Did you ever wake up and just KNOW it's gonna be a Struggle Day?

Did you ever wake up and just KNOW it's gonna be a Struggle Day?

June 15th, 2012, 11:48 am #1

I can feel it. I have not done anything other than the farm chores this morning. I am going to pat myself on the back for that, force something healthy down my throat, and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Today I wish I had my meds. Today I wish I didn't have to work. Today I just want to go lie out in the sun or float in the pool or do anything other than Be Responsible.

Today is gonna suck. But I am aware of it upfront, so it will be less sucky than a sucky day that sneaks up on me. So I guess I'll just cling to that and be thankful that there is always tomorrow.

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers

June 15th, 2012, 12:32 pm #2

And when they hit... I do what I have to do, try not to be too hard on myself for not doing everything I THINK I should...one of my Mantras is "This to shall pass" and there are days I say it continually;> I hope your day improves and is not nearly as sucky as you think it might be... Hugs to you:>

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

June 15th, 2012, 1:00 pm #3

I can feel it. I have not done anything other than the farm chores this morning. I am going to pat myself on the back for that, force something healthy down my throat, and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Today I wish I had my meds. Today I wish I didn't have to work. Today I just want to go lie out in the sun or float in the pool or do anything other than Be Responsible.

Today is gonna suck. But I am aware of it upfront, so it will be less sucky than a sucky day that sneaks up on me. So I guess I'll just cling to that and be thankful that there is always tomorrow.

Blessings,

Bethann

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers
On those kind of days I have taught myself to just do the bare minimum I need to so I can make it through work. It doesn't always work and I want to crawl under a rock. Nothing seems to make it better (so I won't say, 'hope it gets better' ).I notice those days seem to drag and take longer for the day to pass.

June 15th, 2012, 4:09 pm #4

Blessings,

Bethann

and again today. I have a couple nights at home, now, and then should help. Then I work one night and the client goes to camp so I have 6 nights off.

Then it is back to regular life and busy-ness of moving her and setting up a new group home. :-|

June 15th, 2012, 9:02 pm #5

Blessings,

Bethann

Today could have easily shaped up to be one of those. It was hard to put myself in the right mindset and stay there. BA, you and I share the same faith, so you'll understand this. I spent 10 minutes praying before I stepped out of my car and went into my office today. It helped.

June 15th, 2012, 11:17 pm #6

Blessings,

Bethann

but I lost work hours. One of my clients was terribly ill. She didn't cancel because of the court order, so I did not stay long at all. I went to Subway and bought a $5.50 footlong and ate THE WHOLE THING (stupid! but yummy! and healthy except for all that gluten). Then I went home, put on my swim suit, took my bed pillow and a blanket outside and laid out on the deck and took a short power nap. Then I got in the pool and vacuumed the whole thing. And then I swam two laps.

And then, for my next client appointment, I cut that appointment short. But seriously, there was nothing else to do with her today, so we really were done.

I'm going to make a couple of calls tonight to schedule a couple of appointments for tomorrow. I don't have my minimum hours in for this week. But today...I was DONE....

Getting ready to take the grands in the pool. mommy is coming too, so I get to just enjoy them, no pressure.

Blessings,

Bethann