Anyone taking Evista?

Anyone taking Evista?

March 30th, 2011, 5:05 pm #1

My dr really wants me on it, and says the benefits for osteoporosis, fibro-cystic and heart disease outweigh any drawbacks. I never had ANY hot flashes until I started taking it, and yesterday he admitted that that was one of the side effects. I probably have 20 hot flashes in a 24 hour period. It's wearing me down. Anyone have any input?

------
The road to success is always under construction.
Last edited by TxNet on March 30th, 2011, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

March 31st, 2011, 11:59 am #2

Have you thought of alternative solutions? I would think 20 hot flashes and being worn down are not worth it. I take strontium, boswellia and D3 for bone health. Vit E for heart disease (my doc recommended this many years ago since all my grandparents died from it). I don't believe in taking anything that makes me feel like crap because it is supposed to make me "healthier."

March 31st, 2011, 3:14 pm #3

I've noticed my hips have been aching, and looked on the side effects yesterday & that is one of the symptoms. I got up with one knee aching this morning, and I am going to an all-day flea market tomorrow with friends.

------

April 18th, 2011, 1:20 pm #4

Have you thought of alternative solutions? I would think 20 hot flashes and being worn down are not worth it. I take strontium, boswellia and D3 for bone health. Vit E for heart disease (my doc recommended this many years ago since all my grandparents died from it). I don't believe in taking anything that makes me feel like crap because it is supposed to make me "healthier."
I'm going to the dr today & am going to ask.

------

April 20th, 2011, 10:30 pm #5

I've noticed my hips have been aching, and looked on the side effects yesterday & that is one of the symptoms. I got up with one knee aching this morning, and I am going to an all-day flea market tomorrow with friends.

------
I get them through Vitacost. Don't forget to look for free shipping coupon codes, they usually have them.

I just started seeing an energy practioner and made comments about being achy and sore everywhere. She suggested a liver/gallbladder cleanse to get rid of toxins that can cause muscle/bone pain. She let me borrow a book called The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse: An All-Natural, At-Home Flush to Purify and Rejuvenate Your Body by Andreas Mortiz. It sounds kinda nasty (have to drink olive oil..ewww)but I might try it.

April 20th, 2011, 11:00 pm #6

He had never heard about either one and warned me to be cautious, but he didn't see not to try it. He does prefer food for vitamins than supplements.

------