Deal of the day

Deal of the day

January 5th, 2011, 3:46 pm #1

I'd love to have a Deal of the Day thread, but unfortunately there isn't a deal every day that is good nationally.

I don't know if this is good in every market, but Ace Hardware is selling GE CFLs for $1 each. If you are still switching from incandescents to squiggles, this is a great deal. I don't know if Ace accepts manufacturer coupons--it probably varies by store--but there are sometimes coupons for this product. I just checked my stash and the last one I had expired Dec. 31, but there may be some valid ones that I don't have.

If you come across a killer deal that you think others could use (like this and the HP ink at Rite-Aid for $14.99), please either post to this thread, or--if this one is no longer current--just start a new one.

BTW, I have had good luck with GE CFLs.

January 5th, 2011, 4:14 pm #2

Not that anyone else could use it! LOL I bought some ( needed ) makeup
last night. It was on sale then had a buy four get $4 off. The four items
came to under $10. That was a deal but P&G had a coupon out for $1 off
one item then another coupon for $2.25 off of two items. So I am going to go
in and see if I can do an exchange so I can use my coupons for that purchase!
It is the store I go to all the time so I am sure they will say yes! lol

January 5th, 2011, 7:10 pm #3

I'd love to have a Deal of the Day thread, but unfortunately there isn't a deal every day that is good nationally.

I don't know if this is good in every market, but Ace Hardware is selling GE CFLs for $1 each. If you are still switching from incandescents to squiggles, this is a great deal. I don't know if Ace accepts manufacturer coupons--it probably varies by store--but there are sometimes coupons for this product. I just checked my stash and the last one I had expired Dec. 31, but there may be some valid ones that I don't have.

If you come across a killer deal that you think others could use (like this and the HP ink at Rite-Aid for $14.99), please either post to this thread, or--if this one is no longer current--just start a new one.

The light they put off is so much warmer than some of the other brands. We switched all the lights in our greatroom to CFLs and saved almost $25 on our electric bill. I'm shocked. Oh, and I bought them at ACE hardware for $1 each last summer!

January 5th, 2011, 8:21 pm #4

Not that anyone else could use it! LOL I bought some ( needed ) makeup
last night. It was on sale then had a buy four get $4 off. The four items
came to under $10. That was a deal but P&G had a coupon out for $1 off
one item then another coupon for $2.25 off of two items. So I am going to go
in and see if I can do an exchange so I can use my coupons for that purchase!
It is the store I go to all the time so I am sure they will say yes! lol
If so, the deal might work for someone else...me, for instance!! LOL What store, what brand of cosmetics?

January 5th, 2011, 11:11 pm #5

Do you have one of those up there? I can't remember if I saw one or not! lol
Smith's had their Cover Girl makeup on sale. Then there was a Procter and Gamble
buy four get $4 off of your total - this was from the store too. Then in the paper
P&G had the insert with coupons off their stuff. One was for a $1 and the other
was $2.50 off of two makeup items.

After the coupons it will have cost me about $6 for four items.
I got two eye shadows, a blush and some lipstick. Not a bad deal!

January 6th, 2011, 1:55 am #6

But I have shopped there when I have been in southern Idaho.

January 6th, 2011, 11:40 am #7

Not a killer deal but free is good: Linkhttp://www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm
Here are the dates:

January 15-17
(Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday weekend)

April 16-24
(National Park Week)

June 21
(First day of summer)

September 24
(Public Lands Day)

November 11-13
(Veterans Day weekend)