Boy have I been decluttering...

Boy have I been decluttering...

October 18th, 2011, 3:49 pm #1

Nothing like moving all your possessions aropund to re-evaluate needs. Since we had to move all our paperwork, books, videos, video games, out of the rooms to get new carpet, I basically went thru everything. The few exceptions are photos (that is a winter project for me), and some of my paperwork I filed to relook at later. Otherwise...I sorted thru boxes of junk, most of my paperwork, etc. So far I've gotten rid of:

- lots (maybe 25) of old computer discs and assorted broken disc cases
- broken stacking bins
- lots of cords and wires that weren't being used anymore
- lots and lots of paperwork
- hubby filled 2 boxes of books to donate, and I do need to look thru some of mine yet
- old bras
- shoes from a few family members
- sorted thru about 3 junk boxes and threw unknown plastic parts, pencils, pens, dead batteries, etc. etc.
- took a van full of metal to the scrap yard and made $24

I'm sure I'm missing lots of things, but you get the idea. I filled a large trash bag, with just little crap that was sitting around. I haven't purged like this in years, and it was obvious. My next goal is to clean the garage and actually donate some of the stuff in there.

Anyone else decluttering??

October 18th, 2011, 6:26 pm #2

We = DH. There is room to get to everything and everything has a place!! only four (55gal) bags of garbage! (we'd previously gotten rid of 6 bags right after we got the new roof in july)

last night the kids played foosball for the first time - we got the table (free) in sept 2010. and they played darts for the first time ever! nice to have the room to play with our toys.

October 18th, 2011, 6:49 pm #3

Nothing like moving all your possessions aropund to re-evaluate needs. Since we had to move all our paperwork, books, videos, video games, out of the rooms to get new carpet, I basically went thru everything. The few exceptions are photos (that is a winter project for me), and some of my paperwork I filed to relook at later. Otherwise...I sorted thru boxes of junk, most of my paperwork, etc. So far I've gotten rid of:

- broken stacking bins
- hubby filled 2 boxes of books to donate, and I do need to look thru some of mine yet
- old bras
- sorted thru about 3 junk boxes and threw unknown plastic parts, pencils, pens, dead batteries, etc. etc.

I'm sure I'm missing lots of things, but you get the idea. I filled a large trash bag, with just little crap that was sitting around. I haven't purged like this in years, and it was obvious. My next goal is to clean the garage and actually donate some of the stuff in there.

My mother does not ahve a treatment that Friday, so I'm hoping I can actually stay home that weekend. Being gone almost every weekend since May has taken a toll on my house!
LisaCNC

October 18th, 2011, 10:51 pm #4

- broken stacking bins
- old bras

when I started the other one!!! "Great minds think alike"??? : )

October 18th, 2011, 10:52 pm #5

- broken stacking bins
- old bras

I'm getting my decluttering groove back..... 2 BIG full kitchen garbage bags of sheets and (mostly)curtains are set to go out of here when I leave in a little while. A friend is going thru it all to take what she can use then the rest is going to Goodwill.... I'm also bringing her a blanket. I keep asking myself how and why did I end up with so much stuff??? Also why is it so hard to get rid of some of this stuff? I think the answer to that is I bought them because I like them.... then I hate to get rid of them because I like them.... But I need space and room more than I need to have all this stuff.

October 19th, 2011, 6:53 pm #6

- broken stacking bins
- old bras

We are moving into a smaller rig so we can go seasonal again and finally leave the Canyon. We are unsure if we will be invited back or not. We are going from a 40 ft 2 slide rig to a 29ft 1 slide rig. I have been reading up on minimalism. lol

I now have to go through every single thing I own and get rid of it or move it to the new place. Ugh. Dd had a melt down yesterday when going through her stuff, tough day for her. I have been selling like a mad woman on Craigslist and have several bags to donate when we go to town this week.

Every time it gets harder to do.

Missy