Challenge-who can find the oldest thing in their fridge!

Challenge-who can find the oldest thing in their fridge!

May 11th, 2011, 2:14 pm #1

Ok I'm joking but embarrassed to say that I found a tube of cilantro paste in my fridge that was best used by feb 2007!!!! I can't believe I have just overlooked it for 4 years! Am I the only one here with something this old in their fridge?

May 11th, 2011, 2:27 pm #2

I moved the summer of 2009, so nothing in my fridge is older than that although several items in there are that old.

May 11th, 2011, 5:22 pm #3

Ok I'm joking but embarrassed to say that I found a tube of cilantro paste in my fridge that was best used by feb 2007!!!! I can't believe I have just overlooked it for 4 years! Am I the only one here with something this old in their fridge?
but then if you could see my mom's yeah.. probably several items. one reason I watch it close.

but so easy to let something like that slip by you!

Myra in West Texas

May 11th, 2011, 6:25 pm #4

small bottle of champagne from our wedding, that we used to put the place cards on, the labels printed with our names and date.

Not sure why we put it in the fridge, but there it is. It's moved with us twice.

It's sort of like the 30 yo stuffed dog that sits on my dashboard.

I'm pretty ruthless about cleaning stuff out, there's nothing (else) expired or moldy in there.

May 11th, 2011, 6:52 pm #5

When we cleaned out my mothers house last year (she's now in a nursing home) and got rid of the old refrigerator in the basement, there were still a couple of bottles of beer that she bought for my uncle.

My uncle died in 1976.

May 11th, 2011, 7:44 pm #6

That beer's a hard one to beat! Hey, it's not in my fridge, but I've got a package of Jell-o pudding mix--inherited from MIL--that has to be 1962 (or so) or earlier. How do I know? The address of General Foods on the package doesn't have a zip code.

If I drop by some hot day, can we share a cold one? I'll bring a bowl of pudding!! Hopefully the milk will be newer than the mix, LOL.

May 11th, 2011, 8:27 pm #7

I did ask my DH if he wanted to sample the vintage beer but he declined. I don't understand - it was only 34 years old!!

May 12th, 2011, 12:23 am #8

That beer's a hard one to beat! Hey, it's not in my fridge, but I've got a package of Jell-o pudding mix--inherited from MIL--that has to be 1962 (or so) or earlier. How do I know? The address of General Foods on the package doesn't have a zip code.

If I drop by some hot day, can we share a cold one? I'll bring a bowl of pudding!! Hopefully the milk will be newer than the mix, LOL.
Very funny about the beer.

I cannot possibly play this game. MM and I have gone round and round about expiration dates! I toss when I see dates go past, as she knows.

May 12th, 2011, 2:19 am #9

A friend of mine went to her grandmothers last year to clean out the freezer in her basement. They found frozen peaches from 1965. That's the year I was born.