Decluttering???

Decluttering???

November 7th, 2011, 11:42 pm #1

Anyone else decluttering? My master maintenance list has resulted in a lot of decluttering! Today I cleaned up the recycling area in the garage and took it all to the transfer center. I also came up with a donation to the Idaho Youth Ranch thrift store that I valued at $170. And I filled the garbage can with trash--good thing it will be picked up tomorrow!

This feels GOOD! Anyone care to join me? I have lots more to do. Maybe 5 a day if you don't have any massive cleaning/decluttering staring you in the face?

Also, a tip: if you want to have your carpets cleaned before the holidays, make an appointment now! (I'm having mine cleaned on the Monday before Thanksgiving--that's only TWO WEEKS away!).

November 8th, 2011, 8:11 pm #2

Ran 2 bags and a framed picture to goodwill today and another bag to a friend! Not a lot, but it's something!!!! I am still working at this and have pretty much given up that it will never be done... as long as you have kids at home, especially young enough ones to play with toys- you are always gonna be clearing out outgrown clothing, toys, et cetera..... Plus my own stuff....

November 8th, 2011, 10:03 pm #3

Anyone else decluttering? My master maintenance list has resulted in a lot of decluttering! Today I cleaned up the recycling area in the garage and took it all to the transfer center. I also came up with a donation to the Idaho Youth Ranch thrift store that I valued at $170. And I filled the garbage can with trash--good thing it will be picked up tomorrow!

This feels GOOD! Anyone care to join me? I have lots more to do. Maybe 5 a day if you don't have any massive cleaning/decluttering staring you in the face?

Also, a tip: if you want to have your carpets cleaned before the holidays, make an appointment now! (I'm having mine cleaned on the Monday before Thanksgiving--that's only TWO WEEKS away!).
I have a few things in a bag to go to the thrift store, plus a ton of plastic grocery bags to go to recycling, all sitting next to my front door. I try to add something each day, I'm up to about 10 items in there right now. Eventually I'll throw the stuff in the car and drop it all off.

November 8th, 2011, 11:27 pm #4

I have Friday off and the plan for the day is to convert the office back into a play room. I will probably have to do some "recluttering" to meet the daycare years but at the same time we are listing items weekly on ebay to accumulate cash. My last day of work is 11/23 and I have a potential daycare family coming this weekend.

November 9th, 2011, 1:38 am #5

2catsmom

November 9th, 2011, 8:00 pm #6

I have Friday off and the plan for the day is to convert the office back into a play room. I will probably have to do some "recluttering" to meet the daycare years but at the same time we are listing items weekly on ebay to accumulate cash. My last day of work is 11/23 and I have a potential daycare family coming this weekend.
And you get double points if you get rid of anything!

Hope all goes well with starting daycare again.

November 9th, 2011, 11:05 pm #7

I took off work tomorrow and Friday just to work on my house and the paperwork/bills for the nursery. I just can't seem to keep up. I have piles everywhere! So, I am going to tackle the piles. I'm hoping to go to the dump with a huge load. And, I hope to have a huge box of things for the church yard sale.

I really didn't enjoy the holidays at all last year. So, I think if I get some of this stuff decluttered and organized I might not be so stressed out.

I'll report back on how much I get rid of.

Tammy

November 14th, 2011, 11:42 am #8

I'm still sorting through all sorts of things. I had about 3-4 boxes of electronic wires, etc, that I've finally wittled down to about 10 items neatly stored in a show box. I'm still working on paperwork, and junk boxes. It's a tedious process, going through little items, but I'm willing to take my time and get it right this time.

I declutted about 5-6 candles during our power outage by using them up. My candle hoarding paid off as my house was well lit with candles at times, lol.

I've also been reading blogs on minimalism, trying to get a better mindset about my house and possessions.

November 15th, 2011, 4:45 am #9

of had enough candles! lol :>

November 15th, 2011, 5:06 am #10

I'm still sorting through all sorts of things. I had about 3-4 boxes of electronic wires, etc, that I've finally wittled down to about 10 items neatly stored in a show box. I'm still working on paperwork, and junk boxes. It's a tedious process, going through little items, but I'm willing to take my time and get it right this time.

I declutted about 5-6 candles during our power outage by using them up. My candle hoarding paid off as my house was well lit with candles at times, lol.

I've also been reading blogs on minimalism, trying to get a better mindset about my house and possessions.
I've got a huge box of them in the attic because dh just won't let any of it go. I've even got chargers that don't seem to go with anything, and I'm missing the car charger for my phone.

------
The road to success is always under construction.