Closet storage

Closet storage

March 9th, 2011, 3:50 pm #1

It must be spring. I'm organizing.

My bedroom closet is a walk-in that is in a U-shape, but the corners are sharp, not rounded. What drives me crazy is that the row of hanging shelves on the back wall go right up to the shelves on the right and left, so you can't see what is in the two corners. Would rounded corners make sense or would I be giving up room that way?

March 9th, 2011, 3:56 pm #2

How deep are the shelves? My closet is square but not deep. The bottom shelf above the rods are U-shape but it's easy to see what is in the corner because the shelves are only a foot deep. I keep the bigger boxes in the corners, like boot boxes.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

March 9th, 2011, 4:17 pm #3

For hanging clothes.

March 9th, 2011, 5:15 pm #4

If you used a clear plastic box, you could look through the wire and see what's in the box in the corner. Or maybe put a lazy susan in the corner for small things?

------

March 9th, 2011, 6:17 pm #5

The hanging racks on the sides go until they meet the one that goes across the back wall so the clothes are right up next to each other in the corners.

March 10th, 2011, 12:22 pm #6

I think I would use that hidden area for off season stuff or storage of some other kind...

March 10th, 2011, 5:10 pm #7

My bedroom closet is a walk-in that is in a U-shape, but the corners are sharp, not rounded. What drives me crazy is that the row of hanging shelves on the back wall go right up to the shelves on the right and left, so you can't see what is in the two corners. Would rounded corners make sense or would I be giving up room that way?
Hang the stuff you hardly use, or the fancy stuff you're keeping in case you need it. make a list or even a photo index and post it at/above the corner.

I have an end in my closet i can't reach bc i have so much other crap stored in there - i know that that 14 inches of rod space is my wool suit, my bridal veil, the velvet gown i made myself years ago, and the fancy dresses i wore to the last weddings we went to. if i need it - i cn dig out to get it, but in the meantime, it's stored and not taking up useful real estate on the closet bar.

March 10th, 2011, 5:25 pm #8

The hanging racks on the sides go until they meet the one that goes across the back wall so the clothes are right up next to each other in the corners.
I'd probably put clothes that didn't quite fit right there. lol

------

March 10th, 2011, 6:04 pm #9

The closet is shared with my husband and is one part of the house they really skimped on. There is some closet space upstairs but it would be a pain to have to go upstairs to see the rest of your clothes. I keep thinking there is a better design for this thing but haven't figured out what it is.

March 10th, 2011, 8:36 pm #10

I guess I'm not quite following after all.

------