Am I the only one?

Am I the only one?

April 19th, 2011, 11:36 pm #1

I am just overrun with paper. I know how much comes into this house because, one way or the other, I recycle 99.999% of it. I just can't keep up with it. We get so much mail that sometimes I don't open it for days...and that's after I pitch the junk mail as it comes in the door. I have been PUPA my dining room this afternoon. Big stack of tax receipts to file. It's just never-ending! I swear that PAPER is my biggest nemesis.

PS I know that the answer is to deal with it as soon as it arrives, but honestly...there is so much of it. I get overwhelmed! My big impetus today is that DS is coming over to see a customer and spend the night. I haven't seen him in two weeks. He gets some of his mail here. I have to find it all!!!!!!

ETA--PUPA = pick up and put away
Last edited by MaxineS on April 19th, 2011, 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 20th, 2011, 12:12 am #2

I tend to do it like you - let it pile up and then do a big take-down. It's kind of like my cleaning tendencies. I can organize really well but I'm not so hot at maintaining.

April 20th, 2011, 12:18 am #3

I am just overrun with paper. I know how much comes into this house because, one way or the other, I recycle 99.999% of it. I just can't keep up with it. We get so much mail that sometimes I don't open it for days...and that's after I pitch the junk mail as it comes in the door. I have been PUPA my dining room this afternoon. Big stack of tax receipts to file. It's just never-ending! I swear that PAPER is my biggest nemesis.

PS I know that the answer is to deal with it as soon as it arrives, but honestly...there is so much of it. I get overwhelmed! My big impetus today is that DS is coming over to see a customer and spend the night. I haven't seen him in two weeks. He gets some of his mail here. I have to find it all!!!!!!

by NOT having subscriptions to magazines, or newspapers. We're on the no credit card list, and I avoid sharing our address when possible, to prevent junk mail. I also walk into the house with my mail, and shred a good portion of it, unopened, so when I do open it, it's just pertinent mail.

Now a good portion of our paper, is pictures, and coloring pages, and artwork from the granddaughters, and I can't toss it, and the frig is full.
Last edited by glendaMO on April 20th, 2011, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
glendaMO

April 20th, 2011, 12:42 am #4

A lot of it seems to be receipts I need to log into the register, but like you, I get tons of stuff in the mail I need to deal with - and it's usually stuff that I have to look up something before I can do it. That's why I tend to deal with it later. Insurance EOB's, etc.

I started working on the receipts yesterday and still haven't finished.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

April 20th, 2011, 12:43 am #5

by NOT having subscriptions to magazines, or newspapers. We're on the no credit card list, and I avoid sharing our address when possible, to prevent junk mail. I also walk into the house with my mail, and shred a good portion of it, unopened, so when I do open it, it's just pertinent mail.

Now a good portion of our paper, is pictures, and coloring pages, and artwork from the granddaughters, and I can't toss it, and the frig is full.
Tell me more. We probably get 10-12 offers per week.

April 20th, 2011, 12:59 am #6

I can't remember what it was called, but it took our name off the CC offer list.

I thought that I got the info here - I'll search and see what I find.

www.optoutprescreen.com or call 1-888-5OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688).
glendaMO

April 20th, 2011, 2:07 am #7

I've heard you have to re-opt-out after awhile, but so far so good for me. Maxine, you'll still get the offers from companies you already have credit with.

------

April 20th, 2011, 11:51 am #8

I can't remember what it was called, but it took our name off the CC offer list.

I thought that I got the info here - I'll search and see what I find.

www.optoutprescreen.com or call 1-888-5OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688).
just trash your credit rating and no one wants you.

the downside to that is it's replaced by all the credit consolidators and debt settlement mail! LOL!

April 20th, 2011, 12:01 pm #9

there are at LEAST 15 piles. all crap for him to deal with.

I have no problem anymore chucking kids artwork. i'll pick a few, date them, toss them in a box and they go in the attic.

but bills and receipts, OMG why does he keep every receipt? in piles all over the nightstand. and the dresser. and the kitchen counter.... I'm talking receipts for a pack of gum, or the groceries... nothing we need to keep.

April 20th, 2011, 2:22 pm #10

I've heard you have to re-opt-out after awhile, but so far so good for me. Maxine, you'll still get the offers from companies you already have credit with.

------
at least it seems to work, and it's more fun. Take a black sharpie, write DECLINED on the credit card app and send it back to them (only if it has prepaid postage). I did that on a handful of them and it seemed to stop the apps for a few years.