Frugal Simple Sunday, July 29

Frugal Simple Sunday, July 29

July 29th, 2012, 1:39 pm #1

Where are you guys? LOL I hardly have anything worth reading, but I like to read what you guys have going on.

Today I've done a bit of gardening, dh is mowing, and later plan to go see a frail uncle that's not doing well. Who knows after that. Yesterday we spent 5 hrs in the sun at an auction, all dh bought was a metal cabinet for $27. Bil bought a box blade. Had fun though!

Everyone have a great day!!
Last edited by ruralgirl on July 29th, 2012, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 29th, 2012, 3:36 pm #2

Hope everyone is having a peaceful Sunday!

Gonna try a ribs in the oven recipe from a friend.
DH still taking it easy with bum shoulder -we got to dr tomorrow followup
DS#1 going to fix his brakes under supervision of DH however I will
have to time the pain medication correctly so he doesn't give DS loopy instructions!

Oh did enjoy watching the police k-9 certification exercises friday. Many units
from Canada so thought of you Kim! Ontario said on one of their license plates but
what part I didn't catch-nice graphics on vehicle with maple leaf!
dogs were sheppards of various colors and they had several obstacles such as crawling under, jumping thru window and over hurdles, etc. Only saw one who had trouble going up the ladder-slowly rung by rung, all the other dogs flew up.

July 29th, 2012, 4:47 pm #3

I have had breakfast and read the newspaper and ads. Clipped a few coupons. Next is to start some laundry.I have enough quarters to do about three loads which is about what I have.

Gotta organize better, but that is an ongoing project. I wish that I had the money to hire someone to do it for me.

2catsmom

July 29th, 2012, 6:43 pm #4

Where are you guys? LOL I hardly have anything worth reading, but I like to read what you guys have going on.

Today I've done a bit of gardening, dh is mowing, and later plan to go see a frail uncle that's not doing well. Who knows after that. Yesterday we spent 5 hrs in the sun at an auction, all dh bought was a metal cabinet for $27. Bil bought a box blade. Had fun though!

because one of the neighbours was doing a midnight move with a small overwhelmed child. I also wasn't very good about food yesterday so I just feel sick-ish today.

July 29th, 2012, 8:34 pm #5

...even though I am a newbie here. This is the biggest weekend of the summer with hundreds of people in town.

I slept really, really long and well last night--best in months. Woke up on the late side and we went to the community breakfast at the park put on by the PTO. Then we found a spot in front of the park for the parade:
--Started with a color guard of veterans, I'd say mostly WW2 and Korea.
--Pickup truck with king and queen sitting on lawn chairs in the back.
--Mayor in a convertible borrowed from the pharmacist in the town 20 miles away.
--Float from the Baptist church: Wizard of Oz, followed by kids in Oz costumes throwing candy with Bible verses attached.
--Marching unit from TOPS club wearing matching tie-dyed T-shirts.
--Guy in a chicken costume riding in the back of a pickup with his two little foo-foo dogs.
--'69 Dodge Charger painted like the General Lee.
--Four old cars in various states of disrepair, including a 1940 Chevrolet business coupe like the one DH's parents had when he was a little boy..
--Four clowns.
--Two fancy-dan fire trucks from the St. Maries Volunteer Fire Department, which services this area.
--One 1948 fire truck from the East Side Co-op Fire District from north of town.
--Two ambulances from the Harrison volunteer EMTs.
--Sheriff's SUV trailering two Wave Runners with cop lights on them (they patrol the lake).

The parade was 1-1/2 blocks long, lasted 20 minutes, and was a huge hit! I was surprised it didn't include the snowplow, which is a 4WD pickup with a load of gravel in the back.

We went to the Baptist church service after the parade and walked home. The EMTs are barbecuing hamburgers in the park all after noon. After the barbecue, I'm going to hit the yard sale at the museum and then we're going to give boating another try--having problems with the idle, so keep your fingers crossed. For those of you coveting your neighbor's boat, don't forget that it's just a hole in the water that you throw money into.

We are coming home in the morning.
Last edited by MaxineS on July 29th, 2012, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 30th, 2012, 2:32 am #6

I slept til 1pm, I was worn out from taking Drake to visit my parents yesterday. I planned on making spaghetti sauce and chicken 'n rice today so I wouldn't have too cook the next few days but then ended up watching my granddaughter this afternoon so I didn't get much cooking done. I browned the ground beef and will toss the spaghetti sauce in the crockpot in the morning. I can ask son-in-law to cook the chicken 'n rice Tuesday or put it in the crockpot. Other than that all I really accomplished was a few roads of laundry.