Frugal Activities

Frugal Activities

March 14th, 2011, 9:54 pm #1

I've been enjoying a few things lately. I was thinking about how they are frugal and fun, which is a great combo.

I've been canning jam the last two weekends with fruit in the freezer from last year. This effort will produce not only stuff for us but some to share with friends.

I've been crocheting with yarn that was give to me. This one is fun and free.

I've read a few new books thanks to the library. Also seen a couple of movies that I didn't mind watching but glad I didn't spend any money on.

I've been cooking and trying some new recipes using what I already have. This has been great because I buy the basics and that makes it easy to find recipes. I think I'm at a good place in my grocery shopping. I found out that good flour is a must because I could tell the difference in how my baked good turned out.

We were able to attend two events because friends shared some tickets they had won.

I do enjoy the frugal life. Which I guess is a good thing, since it looks like its here to stay.LOL

What frugal activities have you been enjoying?

Last edited by sameoleCCTX on March 14th, 2011, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 14th, 2011, 10:29 pm #2

Though not totally inexpensive since we moved to a new house this year and had to start from scratch... but overall, if I consider the expenses of garden set-up capitalized over several years.... My hubby and I have been doing this together...and it's fun! He put a light in my garden area last night and there we were on our hands and knees, mixing our "mel's mix" (square foot gardening) with our hands and arms...having a good ol'e time...

Also...he's suddenly become interested in a little cooking and salsa making...so he's been in the kitchen with me and that's new and fun.

Board games. Love them.

Card making....

Using our gym membership!

March 14th, 2011, 10:45 pm #3

I've been enjoying a few things lately. I was thinking about how they are frugal and fun, which is a great combo.

I've been canning jam the last two weekends with fruit in the freezer from last year. This effort will produce not only stuff for us but some to share with friends.

I've read a few new books thanks to the library. Also seen a couple of movies that I didn't mind watching but glad I didn't spend any money on.

I've been cooking and trying some new recipes using what I already have. This has been great because I buy the basics and that makes it easy to find recipes. I think I'm at a good place in my grocery shopping. I found out that good flour is a must because I could tell the difference in how my baked good turned out.

We were able to attend two events because friends shared some tickets they had won.

I do enjoy the frugal life. Which I guess is a good thing, since it looks like its here to stay.LOL

Dh and I have both been trying new recipes, using the ingredients we have on hand. Tonight we're having homemade pizza. What do you have in your frig to put on a pizza? We can get pretty creative. We're doing roasted garlic, sweet italian sausage, and roma tomato slices tonight, with smoked provolone cheese, or feta cheese.

I forsee a artichoke pizza coming soon, we've got a jar of marinaded artichokes that have been in the cabinet for too long.

glendaMO

March 15th, 2011, 5:05 am #4

Just got back from Special Olympics state games and a short trip to Boise. We stayed with my cousin Mike and ate there, so it was basically the cost of gas...and it was only an extra half-tank.

Last night, at his house, we watched a DVD of his family's home movies that his brother transferred from 8 mm. They were from 1944-63. There was footage taken of the brothers and sisters before my grandfather's funeral in 1953, and I saw my dad! (We knew what it was because still pictures were taken at the same time, and we had them--but there he was in living, moving color!). He's going to have his brother make copies for all of the cousins. All of our parents are gone now.