FS April day 12

FS April day 12

April 12th, 2012, 10:39 am #1

Good morning frugalites! It's thursday.... I have to pick up my son after school today and dinner is going to be tacos made with some sales price ground beef. I have to do some errands this Am but all close by. Ds is mostly all set for colonail day tomorrow with his outfit. I need to cut and roll up a pair of sweat pants and put a few tack stitches in them. I was shocked to get an answer on my Freecycle request and got an outfit that is gorgous and hand sewn- vest, jacket, ascot and tri corner hat, he loves it and he has already decided it will do great for Halloween as well, score!!!

April 12th, 2012, 1:20 pm #2

if I can get my body going.

in case anyone didn't know, pouring a concrete garage slab at 49 is HARD on my body.
karen

April 12th, 2012, 1:41 pm #3

Good morning frugalites! It's thursday.... I have to pick up my son after school today and dinner is going to be tacos made with some sales price ground beef. I have to do some errands this Am but all close by. Ds is mostly all set for colonail day tomorrow with his outfit. I need to cut and roll up a pair of sweat pants and put a few tack stitches in them. I was shocked to get an answer on my Freecycle request and got an outfit that is gorgous and hand sewn- vest, jacket, ascot and tri corner hat, he loves it and he has already decided it will do great for Halloween as well, score!!!
So I don't have to!

I'm swimming laps this morning and then I have to get started on DS's taxes. Maybe I will do some laundry, too--but don't bet on it! A couple is coming over tonight with their trailer to pick up some excess metal roofing and siding--I have enough for them to build a shed, and it's free for the hauling. We have an extension ladder, and they will haul that for us, too.

Karen, how much did it cost to pour the concrete yourself? As soon as they take load limits off the roads and we can haul, we are having a 22x30 floor with rebar poured for around $2,000. I was in my mid-40s the last time we poured concrete ourselves, and I can tell you--don't wanna do it now!

April 12th, 2012, 2:22 pm #4

I have to take my parents pup to the vet this morning, other then that I think it will be a stay at home and pick up kinda day. Its supposed to be kind of showery and a few thunderstorms around this afternoon... wish it would dry up a bit so we can get some mowing done before we have a full fledged hay field in our front yard.. not much going on around here really.

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

April 13th, 2012, 6:44 pm #5

First of all, I'm feeling about 80% better. I stayed up all day yesterday for the first time and expect to do the same today.

Our friends came over last night to pick up the building materials. They took everything they thought they could use and dumped the little scraps in the back of my pickup. They also helped load some old countertops. This morning, DH and I picked up more junk and hauled it all off the the dump. There's still a lot more that needs hauling away, but as Sheila would say, "Progress is progress." (I wouldn't mind making another trip today, but I wouldn't get any help.)

We are going to the cabin tonight after DD's Special Olympics swimming practice. We have a tree to plant and I've already got it loaded into the truck. We will have dinner before we go, and I'll be the one cooking it, but at the moment I have no clue what it will be.

A friend wants me to go to an estate sale this afternoon, but I think I'm going to be busy with taxes. I hit St. Vinnie's yesterday after swimming and got 3 nice black ladderback kitchen chairs for $12. Two of them need minor repairs, but the operative word (for a change) is MINOR. They don't even need painting.