detailed.

My husband is taking the kids to Cedar Point (amusement park) this weekend, so I am going to hunker down and knock out what needs to be done.