DS9 is in Germany

DS9 is in Germany

June 27th, 2011, 4:35 pm #1

I was a nervous wreck all last week. Add to that that i had the week off and DIDN'T even touch the project i was intending to finish last week....

His stupid cat didn't have the decency to die before he left. I'll be checking shortly for a vet with evening hours to have the poor thing put down. Poor kid.

He comes home the 9th. DD 10.999999 has a sleepover the 15th. the house is a disaster.

I did manage 5 dentist visits for me and the boys, and loading, unloading about 2 cubic yards of dirt/compost for the new garden. (yes we plant very late!) but otherwise feel the week off was a waste!

I know i work best under pressure, so hopefully i'll get more done this week since i've got almost no time to do it! (and things at home are SO much easier without dd and ds at each other's throats all day long! - she tries to start her instigating with the 4.9999999 year old, but his bite is worse than his bark and she's learning that the hard way LOL! i love parenting!

June 27th, 2011, 10:34 pm #2

Either way, I can see why you would worry. Funny about your dd learning about brother's bite. And bummer about the cat, but it's probably going to be much easier on everyone with your son gone.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

June 28th, 2011, 3:42 pm #3

Never even occurred to me that the # might be something other than age! LOL!

I cannot BELEIVE how calm our household was last night! It's the same way if he's there and she's gone, so i know that it's not one kid or the other, it's the combination of THOSE two.

I finally understand what my mother meant by "I'll knock your heads together"!!

June 28th, 2011, 5:22 pm #4

but I always called my girls dd#1 & dd#2 so I just wondered.

------

June 29th, 2011, 1:36 am #5

I was a nervous wreck all last week. Add to that that i had the week off and DIDN'T even touch the project i was intending to finish last week....

His stupid cat didn't have the decency to die before he left. I'll be checking shortly for a vet with evening hours to have the poor thing put down. Poor kid.

He comes home the 9th. DD 10.999999 has a sleepover the 15th. the house is a disaster.

I did manage 5 dentist visits for me and the boys, and loading, unloading about 2 cubic yards of dirt/compost for the new garden. (yes we plant very late!) but otherwise feel the week off was a waste!

I know i work best under pressure, so hopefully i'll get more done this week since i've got almost no time to do it! (and things at home are SO much easier without dd and ds at each other's throats all day long! - she tries to start her instigating with the 4.9999999 year old, but his bite is worse than his bark and she's learning that the hard way LOL! i love parenting!
WHY is your 9 year old in Germany??

June 29th, 2011, 2:49 am #6

But thought one nosy question was enough for me.

Let's see. Did he stowaway on a plane? Mission trip? Trip with grandparents? I'm betting the last.

------
Last edited by TxNet on June 29th, 2011, 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

June 29th, 2011, 9:48 am #7

I remember Christine talking about this in another post. She has a sister who takes her kids to Germany with her the year that they turn 9--or something like that. Close, Christine?

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers

June 29th, 2011, 12:44 pm #8

LOL!! WOW GIRL!! That is some memory you have!!

Yes, my single sister takes a kid to Germany the year they are/turn 9. My other sister and I apparently timed our kids right - so that it's every two years.

My mom went along this time too, since She and dad used to go every 2 or 3 years, I hope it's not too depressing of a trip, visiting with family the first time since he died.
Last edited by stina716 on June 30th, 2011, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 29th, 2011, 1:20 pm #9

Didn't want to start a debate.

One of the wqater aerobics teachers at my gym is chaperoning a trip (he is a middle school teacher). They leave Friday. It is him and 3 other teachers, and they are taking 44 middle school kids to England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales for 19 days. All I will say is that those kids better be glad I'm not their mother, LOL!
LisaCNC

June 29th, 2011, 1:26 pm #10

LOL!! WOW GIRL!! That is some memory you have!!

Yes, my single sister takes a kid to Germany the year they are/turn 9. My other sister and I apparently timed our kids right - so that it's every two years.

My mom went along this time too, since She and dad used to go every 2 or 3 years, I hope it's not too depressing of a trip, visiting with family the first time since he died.
Really! You did! I remember it because I don't have any siblings, so the thought of someone doing that for my children really struck me as another thing I'm missing by not having sibs. I think it is awesome that she does this for your kids!

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers