? about gluing plastic

? about gluing plastic

June 27th, 2012, 3:33 pm #1

DS has a pricey Krups waffle iron that he got free (and it was brand new!) at the end of a garage sale. One of the plastic feet has broken off. What do you think is the best product to glue it back on? Don't know how hot it gets--probably not very, but warm. Thanks.

June 27th, 2012, 4:54 pm #2

LisaCNC

June 27th, 2012, 8:18 pm #3

DS has a pricey Krups waffle iron that he got free (and it was brand new!) at the end of a garage sale. One of the plastic feet has broken off. What do you think is the best product to glue it back on? Don't know how hot it gets--probably not very, but warm. Thanks.
Maybe it's not so "all" purpose, after all!

June 28th, 2012, 12:52 am #4

I got an electric griddle in the mail when I got married 37 years ago. It had a broken foot and Dh glued the foot together with super glue and we hoped it would last a few years. 30 years later it was still holding when I decided the teflon was too far gone for me and donated it to the thrift store.

------
The road to success is always under construction.

June 28th, 2012, 2:04 pm #5

My waffle iron leg broke off and disappeared. it's likely in the back of the cabinet - but who wants to go digging?! god only knows what other treasures i might find! (i am well aware of why my house is halfway to "Hoarders")

I balance a plate under it. or a banana peel. or anything that's .678473657 inches high that happens to be laying around on the counter.

I am soooo not worthy to partake of this board!

June 28th, 2012, 2:35 pm #6

But we'd kick you off if you went out and bought a new waffle iron, especially if you paid full retail!

The housecleaner happened to have Super Glue in her bag, so that's what I used, and it worked fine--if it doesn't break off again. I also bought a small bottle of Gorilla Glue to have on hand. I never seem to have anything when something needs gluing. And I remember that I do have something else to glue, I just can't remember what it is! LOL
Last edited by MaxineS on June 28th, 2012, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 30th, 2012, 12:11 am #7

Apoxy? J.B. Weld is the brand DH uses for hard plastic stuff like the foot.

Or seeing if you can get a new foot through the company? You might get it free or it might cost you more than the waffle maker.

I once got a free wheel from Graco for a used stroller since it was under 1 year old. Can't hurt to try.