Christmas Triage....

Christmas Triage....

December 20th, 2010, 12:47 pm #1

What have you got left to do? Which things have you decided to let slide?

I'm letting Christmas cards slide... I only sent to those who sent to me. I just sent regualr cards, not photo cards... As for gifts, I am getting down to the wire. Tomorrow, I think I am off- have to check the schedule when I go in to work today- I hope I am off tomorrow... I need to go to Wal-mart and the dollar store and finish up... I still have to fill in around the edges- stockings, one gift left to get for older DS, one thing for my dad and one thing for DD- but if I don't find what she has asked for then I can let that slide till her B-day (early January) , she has a LOT to open already...

I need to get tights to go with DDs Christmas dress for Christmas eve.... I need one small token gift for a co worker, and I need to get some thank you notes from the dollar store... (and get to writing those out). Yesterday we did our Christmas celebration with my Grandma and my brother came down, so that was good, the weather held and I got thier presents all done and given out, yeah!

I need to write out teacher cards and enclose GCs for them. I plan to send those in with the kids on Wednesday.

Where are you at with all this?

December 20th, 2010, 3:42 pm #2

the CD we will not find., the GC dh will get tomorrow or wed.

cards went out without photos today. immediate family, his aunts/uncles, and a few close friends that i don't see on facebook and a few that i do. only 38 card sent this year! YAY!! (also realized i'm missing addresses for about 6 of dh's cousins! three of whom we saw yesterday and i didn't think to bring cards!)

Now that the family parties are done, we need to do a few (hundred) small things around the house but dh actually suggested i make him a list! He NEVER wants to do stuff off a list! So i'm confident that'll all be done in the next day or two.

I just asked to leave early thursday. wish i'd've asked off - he'd've given it to me... darn... maybe he'll suggest it?!

Menu is planned, groceries are bought. Poinsetta's were a buck on clearance (huge ones!) Saturday morning.

I bake Santa's cookies with the kids on Christmas Eve morning, so that's about all that's left to do.

December 20th, 2010, 4:17 pm #3

I'm letting Christmas cards slide... I only sent to those who sent to me. I just sent regualr cards, not photo cards... As for gifts, I am getting down to the wire. Tomorrow, I think I am off- have to check the schedule when I go in to work today- I hope I am off tomorrow... I need to go to Wal-mart and the dollar store and finish up... I still have to fill in around the edges- stockings, one gift left to get for older DS, one thing for my dad and one thing for DD- but if I don't find what she has asked for then I can let that slide till her B-day (early January) , she has a LOT to open already...

I need to get tights to go with DDs Christmas dress for Christmas eve.... I need one small token gift for a co worker, and I need to get some thank you notes from the dollar store... (and get to writing those out). Yesterday we did our Christmas celebration with my Grandma and my brother came down, so that was good, the weather held and I got thier presents all done and given out, yeah!

I need to write out teacher cards and enclose GCs for them. I plan to send those in with the kids on Wednesday.

I got pretty sick for awhile and just didnt have the energy, to do anything but go to work and barely that. Sat DH and I got the kids finished up, I got the family calendars done and back and mailed. DD and I are going to brave the wilds of town this morning, and I will get DH taken care of. So far I have no decorations up, and not real sure I am going to put any up since I seem to be the only one that puts them up and then takes them down... I have to make some summer sausage over the next day or two and want to make a batch of sugar cookies..I also wanted to make some tamales, might do that after Christmas though. so alot sliding this year.

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

December 20th, 2010, 4:30 pm #4

and you know what.

It's still Christmas!

Hope you're feeling better and enjoy your family for Christmas!!

December 20th, 2010, 5:02 pm #5

It's still Christmas! It's the pits to be sick around the holidays. I'm glad you're feeling better.

I mailed about 45 cards with a Christmas letter on Saturday. We finally got our tree decorated, although I still have to put all the boxes away. Nearly all the shopping is done, and the prime rib is on order for the 23rd. Still have to start wrapping. I'm going to set up a table downstairs.

December 20th, 2010, 6:43 pm #6

I have had a bug that hung on longer than I would have liked so I haven't felt inclined to do things.

However as it happens the snow across the country has meant that it would be difficult to spend Christmas with the kids, whether they came to us, or we went to them. So we decided we would all stay safe and not go anywhere.

I wrote some cards, but not all, so decided to send them in return as cards arrived( from the bit of the list I didn't do) I don't really care if a few don't get a card - it's not the end of the world.

I have a spare bed covered with unwrapped gifts - mostly for people we won't be seeing until after christmas ( I should have waited and shopped the sales)

We have no tree and no decorations apart from cards and some outdoor lights. I want to take them all down on Boxing day anyway so this is a plus for me not having the annual argument!

I bought a joint of beef and some ham last week and stashed them in the freezer and as there is only the two of us to worry about I'm not going to!
I'll do my usual shop tomorrow for usual things.

I sound very BAH HUMBUG!

But we are going around the village carol singing on Wednesday evening - I think we end up at the Red Cat( local pub) - Maxine - they have had a revamp this year apparently - the photos look no different so I will check it out when we go

December 20th, 2010, 9:19 pm #7

We stayed at the hotel above the pub when we were in England a few years ago and saw Polly. There is a mummified cat on display. Such ambience! LOL

December 20th, 2010, 10:20 pm #8

But I am still holding out hope that I will make some!

Also only have one thing for DH and nothing fun for DS#1, think he receive some $ along with sweaters (he is 18 this year).

December 21st, 2010, 12:34 am #9

It's mostly done, although we did keep it low key this year.

The bummer is that it looks like the only holiday party I will have attended this year was an office luncheon. The other parties all fell through. Just got notified this afternoon of the most recent cancellation.

And yes, I had already done the baking. The cookies go to the family stash now.

December 21st, 2010, 1:14 am #10

This weekend I finished painting the washer/dryer cabinet we built - or finished as much as I'm going to until after Christmas. Loaded my cleaning supplies and TP in it and cleaned off most of the table and loveseat in the living/dining room. Cleaned the grout in the laundry/kitchen, or most. I have about 5 feet left but my knees hurt. Cleaning grout with a toothbrush gets painful.

I think I have all the presents bought, but need to wrap them all and then I'll probably see where my gaps are.

I went to Walmart this morning and it was a zoo. I'm not going back until after Christmas. Hopefully, everything I need can be bought at the small market downtown.

We got the outside Christmas lights up a couple of weeks ago and the one on the ridge blew a fuse this weekend. If it's not too windy tomorrow, I'll climb up and see if I can replace the fuse. If not, I have to replace the whole string of lights.

Hadn't given a thought to baking or cooking until this morning when I was making my list. I refuse to spend Christmas day in the kitchen so I'm trying to think of vegetables I can cook ahead and just reheat. Dd#2 wants mashed potatoes and I don't think they would be good from the day before, but I don't know.

Now I have to tame my pile of papers and get the den cleaned up and I'll be ready. Got a past due letter today for a medical device the orthopedic dr. had me get. I paid it Dec. 6 and the check hasn't cleared. Stop payment fee at my bank is now $36 and the bill was $86. I called and left a message and they haven't called back. I really hate to spend $36 on a stop payment fee but I also don't want to have them cash two checks. Don't know what to do.

------
Well, I can't believe the stuff that is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and I can't believe that both I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and the stuff that I can't believe is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter are both, in fact, not butter. - Alice