3rd week of August--yard sale and thrift store update

3rd week of August--yard sale and thrift store update

August 19th, 2012, 4:54 am #1

It's time to post your yard sale/thrift store deals & steals for the past week. Even though I saw dozens of yard sale signs this weekend, I didn't go to any. I hit the Humane Society thrift store last week and didn't find a thing!

August 19th, 2012, 12:06 pm #2

for $15.... a pottery barn "wall basket" for $3 that matches 2 that I have and paid a LOT more for, new, years ago... brand new, in box nerf gun for DS2 for $5, and my 2 books from the book sale yesterday for $3.

August 19th, 2012, 2:26 pm #3

It's time to post your yard sale/thrift store deals & steals for the past week. Even though I saw dozens of yard sale signs this weekend, I didn't go to any. I hit the Humane Society thrift store last week and didn't find a thing!
We have had family visiting this weekend and its been busy to say the least.
Yesterday morning we tood DS and his GF to a car boot sale before they drove back to Manchester. It was onl a small sale but I bought a very big AA Milne Winnie the Pooh book for £1 and Dss GF bought a lovely vintage spotty dress for £1.50 - she reckoned it would be £10 back in a Manchester charity shop.

A big boot sale today - lots of people turned out as it is hot and sunny at the moment. All I bought was a small plant ( 25p) which has been dressed up in cellophane wrap and will go with a plant book ( already wrapped) for a birthday gift tomorrow

There was an awful lot of rubbish all centred on one field!

August 19th, 2012, 5:07 pm #4

Yesterday we took a load of stuff to Goodwill and dh fancied one of those collapsible rolling shopping carts. It's a big one and was $5. We call it the old-lady cart, since they're usually being pushed by little old ladies. Since we live in such a walkable area now we've been thinking for awhile that it would be nice to have one. Otherwise, I've been pretty good at staying out of the thrift stores.

August 20th, 2012, 9:03 pm #5

...and unfortunately, I qualify for the discount.

I bought a Ralph Lauren summer sweater for $3.99 before discount. I also came across 4 little dishes shaped like playing card suits. The sort of thing you could use for nuts or candies at a card party, although we're mainly cookie girls. Still, I thought I'd probably regret it later if I didn't get them, so I did. $3.96 before discount.

August 20th, 2012, 9:28 pm #6

Yesterday I got 2 articles of clothing for the gandson for this winter, 99  cents each.  I got 3 mugs because all mine seem to have disappeared, 50 cents each.  And I found an old potato masher, metal with a wooden handle, 79 cents.  I've been using a plastic one and I have NOT been happy with it!  I was so sad when my old masher broke.