Bethann- are you still homeschooling?

Bethann- are you still homeschooling?

April 21st, 2012, 1:30 pm #1

I need some advice.

April 21st, 2012, 1:39 pm #2

I'm not saying I can help though. We are homeschooling our daughter this year for her 8th grade year.
Jaime

April 22nd, 2012, 10:40 pm #3

I need some advice.
We put the youngest--a junior this year--in public school this year. It was hard to get them to take her credits, but we got it worked out. She is getting all A's. What can I help you with?

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers

April 23rd, 2012, 3:33 pm #4

in case you don't have my email (I don't have yours on my new computer!) kim fry @ telusplanet. net No spaces, of course.

April 25th, 2012, 1:04 am #5

We put the youngest--a junior this year--in public school this year. It was hard to get them to take her credits, but we got it worked out. She is getting all A's. What can I help you with?

Blessings,

Bethann
Matthew 6:33
http://gettingtheresimply.blogspot.com/

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." --Will Rogers
Have you ever known a single parent who was able to homeschool? My son is not the social butterfly and has struggled a lot in school over the last few years, he is 12. He has previously asked to be homeschooled. I was wondering if it is possible, I have not found any feasible way to do it however I also dont have the community of knowing many people who homeschool.

Thanks!
Tracy

Faith, Hope and Love, the greatest of these is LOVE.
Tracy
Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet. ~ Bob Marley

April 25th, 2012, 4:54 am #6

we have a free web based home school program. The classes are taught online.
They also have help available online too. This may be a good option because it
would reduce your time involved. No planning lessons, no grading, and you don't
have to teach the class to your child.

April 27th, 2012, 3:53 pm #7

Have you ever known a single parent who was able to homeschool? My son is not the social butterfly and has struggled a lot in school over the last few years, he is 12. He has previously asked to be homeschooled. I was wondering if it is possible, I have not found any feasible way to do it however I also dont have the community of knowing many people who homeschool.

Thanks!
Tracy

Tracy
But I have to say it was with varying levels of success... If the question is can you work full time and homeschool - yes, I always have and have supported the family a lot of the time, BUT I do have a husband and he is always here when I'm not and that does count for something. There is only so much of a person and working full time and homeschooling do take a toll, but, yes, it can be done.

April 27th, 2012, 9:48 pm #8

I think that was more my question. As a single parent working can it be done. Thanks for the info, I can look into it more knowing that I am not crazy for thinking it.

Tracy

Tracy
Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet. ~ Bob Marley