For Those Who Were Depressed about the Blogger's Houses Being Perfect

For Those Who Were Depressed about the Blogger's Houses Being Perfect

December 13th, 2010, 6:59 pm #1

I thought of you when I saw this one. You know they clean just the area they are photographing and behind the scenes it is a mess, don't you? Well, at least some of them.

Oops! I forgot the URL. http://megduerksen.typepad.com/whatever ... -know.html
Last edited by Linda_OH on December 13th, 2010, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 13th, 2010, 10:43 pm #2

Now there's a brave woman.

December 13th, 2010, 11:46 pm #3

I thought of you when I saw this one. You know they clean just the area they are photographing and behind the scenes it is a mess, don't you? Well, at least some of them.

Even messy, her house looks better than mine.

------
Well, I can't believe the stuff that is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and I can't believe that both I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and the stuff that I can't believe is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter are both, in fact, not butter. - Alice

December 14th, 2010, 2:37 am #4

That is what I thought, too! I told one of my boys that they could film Hoarders in here... he replied "WE have PATHS" Well... as long as there are paths that makes everything okay, I guess. We took a truck load of stuff to recycling and Value village so that helped a little.

December 14th, 2010, 3:13 am #5

I was unloading a table & chairs that I bought on craigs list. I know, I know. Stupid to bring in more stuff when I already have such a mess. But I need the table top. After the trash runs tomorrow, I'm putting the chairs out there and running a free ad on craigslist. I have paths too, and I search forever for anything right now. I had a free box out by the driveway and spent the evening culling through a stack of magazines, took them out there, and someone took the box as well as everything in it. So now I need a new box.

------
Well, I can't believe the stuff that is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and I can't believe that both I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and the stuff that I can't believe is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter are both, in fact, not butter. - Alice

December 14th, 2010, 4:19 am #6

You don't all live in messes. You don't have trails through the crap. Too much stuff...yes, if you say so. Maybe your house is just slightly messy. Maybe there's a room that's terrible. But I'm a lousy housekeeper and the only one of my rooms that even approaches the pictures is my office. (The pictures, I'll bet, probably weren't taken on the same day). At my home, there is stuff out that needs put away (we are terrible about that, and why is it so much harder?), and the whole place needs dusting and vacuuming...but I'm willing to bet ALL of your houses look better than mine. And it doesn't look ANYTHING like those pictures. Well, maybe my bedroom.....

December 14th, 2010, 4:22 pm #7

I can't stand the house to be a mess. It drives me absolutely batsh**. My kitchen is usually clean every night and the house reasonably picked up. It also cycles around my hormones - clean for a couple of weeks and some stuff lying around for a couple. On a bad week the laundry is sorted into piles in the family room for several days before I get it done, the bathrooms are dirty, and there's some clutter lying around. So it never approaches the blogger's photos. BUT, dh and ds are also reasonably neat so that makes a big difference. Growing up, the house was usually reasonably tidy, and dh's was a wreck. He's reformed in the 17 years we've been together.

December 14th, 2010, 4:36 pm #8

my dh leaves piles. lots of them, that i'm not "allowed" to touch, "i'll get to it". on the occasian when it drives me batty - i get a box and toss all the piles togehter and leave it in place of his pillow. it'll take him at least a week to get to the box.

and then he barks when me or the kids leave stuff lay about.

neither one of us was raised that way.

December 14th, 2010, 5:14 pm #9

of my messes, but then decided that they may be depressingly neat so I won't post them. Especially since I thoroughly cleaned the kitchen yesterday in solidarity with Kim, and then tidied up a few rooms this morning before getting online. Of course, I'm also a sahm with ds in school, so I have a lot of time on my hands.

December 14th, 2010, 5:57 pm #10

funny thing- in my daughters room, I have the same pink hearts comforter cover from IKEA, and those same exact dots sheets- got those on clearance at Target, wow!!! Too funny!!!