Bethann- are you still homeschooling?

Bethann- are you still homeschooling?

April 21st, 2012, 1:30 pm #1

I need some advice.

April 21st, 2012, 1:39 pm #2

I'm not saying I can help though. We are homeschooling our daughter this year for her 8th grade year.
Jaime

April 22nd, 2012, 10:40 pm #3

I need some advice.
We put the youngest--a junior this year--in public school this year. It was hard to get them to take her credits, but we got it worked out. She is getting all A's. What can I help you with?

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers

April 23rd, 2012, 3:33 pm #4

in case you don't have my email (I don't have yours on my new computer!) kim fry @ telusplanet. net No spaces, of course.

April 25th, 2012, 1:04 am #5

We put the youngest--a junior this year--in public school this year. It was hard to get them to take her credits, but we got it worked out. She is getting all A's. What can I help you with?

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers
Have you ever known a single parent who was able to homeschool? My son is not the social butterfly and has struggled a lot in school over the last few years, he is 12. He has previously asked to be homeschooled. I was wondering if it is possible, I have not found any feasible way to do it however I also dont have the community of knowing many people who homeschool.

Thanks!
Tracy

Faith, Hope and Love, the greatest of these is LOVE.
Tracy

April 25th, 2012, 4:54 am #6

we have a free web based home school program. The classes are taught online.
They also have help available online too. This may be a good option because it
would reduce your time involved. No planning lessons, no grading, and you don't
have to teach the class to your child.

April 27th, 2012, 3:53 pm #7

Have you ever known a single parent who was able to homeschool? My son is not the social butterfly and has struggled a lot in school over the last few years, he is 12. He has previously asked to be homeschooled. I was wondering if it is possible, I have not found any feasible way to do it however I also dont have the community of knowing many people who homeschool.

Thanks!
Tracy

Tracy
But I have to say it was with varying levels of success... If the question is can you work full time and homeschool - yes, I always have and have supported the family a lot of the time, BUT I do have a husband and he is always here when I'm not and that does count for something. There is only so much of a person and working full time and homeschooling do take a toll, but, yes, it can be done.

April 27th, 2012, 9:48 pm #8

I think that was more my question. As a single parent working can it be done. Thanks for the info, I can look into it more knowing that I am not crazy for thinking it.

Tracy

Tracy