Anyone know how to fix this?

Anyone know how to fix this?

January 15th, 2011, 2:36 pm #1

DH has a newish pair of Wrangler jeans and the button popped off. We have the button, but not the rivet that holds it on. Anybody know how to repair these? I have NOT had good luck with the obvious--using buttons on men's waistbands. I'm inclined not to even waste the time sewing one on.

January 15th, 2011, 4:11 pm #2

If they're relatively new, I'd try to return them, or email Wrangler to see if you can get some satisfaction.

I've had the same experience as you, with putting buttons on jeans.
glendaMO

January 15th, 2011, 4:15 pm #3

Don't have a receipt and don't even remember where we bought them. Possibly Nebraska.

January 15th, 2011, 4:34 pm #4

Could you contact the company, as Glenda suggested? I'm not sure you'd even need a receipt to do so.

January 15th, 2011, 6:28 pm #5

DH has a newish pair of Wrangler jeans and the button popped off. We have the button, but not the rivet that holds it on. Anybody know how to repair these? I have NOT had good luck with the obvious--using buttons on men's waistbands. I'm inclined not to even waste the time sewing one on.
replacement buttons. I think Dritz made a package. I once made a jean jacket and used these instead of regular buttons. You might need to reinforce the hole before putting on the new button.

If these are not favorites and worn regularly I wouldn't bother fixing them. Honey has two pair of jeans with holes in the knees. I don't like this kind of repair but he likes these and wears them all the time, even with holes. And he ask me to fix them, I have fixed one pair and have the other sitting on the table waiting. If it was up to me I would have just put these pants in the recycle box for a project for another day.LOL

January 15th, 2011, 6:44 pm #6

Don't have a receipt and don't even remember where we bought them. Possibly Nebraska.
Seems like they have a big metal shank, right? I think I'd just patch the hole the shank popped out of and sew on a metal button.

------
Well, I can't believe the stuff that is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and I can't believe that both I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and the stuff that I can't believe is not I Can't Believe It's Not Butter are both, in fact, not butter. - Alice

January 16th, 2011, 12:08 am #7

I have seen those type of thing advertised..

" life isnt about waiting for the storms to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."

January 16th, 2011, 4:31 pm #8

but for the life of me I can't think where. I'm thinking it was Big Lots which doesn't do you any good because they are so hit and miss. But that button kit does exist...maybe a quick search online.

ahhh, here we go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QIIehN3oO4

January 29th, 2011, 2:06 am #9

I wondered if you contacted wrangler customer service?

February 6th, 2011, 1:05 am #10

...but I found some Dritz buttons for jeans and overalls and replaced the button, after first machine-darning the hole where the other one came out. Simple fix. Thanks for all of your help! I had no idea you could buy these.