Figure out how to fix anything lately? Cell phone save

Figure out how to fix anything lately? Cell phone save

July 28th, 2011, 1:10 pm #1

This was such a simple fix but the reason ds cell phone wasn't working was that the sim card under the battery wasn't pushed in all the way! I had thought of reinserting the battery but didn't come upon the sim card idea until I prayed and stumbled upon it after reading pages of tracfone forum postings...

Have you fixed anything lately?

July 28th, 2011, 1:26 pm #2

Fluorescent light fixture at rental is completely out. Tenants never mentioned it, but I haven't returned their deposit yet. Took it apart and it MIGHT just need new lights, but possibly a ballast. We have everything we need here--we'll start with just replacing the bulbs when we are there next, and move on to the ballast if that doesn't work. DH does not like fluorescents so this has not/will not be his finest moment. Lots of bitching, LOL.

July 28th, 2011, 8:34 pm #3

So from your comment about the deposit, if there is a bad ballast would you take it out of the deposit?

The kitchen in the rental I'm in has them. I've replaced two of the three bulbs twice now, and they are still acting up. I don't mind replacing some bulbs on my own $$, but I'm not doing ballast (I prefer to avoid messing with wires when possible). So when I move out there will likely be one set of inop bulbs.

July 28th, 2011, 9:54 pm #4

This was such a simple fix but the reason ds cell phone wasn't working was that the sim card under the battery wasn't pushed in all the way! I had thought of reinserting the battery but didn't come upon the sim card idea until I prayed and stumbled upon it after reading pages of tracfone forum postings...

The garage door will open & close from the garage control but not either of the remotes. The only thing we've thought of is to take the opener apart and see if the remote eye is dirty or something.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

July 28th, 2011, 10:21 pm #5

So from your comment about the deposit, if there is a bad ballast would you take it out of the deposit?

The kitchen in the rental I'm in has them. I've replaced two of the three bulbs twice now, and they are still acting up. I don't mind replacing some bulbs on my own $$, but I'm not doing ballast (I prefer to avoid messing with wires when possible). So when I move out there will likely be one set of inop bulbs.
No charge for ballast or bulbs, but I'll charge them if the fixture is inoperable. It was almost new when they moved in and working perfectly.

July 28th, 2011, 10:23 pm #6

The garage door will open & close from the garage control but not either of the remotes. The only thing we've thought of is to take the opener apart and see if the remote eye is dirty or something.

------
nt

July 29th, 2011, 6:54 pm #7

------
If it is not the batteries. I have had to redo mine before. It should
tell you in your book. I remember pushing the remote while pushing
something on the unit. lol I wasn't hard at all but I did have to
get the ladder out!

July 29th, 2011, 9:00 pm #8

Sometimes it will start going up and then just stop. That's with both remotes.

I don't think it could be the batteries because the other door works fine, and it's both remotes.

------

July 29th, 2011, 11:26 pm #9

a breaker was flipped after the storm, and the TV no longer has sound. So I chatted online with the manufacturer, asking if could be a 'blown fuse' or soemthing like that and basically got told i have to take it to a service place. I dont want to spend 100s to fix it. Not sure what i will do now. I have taken apart video games and fixed them before adn a vcr but not sure if I can tackle the tv w/o knowing what is what. Anyone have any suggestions?

Faith, Hope and Love, the greatest of these is LOVE.
Tracy
Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet. ~ Bob Marley

July 29th, 2011, 11:29 pm #10

that i thought was surge protector... doesn't seem to have worked?

Faith, Hope and Love, the greatest of these is LOVE.
Tracy
Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet. ~ Bob Marley