FS Aug day 15, Wednesday

FS Aug day 15, Wednesday

August 15th, 2012, 10:49 am #1

We woke to some pretty terrific thunder and lightning this morning, I was glad we did not lose power!

Today I drop kids at camp, pick up older DS and take him for his learners permit test... I'm bringing my book, we will probably be at DMV a while.... also need to make a few calls, make spaghetti meat sauce for dinner and tonight there is a free program at the library about lightning bugs.... So that is my day in a nutshell.

August 15th, 2012, 11:46 am #2

This is going to be a big year of change for us. I was telling dd this morning that I was also in 6th grade when my mom went back to work full time. It was a chaotic school year, as I remember. The house went to crap, laundry was always piled up, and my father had his first heart attack (in front of me, no less). It was absolutely crazy.

I have been pretty excited to have a job, but have realized in the past week that I am very sad for my way of life to be ending. I liked being there when the kids got home and being available to run them places, make a good dinner (even though I hate cooking), and keep them focused on homework. I am going to make a real effort to keep the focus on my kids after school, but I know that will be a struggle with my own grading and planning.

Today I will be going back to my classroom to get things finalized. I have meetings all day tomorrow and Friday, then students come Monday. And so my new life begins....

August 15th, 2012, 2:33 pm #3

We woke to some pretty terrific thunder and lightning this morning, I was glad we did not lose power!

Today I drop kids at camp, pick up older DS and take him for his learners permit test... I'm bringing my book, we will probably be at DMV a while.... also need to make a few calls, make spaghetti meat sauce for dinner and tonight there is a free program at the library about lightning bugs.... So that is my day in a nutshell.
Temps are supposed to be in the mid-80s and partly cloudy. (It is 69 now with a smattering of clouds in a blue sky and a nice breeze). I watered my weeds last night and am going to pull weeds in the flower beds for a short while this morning. I have weeds everywhere...but as Sheila says, "progress is progress." Gotta start somewhere.

I'm thinking about going to Harrison today, but it would be easy to talk me out of it. I have a couple of beds to change and weeds to spray. We want to put in the lawn this fall and it would be nice to kill the perennial weeds first. If I go, I will go to the "municipal swimming pool" (aka the lake) for a swim while I am there. I haven't been swimming much this summer, and I need to and--surprisingly--want to.

We aren't playing pinochle today because two of our four (not including me) will be gone. We got together yesterday for a scavenger hunt, which the Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring this summer for a $1,000 prize. It's really more like Downtown Bingo, where you follow clues to different businesses and get your card stamped. It doesn't look like too many people are playing, so maybe one of us will win. We are doing it "one for all and all for one" if we win. (I have no great expectations, but we are having fun together).

I have lots of phone calls to make today. One is to the developmental disabilities center where DD goes. Read in the paper yesterday they got the contract to clean one of the high schools at night, which means DD might be going back to night janitorial work. She prefers her current job in the vocational center, but janitorial pays her about 5X as much and she would have her summers off. So, we'll see...ultimately it will be up to her. (And money doesn't mean a thing to her).

Also, DH is covered with spots and I have been staying away from him. He has Foot & Mouth virus (which DS had two weeks ago) and his hands, feet and one ear are covered with spots. Also, the fever caused his chronic staph to flare, so he has other spots on his face and thighs. He's not quite as miserable as he was...but he's sure a beauty! Did I tell you I married him for his looks, LOL? (it's a good thing that's a joke).

August 15th, 2012, 3:44 pm #4

I don't know what possessed me to make an appointment at 1:30. It's for a fasting bloodtest and dip test to see if my UTI is completely gone (I'm sure it is). I ate at midnight and hoped I would sleep late this morning, but I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. So now I'm trying not to think of food and hope I don't get sick when I finally get to eat this afternoon. I usually do get sick when I eat after skipping a meal. And I have things I'd like to do when I'm in the city. Prayers and good wishes appreciated.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

August 15th, 2012, 7:08 pm #5

I hope that your day went better than expected Tnetter.

PB, so sorry to hear about your dad.

Everyone else have a good day!

2catsmom

August 15th, 2012, 9:38 pm #6

I didn't get sick until after my errand, and I managed to make it home.

------
The road to success is always under construction.