Does anyone get Pinteres??

Does anyone get Pinteres??

July 28th, 2012, 4:26 pm #1

I like the pictures but don't really get the site.

July 28th, 2012, 4:38 pm #2

I've looked at it a time or two, but don't really understand it's purpose except that it's a way to save photos that doesn't violate copyright law.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

July 28th, 2012, 5:02 pm #3

July 28th, 2012, 5:32 pm #4

It's more than just photo's. I think of it like my favorites bar on my computer. It's a place to keep all the things you want to look back at. you click the picture and it takes you to the website for the recipe etc. You can organize your pins in different categories for DIY, Recipes, Places you want to travel, books I love, and on and on. Also it's fun to look at other people's pins to get ideas and to follow your friends and see what they are pinning.
I think you have to get a invite from someone else on Pinterest or you did when I signed up. I can send someone an invite if you want to join.
Jaime

July 28th, 2012, 5:42 pm #5

go back and visit and you use pictures to do it.... I don't think it violates copyrights because the original site stays connected to it, so when you click on the pictures it takes you back to the site you found it on.. I use it for photography/photoshop tutorials I want to save... or more recently recipes for our diet... One teacher I know pins craft ideas she can use in class... IN a nut shell its a fancy way to bookmark things that interest you:>

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

July 28th, 2012, 6:51 pm #6

http://ddkportraits.com/2012/02/why-i-t ... on-boards/

This is an article by a lawyer about it.

If you wander around craft blogs and sites you'll see that they are either pin me sites or don't pin me. It is a good idea to respect the wishes of 'don't pin me' people.

July 29th, 2012, 2:24 am #7

I opened a Pinterest account. I'll have to see if I pinned anything. I have one photograph I find pinned by others quite a bit. I found out when someone did click on it and come back to my blog and the tracking software referenced the source. It was right after that that I started watermarking most of my photos.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

July 29th, 2012, 4:13 am #8

the pinning and re-pinning so that the original person isn't getting credit for their idea. I've read several people talking about having their things pinned and people misusing their ideas or pictures. OR not giving credit so it seems like they are original ideas.

Some people don't care. It's fun to share! I can see why you would be concerned about pictures of your kids or original ideas that you are making money from, though. The watermark at least prevents people from printing your picture and selling it as their own- which apparently has also been an issue.

July 29th, 2012, 8:22 am #9

I think I should spend more time on the site to get the full jest of it or what it can mean to me. I have email telling me I have followers and I have posted nothing.

July 29th, 2012, 1:43 pm #10

I've gotten so many ideas and learned alot from different websites. I don't pin, but enjoy looking at it!