1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Immerse cabbage leaves in a large kettle of boiling water for about 3 minutes or until limp; drain. Combine ground beef, cooked rice, egg, milk, onion, salt and pepper. Place about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture in the center of each leaf; fold in the sides and roll ends over meat. Place in Crockpot. Combine tomato sauce with brown sugar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cabbage rolls. Cover and cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours. 5 servings.
Last edited by MaxineS on October 5th, 2008, 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 5th, 2006, 4:38 pm #3

Post your Crock Pot recipes here.
Beef Tips

2-3 pounds beef tips (stew meat or roast cut up will work too)
1 can cream of onion soup
1 can golden mushroom soup

Pour into crockpot and cook all day on low. Serve over rice or noodles.

**I have tried several of the beef tip recipes. This is my favorite one. It has a better taste than the ones with onion soup mix in them.

June 5th, 2006, 4:39 pm #4

Turkey Jambalaya

1 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 clove minced garlic
2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. pepper (or to taste)
2 tsp. Worcestershire
1/8 tsp. thyme
1/8 tsp. marjoram
3 cups poultry/turkey stock or broth
1 1/2 c. cubed turkey
1 1/2 c. cubed ham
1 1/2 c. uncooked rice

Put all ingredients in crockpot except rice and cook on low all day. Add rice in the last couple of hours. Or, sometimes, I cook minute rice and stir it together right before serving.

I usually use all chicken or turkey. This is a great recipe for leftover sticky chicken. I use the broth and the leftovers to make this and it is great. Also, you can adjust the amounts of green pepper and black pepper for your tastes.

June 10th, 2006, 5:56 pm #5

1 lb ground beef, browned & drained
8 uncooked lasagna noodles
Italian Seasoning to taste
1 jar of Spaghetti Sauce
15 oz ricotta or cottage cheese
8 oz mozzerella cheese, shredded
1/3 C. water

(Recipe didn't say what to do with the Italian seasoning, so I put it on the ground beef after I drained it & stirred it in while it was hot)(It also didn't say what to do with the water, but after making this, I figured it might be best if sprinkled on top of the noodles)

Spray crockpot with cooking spray

Break half of the noodles into thirds, and put in crockpot.

Layer 1/2 of ground beef, 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce, water, 1/2 of ricotta or cottage cheese, and 1/2 of mozzerella.

Starting with the rest of the uncooked noodles repeat with another layer. Mozerella should be on top.

Cook in crockpot on low for at least five hours.

I made this Thursday & it was good.

August 11th, 2006, 4:56 pm #6

Swiss Steak.

I use round steak. Buy enough for your family. I usually buy one huge slice with the top and bottom round.

Cut it into serving size portions. Slice a few onions (enough slices so you have one for each piece of steak). Place one layer of meat in the bottom of the crock. Sprinkle with S & P and basil (I use a fair amount of basil). Then place a slice of onion and one bay leaf on top of each serving. Then the next layer of meat... etc. Mix two cans of condensed tomato soup with 1/2 can water and pour over the meat.

Cook on low all day. The "gravy" is good over rice, toast or potatoes. You might want to thicken it with a slurry (I don't).

PS Don't forget to remove the bay leaves before serving. Or at least don't eat them. You can buy the bay leaves cheap at a bulk place like a health food store.

August 11th, 2006, 4:57 pm #7

Pulled Pork

I think I learned this on the board but I can't remember who posted it. Thank you to who ever posted it years ago.

Buy a shoulder of pork (picnic ham)that will fit in your crockpot. Put it in the crockpot with a can of regular Coke. Cook all night. In the morning, take it out, cut off the extra fat, drain the liquid and shred the pork. Put it back into the crockpot and add your favorite BBQ sauce. It is ready when you are.

Easy - peasy.

August 29th, 2006, 1:51 am #8

Generously season a small, lean, boneless pork roast (I use a sirloin cut) with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in Crockpot and cook all day on Low (if you don't have quite all day, start on High and reduce heat). About 2/3 of the way through, turn the roast upside down and continue cooking. When tender, pour off the juices, shred the meat and add barbecue sauce to taste (and some of the juices, if desired). This is a great weekend meal. I usually serve on toasted buns with coleslaw and baked beans out of a can.

September 30th, 2007, 2:16 am #9

I found this recipe on another board and everyone raved about it. I made it tonight and it was very good -- and easy too. I made it with hot salsa thinking that the cream cheese would calm the heat. Next time I will use medium -- my lips were burning. I made it and served the sauce over rice and left the chicken breasts whole (or what didn't fall apart). I think next time I might shred the chicken into the sauce.

Anyway, it is yummy. This is from the Taste Of Home board.

Posted by: HDMac Replies: 18 Posted on: 5/25/2004 10:24:27 AM
#T356977
Crockpot Chicken W/ Blackbeans and Cream Cheese

4-5 boneless chicken breasts
1 can black bean
1 can corn
1 jar salsa , any kind
1 package cream cheese
1. Take 4-5 frozen, yes, frozen, boneless chicken breasts put into crockpot.
2. add 1 can of black beans, drained, 1 jar of salsa, 1 can of corn drained.
3. Keep in crockpot on high for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked.
4. Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let sit for about 1/2 hour.
5. All done and enjoy!

4 servings
4 hours 3 minutes ( 3 mins prep time, 4 hours cook time )

May 13th, 2008, 12:47 pm #10

This was originally posted by Debbie in Arkansas in 1/02. She posts that she got the recipe from Taste of Home, Feb/Mar '98 issue.

1 lb ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can green diced tomatoes and green chilies
1/3 cup water
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup (4oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
6 flour tortillas

In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper until beef is browned and veggies are tender; drain. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Combine cheeses. In a 5 quart slow cooker, layer about 3/4 cup beef mixture, one tortilla and about 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours, or until heated through.

**My note: I cook on low for 2-3 hours, but my crock pot is super hot. This is not soupy, but is a little messy.