Decluttering thread

Decluttering thread

June 28th, 2012, 4:52 pm #1

The last one is on the second page, and since decluttering is a never-ending chore for many of us, it's time to start a new thread.

I mentioned in another thread that my house is about 80% clean. A lot of trash has left this house in the last 3 weeks! The big trash can on wheels has gone out full every time. Also, the woman I hired to come in once a week to help clean mentioned yesterday that her mom was having a yard sale this weekend and it was looking a little "thin." I promptly gave her my donation box--contents, box and all!

Also, DS is donating his sofa tonight--just called and got his dad to loan him the truck (and a strong back). This helps with my decluttering since he is moving HERE for a few months, and that's one less big thing for me to deal with.

June 28th, 2012, 5:02 pm #2

I decluttered some toys, adult clothing, and the step I made for Autumn to jump onto the bed. The dogs no longer sleep with us so out it went. I also have a bag of stuff to go to my step daughter next time she comes over.

June 28th, 2012, 5:44 pm #3

The last one is on the second page, and since decluttering is a never-ending chore for many of us, it's time to start a new thread.

I mentioned in another thread that my house is about 80% clean. A lot of trash has left this house in the last 3 weeks! The big trash can on wheels has gone out full every time. Also, the woman I hired to come in once a week to help clean mentioned yesterday that her mom was having a yard sale this weekend and it was looking a little "thin." I promptly gave her my donation box--contents, box and all!

Also, DS is donating his sofa tonight--just called and got his dad to loan him the truck (and a strong back). This helps with my decluttering since he is moving HERE for a few months, and that's one less big thing for me to deal with.
I have not even brought back into the house the laundry basket full of stuff the consignement shop lady did not take.... I have an e-mail out to one friend asking if she wants some plates and some size 14 shorts for her son and an e-mail to another friend regarding 6 or 7 pairs of 12H shorts- if she wants those... any anything else is going OUT! That's why I did not even bring them in he house..... Why haul 'em back up here if I want them out!!!

June 28th, 2012, 8:04 pm #4

I decluttered some toys, adult clothing, and the step I made for Autumn to jump onto the bed. The dogs no longer sleep with us so out it went. I also have a bag of stuff to go to my step daughter next time she comes over.
I thought it said you donated some adult toys, LOL!
LisaCNC

June 28th, 2012, 8:50 pm #5

why do I have so many sheets? it doesn't make sense to just store them. The magazines are gone, the bookshelves are getting much thinner and tidyier. Next up is the kitchen and the gadgets I just don't use anymore.

June 28th, 2012, 8:53 pm #6

I thought it said you donated some adult toys, LOL!
Nope! But thanks for the laugh!

June 29th, 2012, 10:53 am #7

why do I have so many sheets? it doesn't make sense to just store them. The magazines are gone, the bookshelves are getting much thinner and tidyier. Next up is the kitchen and the gadgets I just don't use anymore.
I already wrote it on the schedule for tomorrow. I think there is another can of bug spray in there... I keep bins of toiletries in there as well as towells and some blankets... I really need more bug spray for kids for camp...

June 29th, 2012, 3:42 pm #8

I will be going to town for groceries in a couple more hours. I am going to take something to Goodwill. I don't know what yet, but I'm taking something! I am planning to throw out or donate something every day until it's all in order. That's my plan! I go right by the Goodwill store almost every day, and my garbage can is just right outside the house, so I don't need to pile up a great big pile of crap or donations. I can declutter and throw out or donate as I go. I'll let you know how it goes!

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33

June 30th, 2012, 2:44 am #9

The rest of my life might be going to heck in a handbasket but today I got rid of

1 set of queen sheets
a big bag of boys clothing
4 sets of 14 shorts
Some shirts
Some dishes
A french fry slicer

And I still have another bag to go to goodwill!!!

June 30th, 2012, 1:01 pm #10

I am slowly going through the entire house again. My sister is having a yard sale in 2 weeks so I will probably just give her things- this is easier than shlepping things to the thrift store 20 miles away. Yesterday I hit deep cleaned my bedroom and laundry room. I cleaned off the shelves about the washer and dryer and put everything in its place - looks so much better.