FS April day 9-Monday

FS April day 9-Monday

April 9th, 2012, 11:48 am #1

Ahhhh... it's monday already.... wow....

Today I need to call my car insurance and cancel for van that I sold (should be getting a check back on that since I just paid it in feb, for 6 months) , maybe list a few other things on freecycle, take down the Easter decorations and put up some "spring" stuff I have here, watch my friends kids in the afternoon and if I feel really ambitious I really, really need to clean the outside of my garage doors windows- they are filthy....

April 9th, 2012, 12:21 pm #2

I have 7 littles today and no school. It will be a loooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg day. No extra projects planned just hoping to keep things under control

April 9th, 2012, 4:37 pm #3

Today I need to call my car insurance and cancel for van that I sold (should be getting a check back on that since I just paid it in feb, for 6 months) , maybe list a few other things on freecycle, take down the Easter decorations and put up some "spring" stuff I have here, watch my friends kids in the afternoon and if I feel really ambitious I really, really need to clean the outside of my garage doors windows- they are filthy....
Dropped my phone in water... I think I killed it.... (it's in rice right now but that trick has never worked for me before). I did call and get my van off the car insurance (losing the multi car discount, so refund won't be as big).

The lawyer also lit a fire under my boyfriend John about getting the house on the Market "RIGHT NOW". We had been planning to set this up mid summer when we go down there but I can tell the attorney is as frustrated with John as John is with the attorney.... So I am gonna call 2 on the list that the attorney gave to us and see if we can send the attorney a key- have the Realtors each get the key, go look at the house and let us know. It is quite the fixer upper.... We are both not really comfortable picking a realtor with out meeting with them face to face.... but on the other hand I DO see the point in getting it on the market sooner than later. Do any of you have any advice for picking a Realtor long distance???

April 9th, 2012, 5:41 pm #4

Don't forget to tatke your cancelled receipt to town hall for a credit on the car taxes you would have paid last July/August. It'll take about 1 month, but there should be a credit there.

April 9th, 2012, 5:42 pm #5

If your cell phone isn't up yet for renewal or you don't want to spend the $, post Freecycle for a replacement phone. WEe recently got 3!

April 9th, 2012, 6:12 pm #6

that I got in a big bag or 3 a year or so ago, on Freecycle! : ) I am very glad to have a spare... but I am still hoping mine can be saved, but like I said, not too hopeful....

April 9th, 2012, 7:09 pm #7

I love that you get free shipping both ways. I'm treating myself to a new pair of Croc flip flops, mine are about 3 years old but the store that sold them here only sells the clogs now, no flip flops. I read the reviews on the site and they said the flip flops tend to run slightly smaller now. Sure enough, I needed a larger size. I printed out the return label and taped it on earlier, I'll drop it at the PO on the way home.

I'm going to a friend's for supper. She's a huge fan of the show Bones so since we can't afford to go out very often, our new "thing" is for me to go to her house on Monday nights, have supper with her, and watch the show together. Talk about a cheap date.

April 9th, 2012, 8:07 pm #8

that I got in a big bag or 3 a year or so ago, on Freecycle! : ) I am very glad to have a spare... but I am still hoping mine can be saved, but like I said, not too hopeful....
The "insurance" on my Tracfone/Straight Talk phones is simply an extra $20 refurbished phone. Some of the Tracs have actually been free with the purchase of an airtime card. We have also given away and asked for Verizon phones when we've needed one. I sent an old one of DS's to StaceyK when she needed it, and she sent it back when DS's girlfriend (a true frugalista) needed one. Sure a lot cheaper than buying insurance! Only problem is, DS does not want a $20 phone if something happens to his iPhone. But, for those of us who don't care...this works for us! We recently had to replace both DH's Trac and my Straight Talk. I bought a $20 ST refurb, but dug into my collection of Tracs for DH.
Last edited by MaxineS on April 9th, 2012, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 9th, 2012, 11:04 pm #9

Although I've been in and out of the sack today, I'm out at the moment. I got some cough syrup last night, and it has helped. Still very hoarse.

I have been digging up, dividing and potting up perennial plants to be used in Harrison. So far, I have 4 peonies, 4-5 bleeding hearts (from one old big one that was just about played out), 6-8 foxgloves and 3 white columbines that I dug out of the daffodil bed. This sounds like a lot more work than it has been. Definitely a frugal endeavor, if you've priced peonies and bleeding hearts lately.

Also, last fall I started 3 snowball bushes (viburnum) by layering (laying a branch on the ground, weighing it down with a rock, and having it take root), and I potted those up, too. Unfortunately, the oakleaf hydrangeas did NOT root...but it was worth a try. Layering is a great way to start flowering shrubs from those you already have.

The prairie dogs are courting in my backyard....

April 10th, 2012, 3:46 am #10

Dropped my phone in water... I think I killed it.... (it's in rice right now but that trick has never worked for me before). I did call and get my van off the car insurance (losing the multi car discount, so refund won't be as big).

The lawyer also lit a fire under my boyfriend John about getting the house on the Market "RIGHT NOW". We had been planning to set this up mid summer when we go down there but I can tell the attorney is as frustrated with John as John is with the attorney.... So I am gonna call 2 on the list that the attorney gave to us and see if we can send the attorney a key- have the Realtors each get the key, go look at the house and let us know. It is quite the fixer upper.... We are both not really comfortable picking a realtor with out meeting with them face to face.... but on the other hand I DO see the point in getting it on the market sooner than later. Do any of you have any advice for picking a Realtor long distance???
Get a realtor who deals exclusively in that area. Dd's first realtor took the listing but didn't really promote it. She also didn't sell in that price range or sell much in that town. When the listing was up, she found a realtor (actually he found her) who sold only in that price range and in that town and it sold in 2 weeks.

------
The road to success is always under construction.