Declutter 35 in next week!

Declutter 35 in next week!

April 26th, 2011, 4:54 pm #1

My goal is to declutter 35 items--an average of 5 a day--over the next week (today--Tuesday--through next Monday). Anyone care to join me??? You get extra credit if you figure out a way to make money off of it.

April 26th, 2011, 5:15 pm #2

I'm traveling for work this week and can't declutter from another state. However, I like the idea of ditching just a few items every day.

April 26th, 2011, 6:03 pm #3

I can't believe that I won't be able to find 70 items in two weeks--especially if you count clothes, and I am. All the too-big, worn-out clothes are GOING.
Last edited by MaxineS on April 26th, 2011, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 26th, 2011, 7:06 pm #4

My goal is to declutter 35 items--an average of 5 a day--over the next week (today--Tuesday--through next Monday). Anyone care to join me??? You get extra credit if you figure out a way to make money off of it.
I will be home and awake a total of about 8 hours in that time frame - but you know what? i get more done in the 45 minutes b/t getting home and leaving for scouts than i do when i've got all evening with nothing on the calander! so COUNT ME IN!

besides - i have SO much crap to get rid of - 35 items should take me 8 minutes!

i WILL make money off it - bc it will go in the Sal Val bin and i always get a receipt for Tax credit.

April 26th, 2011, 8:29 pm #5

I love to declutter. I had 3 days off last week and was able to accomplish much. I cleared out our 8x12 mud room and ended up with 3 garbage cans full - I stall have lots of small areas to hit and want to keep the ball rolling.

April 26th, 2011, 8:34 pm #6

I'm having a garage sale this weekend and after cleaning out ds's closet of outgrown clothing I decluttered over 35 items already. Most of them were purchased for $1 or less at Goodwill and garage sales and they're marked $1 now, so not a profit but getting my money back at least!

April 27th, 2011, 12:55 am #7

Sandy, estimate how many items you are getting rid of.

Here's how we will give credit:
1 item = 1 point
donate for tax deduction = additional 1 point per item
give to someone who NEEDS it = additional 1 point per item
SELL for $$$ = additional 2 points per item

I know this looks like selling is more important than giving to some needy soul...but you know what I mean.

Sandy has probably won already--she's got enough stuff for a garage sale AND she is selling it. But don't be discouraged. Winning isn't everything. Getting rid of clutter...now that's important!

April 27th, 2011, 1:02 am #8

Tuesday: I tested all my batteries and pulled out 4 that were completely dead, and sorted the rest.
I also went through my shoes and pulled out 2 pairs that are just too uncomfortable to wear for very long.

Wednesday: Donated two shirts and a pair of shoes. Decided to take back a pair of new sandals I just bought. Tossed two cans of spaghetti sauce that had been hiding in the bottom of the pantry since 2008.

Thursday: Tossed 10 plastic plant pots, and tossed all the half used bags of fertilizer, ironite, and other garden stuff I'll never use. Dumped all the half used bags of potting soil in a planter.

Friday: Pulled everything out of my pantry that had sweetener, grain or gluten, mixes, oils, and anything processed. I didn't count it, but it filled 4 grocery bags.

Saturday: So far today I have thrown away 4 cans & 5 boxes of expired food, tossed 4 jars of bread crumbs and crushed corn flakes, 2 jars of unidentified dried beans that didn't cook right, and I have a box of about 50 packages of seeds that I am either going to plant or toss since they may be too old to sprout now. I meant to add, that the best thing I did Saturday was NOT go to the neighboring subdivision that was having their annual all neighborhood garage sales.

Sunday: Pulled out a bunch of jars I was saving to put leftovers in (and never did), a bottle of champagne the hospital gave us when dd#2 was born (we decided she should have it now, even with all the floaties in it), and gave 3 cans of mushroom soup and 2 cans of condensed milk to mil.

Monday: I gave away the cat. No, not really. Ungrateful little mooch jumped ship. I haven't cleared anything yet today. Update: I'm back with my final report. Took another pair of shoes back to the store, got rid of 2 jars of powdered milk, 1 jar of powdered sugar, & 1 jar of Quik. This will go to the kids to make hot chocolate mix.

Thanks for encouraging me to get rid of some things every day Maxine. My pantry looks positively empty - which is a good thing since I plan on starting my diet as soon as I finish re-reading the book.
Last edited by TxNet on May 2nd, 2011, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 27th, 2011, 1:49 am #9

I really need to declutter about 3500 but I'll settle for 35. LOL

My house is a wreck and I always have something to declutter.

Tammy

April 27th, 2011, 2:00 am #10

This afternoon before baseball I decluttered 3 candles that don't burn well and half a trash bag of misc. papers and other nonsense from the craft/ catch all room. Sure felt good (Of course I gained another set of catchers equipment as DS and DD now are both playing that position in baseball)