Do any of the rooms in your house have you paralyzed with fear?

Do any of the rooms in your house have you paralyzed with fear?

August 7th, 2012, 6:00 pm #1

Mine is DD's bedroom. Think 6-year-old. I HAVE to clean it today. I am doing little bits at a time because, honestly, it makes me claustrophobic. The room is small and not well designed. I did about 15 minutes and I'm still paralyzed. I got a load of her clothes in the washer and have picked up still more. I got her shoes put away and have cleaned up most of the floor of her closet. Her closet is too small, even with bins for out of season clothes. Unfortunately, I am going to have to clean her closet and her drawers in order to have places to put things.

By fall, I am going to move her downstairs, even though she doesn't want to go. The room is bigger and, most importantly, the closet is bigger and all along one wall.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Wish me luck. Or, better yet, join me on the room you fear most.

August 7th, 2012, 7:50 pm #2

"shudder".....I just don't know what to do with all that stuff.

August 7th, 2012, 7:54 pm #3

Mine is DD's bedroom. Think 6-year-old. I HAVE to clean it today. I am doing little bits at a time because, honestly, it makes me claustrophobic. The room is small and not well designed. I did about 15 minutes and I'm still paralyzed. I got a load of her clothes in the washer and have picked up still more. I got her shoes put away and have cleaned up most of the floor of her closet. Her closet is too small, even with bins for out of season clothes. Unfortunately, I am going to have to clean her closet and her drawers in order to have places to put things.

By fall, I am going to move her downstairs, even though she doesn't want to go. The room is bigger and, most importantly, the closet is bigger and all along one wall.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Wish me luck. Or, better yet, join me on the room you fear most.
I have patches of junk piles is several rooms! My bedroom has a corner of clutter, the garage has patches of clutter and the office is also the playroom, well actually it is pretty scary!! But I hardly ever go back there, so as long as dh can still get in there to pay bills and the kids can play with the toys in there, its not on my priority list!!

August 7th, 2012, 8:02 pm #4

Most of the rooms in my house are a disaster right now. I am taking a break. I just got back from bringing most of the daycare toys/supplies from dining room to my daughter's house. I have 2 book shelves, a very large kitchen toy and a school table to bring to her house.

I am going to take down the things on the wall and prepare the walls for paint. For the first time in over 20 years I am going to have a real dining room with NO toys!

The 4 rooms on the 2nd floor are a mess and each at different stages of cleaning/decluttering. I want all the crap out of my life and house.

My goals:
To have all the rooms organized and cleaned by the end of August.
My mother's house is going to be DONE by the end of August because I am not doing any more work there after that (lots of little things to do, trim in the living room & kitchen, paint kitchen& laundry, install new kitchen cabinets and new countertops and new floor put in. Outside we have to put wood trim around all the new windows). My sister is supposed to clean up everything outside in the yard, but she has yet to do a thing and I refuse to do it, so my Mom might not get an excellent price on the house if the yard is stays the way it is.

August 7th, 2012, 8:17 pm #5

aka - upstairs but for dd's room that she cleaned so she could have her sleepover. though her dresser tops are overflowing.

continued prayers are appreciated for the HELOC and enough cash to also do the roof so we have use of the attic again - that would instantly clear up the hallway, my bedroom and half the sunroom! (as well as a corner of the dining room and foyer.

August 7th, 2012, 8:20 pm #6

I'm nearly done the purging stage... (yay?) and have to put everything away now... But I got sidetracked by a nap and Mishka the talking dog on You Tube.

August 7th, 2012, 8:49 pm #7

Since we just moved and almost everything is put away, the house is pretty good for the most part. However, there is just way too much stuff in the basement. Even though 75% of it is off the floor and on shelving I worry about what it would be like down there if we had a water or sewage issue. I've been donating a lot to Goodwill and have a mental list of things to list on ebay in October and November. I wouldn't say paralyzed with fear though because it's getting dealt with, albeit slowly.

August 8th, 2012, 1:01 am #8

we have been working on the garage, but Dds room and Ds room are pretty bad with Dds being the worst becuase she is a 6 year old hoarder in training...

August 8th, 2012, 1:28 am #9

You're talking cleaning, right? My house is such a disaster that cleaning is pert near impossible. I no longer even get embarrassed when someone comes in. The foundation guy was all over the house Saturday, and the inspector came today. I hope they've seen worse. The foundation guy said the house he was in before ours really was a hoarder house.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

August 8th, 2012, 5:24 am #10

It took about 3 hours, but I got the room 95% PUPA'd. It was really hard for me--I'd work for awhile, stop for awhile, work for awhile, etc. Usually I would stop when I was flummoxed about what to do next. I did NOT clean, and it's bad. The 5% left to do is stuff I had no idea what to do with it. I'm hoping some ideas will come to me before tomorrow. Otherwise...I'll put it all in a box and shove it under the bed, LOL. BTW, I did NOT find the charger for the iPod, and believe me, I looked.

My room needs cleaning, too, but I should be able to do it in 20-30 minutes. And it is pretty clean underneath...which DD's was not.