FS April day 27

FS April day 27

April 27th, 2012, 2:55 pm #1

I grocery shopped today, since my favorite store starts it's sales on Fridays. Pleased with several good deals there like 5lb granny smith apples for $1.49, our favorite tomatoes on the vine for $1.48lb, cheese for less than $3 pound. They have good regular prices too like a dozen eggs for 99 cents and butter $2 pound. And often at the checkout I get coupons for things I actually use, like $3 off any brand of crackers.

For dinner I'm finally cooking the corned beef I bought around St. Patrick's Day. I really don't feel like baking today, but the family will be disappointed if I don't bake challah.

Someone is coming tomorrow to check a roof leak, so I need to tidy up the house. I'm sure he's seen worse and I'll probably never see the guy again, but I'll be embarrassed if it's dirty.

Made an offer on a house but the seller's not coming down much. Hmpf. The price isn't really unreasonable, we were just hoping to get it a little lower if we could. The house needs a lot of cosmetic work and some changes to the kitchen, but everything else seems fine.

April 27th, 2012, 6:17 pm #2

I slept in late...yes I'm one of those people who loves to sleep in!
Sat and drank my morning coffee while looking at recipes online. Hoping to be successful on cooking this weekend and only eating at once and perhaps maybe not at all. Tonight we are going to have grilled buffalo chicken breasts, have some cabbage left in the fridge I'm going to grill in foil packets. Put together a pasta salad earlier.
I looked over the grocery ads and went to the store to buy some stuff for a dessert (that we don't need) and they were out of angel food mix! Definitely a sign we didn't need to eat that! Bought an on sale london broil that i'm going to get marinating tonight to grill tomorrow.
I've straightened up around the house a bit today and plan to head to Blockbuster later to trade out our movie for something else to watch tonight.
Jaime

April 27th, 2012, 8:37 pm #3

I grocery shopped today, since my favorite store starts it's sales on Fridays. Pleased with several good deals there like 5lb granny smith apples for $1.49, our favorite tomatoes on the vine for $1.48lb, cheese for less than $3 pound. They have good regular prices too like a dozen eggs for 99 cents and butter $2 pound. And often at the checkout I get coupons for things I actually use, like $3 off any brand of crackers.

For dinner I'm finally cooking the corned beef I bought around St. Patrick's Day. I really don't feel like baking today, but the family will be disappointed if I don't bake challah.

Someone is coming tomorrow to check a roof leak, so I need to tidy up the house. I'm sure he's seen worse and I'll probably never see the guy again, but I'll be embarrassed if it's dirty.

Made an offer on a house but the seller's not coming down much. Hmpf. The price isn't really unreasonable, we were just hoping to get it a little lower if we could. The house needs a lot of cosmetic work and some changes to the kitchen, but everything else seems fine.
I had an interview with the local newspaper this morning about the spelling bee, then our committee met for coffee across the street. I decided to hit a couple of thrift stores, and I hit the jackpot!

At one store, I hit the motherlode of dishes for my friend Suzanne's motel and bought $27 worth of her fish dishes and a Cabela's pattern that has a cabin, canoe and two flying ducks. They are building two more units and one of them will have a duck theme.

At St. Vinnie's, I came across 4 high-end portable heaters, one a Bionaire and three that were oil-filled, all for $10 each. I bought the Bionaire and I think I'm really going to like it. When I called Suzanne and told her about the dishes, I mentioned the heaters and she said she was going to come into town to get them. One of the new units is actually a refurbished houseboat and they will need a heater.

Then I went to Costco, and it was all downhill after that..... All stuff that we needed, though. And I hadn't been in over a month.

April 27th, 2012, 11:55 pm #4

Just found my heater on Amazon for $138.56!

April 28th, 2012, 1:42 am #5

I never find any good deals at thrift stores like that! I guess I don't know what kind of heater you bought, I was thinking it was something like what we had, but I think ours we use is only 35.00.
Jaime

April 28th, 2012, 2:28 am #6

Today I was surprised that even filing late at night on the 17th the federal tax refund was in my bank account already! I'm impressed (this was an efile but still I thought there'd be a heavy load filing on the due date).

April 28th, 2012, 2:16 pm #7

I did them over that weekend, but I got the email that it had been accepted Monday 4/16. The money was in my acct Mon 4/23. It actually posted Fri 4/20 but I didn't have access to it until that Monday.
LisaCNC