Frugal activity Day 5

Frugal activity Day 5

December 5th, 2011, 3:34 pm #1

Today I am going to use what I have instead of buy the things I'm out of. I have a medication run coming up anyway.

December 5th, 2011, 3:56 pm #2

I had to buy a box of tissues( £1.70) - DH is using a lot at the moment with a cold.
Have done nothing else other than pack ebay stuff ( everyone paid really quickly)
Also ran DH to the station to catch the train for a hospital appointment - it gave me a break from the brown paper and sticky tape
No idea what dinner will be - or even when it will be

December 5th, 2011, 4:24 pm #3

Today I am going to use what I have instead of buy the things I'm out of. I have a medication run coming up anyway.
...is actually mostly a report from Sunday.

Ate all meals at home. Spent $3.18 (including sales tax) for a latte, after forgetting this was LIVE CHEAP MONTH and making a date with a friend. (Hopefully, forgetting is a mistake I won't make again). We knitted--she is an ace knitter and determined to get me all the way through a project (other than dishcloths, LOL). She copied a vest pattern for me, and I already have the yarn and needles. Last night, at Starbucks, I knitted the test piece to determine what size needles to use (I'm a loose knitter).

I also cut the pattern pieces out of the tissue for the pajamas I am making DD for Christmas. I hate that job! And I pre-shrunk the fabric. I plan to iron the material and cut out the pattern this morning--not sure if I will get started sewing or not. All of the fabric was gifted to me at different times and I bought the pattern for .99 about 3-4 months ago. The thread, of course, will come from my stash--and I'll try not to be too OCD about it! (At least it's black, LOL).

December 5th, 2011, 6:09 pm #4

so i don't want to talk about frugal today. probably not tomorrow either.
LOL

Myra in West Texas

December 5th, 2011, 6:24 pm #5

nt

December 5th, 2011, 7:09 pm #6

My homemade yogurt was a success. I used some in a smoothie this morning for breakfast and the rest is in the frig. Turkey purchased at Aldi's to go in the oven soon.

My daycare baby was sick today. Hope it is just a fluke. DH is printing more flyers today for me to post. I am thinking positively that i'll pick up at least a part time child this week. I listed multiple items on craiglist and have a lead on one already.

I crafted a doll bed for DD today using materials I had on hand. It has a shiny purple bedskirt, mattress,pillow, sheet, pillow case and blanket. The whole project took 2 hours and I so enjoyed making it. It really got my creative juices flowing. I foresee a night stand in the near future. I also found some free American girl patterns on line. DH is bringing the doll home from his office tonight so I can do some measurements etc. I think I am enjoying this doll more than DD ever will. Looking for ideas on accessories for the doll. I have some cardstock to make books. Does anyone have other ideas?

December 5th, 2011, 7:27 pm #7

We want to see pictures of the doll bed you made! It sounds wonderful!!

December 5th, 2011, 7:42 pm #8

nt
sold it to a young couple who really needed a car. but I hear it has issues and they are not fixing them so best of luck to them keeping it running.

John bought a 92 Buick LeSabre for 1900, only had 65000 miles on it and belonged to the parents of the guy who owns the auto shop we like to use. great condition. so if I really need something he now has wheels (was without for a good month while he looked for a car, as his needed just over two grand worth of repair. he's better off with this one!)

hope it won't take them long to fix mine but it mostly depends on if the part is in stock or not.

Myra in West Texas

December 5th, 2011, 8:01 pm #9

My homemade yogurt was a success. I used some in a smoothie this morning for breakfast and the rest is in the frig. Turkey purchased at Aldi's to go in the oven soon.

My daycare baby was sick today. Hope it is just a fluke. DH is printing more flyers today for me to post. I am thinking positively that i'll pick up at least a part time child this week. I listed multiple items on craiglist and have a lead on one already.

I crafted a doll bed for DD today using materials I had on hand. It has a shiny purple bedskirt, mattress,pillow, sheet, pillow case and blanket. The whole project took 2 hours and I so enjoyed making it. It really got my creative juices flowing. I foresee a night stand in the near future. I also found some free American girl patterns on line. DH is bringing the doll home from his office tonight so I can do some measurements etc. I think I am enjoying this doll more than DD ever will. Looking for ideas on accessories for the doll. I have some cardstock to make books. Does anyone have other ideas?
Do your daycare kids have to pay when they are sick?

December 5th, 2011, 8:05 pm #10

This is from Saturday/Sunday. I've been trying to build more fires to save money on heat. I went out on the deck Saturday night to get wood for the fire and I didn't latch the patio door all the way. I woke up on Sunday to the door open and a very cold room. It was single digits that night. My bedroom didn't get that cold so I didn't realize it when I was sleeping. We have a log wall between our bedroom and the Great Room, so the cold didn't seep in at all.

As penance, I turned the heat down. LOL!

On Saturday we went out back and cut down a Christmas tree, so that was frugal. I've been picking up toys at the thrift store for the kids, so it should be a pretty frugal Christmas.