Topfree Therapy -long-

Topfree Therapy -long-

nicky (newbie)
nicky (newbie)

November 23rd, 2004, 4:16 am #1

I stumbled on to this site a while ago and I think the discussions are very interesting, except the "i dented my car" etc. posts are pretty off topic.
The subject of being topless has reminded me of an old friend named Sue who was pivotal at a very important time for me & I would like to share. We met at a party i was wearing my usual black hipster clothes she had on some flowery print tied in the front, she was not wearing a bra but it was summer and i didn't think anything about it though her nipples were showing slightly.I was more surprised at how well we got along,I don't have many hippie-dippy friends and I guess that's what she seemed to me.
A few days later i visited her at home and was surprised to see her wearing just a pair of shorts.She told me she never wears a top at home on hot days and invited me to take mine off.She lived with her boyfriend and a roommate whom I hadn't met and I am at least a couple cup sizes larger than her so i declined.i was glad i did because not much later her b/f Tim came home with a pal of his and she properly introduced me without so much as crossing her arms.They were both so nonplused i couldn't believe it,they headed out back and i asked her if her b/f minded her being topless in front of his friends.That's when she told me they met at a pool party of a mutual friend where she was of course topless and as she put it "he knows that's the way I am and he loves me for it.As for his friends once they've seen my breasts 2 or 3 times they're pretty much over it."It seemed kind of weird to me but she went on to explain that she felt it was a good way to relieve whatever sexual tension there may be.As an example at the pool party the only people who got excited to see a topless girl were the ones who hadn't already seen her before. She went on that Tim and his buddy were certainly more curious about me than her because I was keeping it all hid. We remained friends for a long time and needless to say I have many stories of Sue and her naked breasts but I think you get the idea of our relationship.
Eventually they got married and moved away and we stayed in contact intermittently. Not long afterward my b/f devastated me with news that he loved someone else and was moving out.It was so sudden and cruel I didn't know what to do.I called all my friends and everyone was very sympathtic,when Sue & Tim heard the news they offered to let me stay with them.Getting out of town sounded like a great idea so i packed my bags and caught a plane.I must admit I was a wreck when I arrived but they were so sweet and told me i could stay in their home as long as i needed.They had a great place and invited me into their hot tub for a soak.I hadn't packed a bathing suit and was too depressed to worry about it so I stripped down and joined them.They knew this was new for me and wanted to know if I was OK.I was a little nervous being naked in front of Tim but I had to admit there was something liberating about the whole skinny dipping experiece.A few days later I was getting dressed in my regular black when Sue walked in wearing nothing but a short cotton skirt and said "uhg! You are never going to feel better if you keep wearing those old dark clothes, for the love of god just leave it off and join us for breakfast!" She was so adamant and something in her tone told me my moping around was already getting on their nerves.So I changed down to my panties and tenativly walked out of the room.It was a bright day and I felt pretty uncomfortable but when they both saw me they had big smiles and gave me a warm embrace and i realized how important good fiends are and I was glad I could do something at last to make them happy.Sue had to run some errands so Tim and I cleaned up and then sat down and had a long talk like we've never had.We drank tea and talked about life and men and we learned a lot about eachother and I realized what a great guy Sue had found.At some point I forgot I was nearly naked and told Tim how nice it was to be topless with a man who wasn't going to try anything.He seemed a little a surprised to hear the only men to see my breasts had been b/fs and lovers.He told me I was using my breasts as assets and leveraging them to get men to do what I wanted and it could explain why I ended up with such jerks as lovers.
Sue returned that afternoon and was so happy to see me without a top she let out a yelp,took off all her clothes and said "let's play in the garden." It was Tim's turn to run errands so Sue and I spent the rest of the afternoon laying nude in the back yard and weeding the flowers.I told her about the converstation I had with Tim and she was beaming and said she hoped I understood now how she could be so free with her body.She told me "When I'm topless in bed for Tim it's about eroticism when I'm topless in front of our friends it's about trust."
I could only stay two weeks before I had to get back to work. I did some shopping and bought some bright colored skirts to wear around the house, topfree of course. On my last day they invited another couple over and we had a naked picnic in the back yard.I felt so free and it was a wonderful expericence meeting new people without any clothes on.It wasn't until they got dressed to leave that I realized, "i've been hanging out with a bunch of hippies!"
That was a few years ago, i can't say it was a life changing event,I still wear a bra, i still wear black but not as much, I've been to a topless beach but didn't care for it, i'm not much for sun.But i have to admit taking my clothes off in front of friends did a lot to help me get over my troubles and move on.

michaela
michaela

November 23rd, 2004, 2:27 pm #2

Neat story Nicky. Glad you posted. Sorry we get off topic sometimes, but because we are sort of family we get to yakking and cover many subjects, yakkity schmakkity, blah, blah, blah!
So tell us, would you ever ride a bike topfree? That is what I want to do.

Nat

November 23rd, 2004, 2:35 pm #3

I stumbled on to this site a while ago and I think the discussions are very interesting, except the "i dented my car" etc. posts are pretty off topic.
The subject of being topless has reminded me of an old friend named Sue who was pivotal at a very important time for me & I would like to share. We met at a party i was wearing my usual black hipster clothes she had on some flowery print tied in the front, she was not wearing a bra but it was summer and i didn't think anything about it though her nipples were showing slightly.I was more surprised at how well we got along,I don't have many hippie-dippy friends and I guess that's what she seemed to me.
A few days later i visited her at home and was surprised to see her wearing just a pair of shorts.She told me she never wears a top at home on hot days and invited me to take mine off.She lived with her boyfriend and a roommate whom I hadn't met and I am at least a couple cup sizes larger than her so i declined.i was glad i did because not much later her b/f Tim came home with a pal of his and she properly introduced me without so much as crossing her arms.They were both so nonplused i couldn't believe it,they headed out back and i asked her if her b/f minded her being topless in front of his friends.That's when she told me they met at a pool party of a mutual friend where she was of course topless and as she put it "he knows that's the way I am and he loves me for it.As for his friends once they've seen my breasts 2 or 3 times they're pretty much over it."It seemed kind of weird to me but she went on to explain that she felt it was a good way to relieve whatever sexual tension there may be.As an example at the pool party the only people who got excited to see a topless girl were the ones who hadn't already seen her before. She went on that Tim and his buddy were certainly more curious about me than her because I was keeping it all hid. We remained friends for a long time and needless to say I have many stories of Sue and her naked breasts but I think you get the idea of our relationship.
Eventually they got married and moved away and we stayed in contact intermittently. Not long afterward my b/f devastated me with news that he loved someone else and was moving out.It was so sudden and cruel I didn't know what to do.I called all my friends and everyone was very sympathtic,when Sue & Tim heard the news they offered to let me stay with them.Getting out of town sounded like a great idea so i packed my bags and caught a plane.I must admit I was a wreck when I arrived but they were so sweet and told me i could stay in their home as long as i needed.They had a great place and invited me into their hot tub for a soak.I hadn't packed a bathing suit and was too depressed to worry about it so I stripped down and joined them.They knew this was new for me and wanted to know if I was OK.I was a little nervous being naked in front of Tim but I had to admit there was something liberating about the whole skinny dipping experiece.A few days later I was getting dressed in my regular black when Sue walked in wearing nothing but a short cotton skirt and said "uhg! You are never going to feel better if you keep wearing those old dark clothes, for the love of god just leave it off and join us for breakfast!" She was so adamant and something in her tone told me my moping around was already getting on their nerves.So I changed down to my panties and tenativly walked out of the room.It was a bright day and I felt pretty uncomfortable but when they both saw me they had big smiles and gave me a warm embrace and i realized how important good fiends are and I was glad I could do something at last to make them happy.Sue had to run some errands so Tim and I cleaned up and then sat down and had a long talk like we've never had.We drank tea and talked about life and men and we learned a lot about eachother and I realized what a great guy Sue had found.At some point I forgot I was nearly naked and told Tim how nice it was to be topless with a man who wasn't going to try anything.He seemed a little a surprised to hear the only men to see my breasts had been b/fs and lovers.He told me I was using my breasts as assets and leveraging them to get men to do what I wanted and it could explain why I ended up with such jerks as lovers.
Sue returned that afternoon and was so happy to see me without a top she let out a yelp,took off all her clothes and said "let's play in the garden." It was Tim's turn to run errands so Sue and I spent the rest of the afternoon laying nude in the back yard and weeding the flowers.I told her about the converstation I had with Tim and she was beaming and said she hoped I understood now how she could be so free with her body.She told me "When I'm topless in bed for Tim it's about eroticism when I'm topless in front of our friends it's about trust."
I could only stay two weeks before I had to get back to work. I did some shopping and bought some bright colored skirts to wear around the house, topfree of course. On my last day they invited another couple over and we had a naked picnic in the back yard.I felt so free and it was a wonderful expericence meeting new people without any clothes on.It wasn't until they got dressed to leave that I realized, "i've been hanging out with a bunch of hippies!"
That was a few years ago, i can't say it was a life changing event,I still wear a bra, i still wear black but not as much, I've been to a topless beach but didn't care for it, i'm not much for sun.But i have to admit taking my clothes off in front of friends did a lot to help me get over my troubles and move on.
Thank you for sharing your story with us Nicky. I think it illustrates topfreedom can be a perfectly acceptable social event to those with open minds. As your experience shows men do adjust to topfree women and it loses the sexual taboo that we have created with our breast-hiding games.

Likewise, as you found nudity is psychologically liberating and therapeutic. I recall back in the 1970s nude encounter groups were popular and effective method of therapy among the more progressive psychiatric community. It is a pity that in today's ultra-conservative climate such new innovative ways have been stifled.

I hope you will continue to share your thoughts and experiences with us.

- Nat

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 23rd, 2004, 8:29 pm #4

still wearing a bra? why bother ?

Cindiee
Cindiee

November 23rd, 2004, 11:20 pm #5

Neat story Nicky. Glad you posted. Sorry we get off topic sometimes, but because we are sort of family we get to yakking and cover many subjects, yakkity schmakkity, blah, blah, blah!
So tell us, would you ever ride a bike topfree? That is what I want to do.
Michaela, when I read your post, it reminded me riding a bike nude. It was in France several years back when we stayed at Euronat for 4 days and they have long trails where one can ride bikes and walk completely nude.
What an exhilarating feeling. We only had a smaller towel on the bike seat and strutted for several miles on the bike taking a rest on the beach.
Just wish we could do it out in the open, but I am sure, not in my lifetime.
Cindiee

michaela
michaela

November 24th, 2004, 1:15 am #6

Check your area for the WNBR on the weekend of June 11th or 12th. Just Google that title.

nicky
nicky

November 24th, 2004, 1:18 am #7

Have never thought about a topfree bike ride but it sounds like fun.I have some friends who are regulars at the burningman festival,one of the highlights for them is the "critical tits bike ride".Where women gather, decorate (or not) their breasts and ride through the festival topfree.They have tried to talk me into joining them, the thought of spending a week topfree at a crowded festivals sounds fun except it's held in the desert on a dry lake bed in august.Sandstorms & blazing heat, sounds like hell to me.Cindee's ride sounds like much more fun.

I've noticed a lot of posts express anxiousness about being topfree or even brafree in front of friends.It seems a lot of people are more comfortable revealing themselves to strangers than to people they know.So I ask, if you can't be naked with your friends... My friend Sue has a method to her topfree madness.She basically uses her breasts to perform a sort of acid tests.If you can handle it your in,if not your out.As she put it,"if someone is going to freak out over a pair of breasts I don't want them around anayway." According to her all pre-pubesant boys are hopeless so I haven't tested her theory on them but so far in my few experiments she is absolutely right.

Jodi
Jodi

November 24th, 2004, 1:17 pm #8

Welcome Nicky.

That is a great story and quite an awakening for some here. Sounds like your friend Sue is a very self confident woman with an up front philosophy on topfreedom.

My friends as well as everyone here (we are all friends too in a round about way ) all are aware that I am braless 24 /7 and are comfortable with it. I wear some rather sheer shirts that make it quite obvious that I am indeed braless and some have seen me topfree in my home, yard and other various pools and lakes and have got over it. It sounds like I am about your friend Sue's size 36b. I am not sure that size has a lot to do with it, just being topless in public is the real shocker for most people.

It sounds like you and your friend Sue are comfortable in your own skin and it is most other women that aren't. The fact that you don't cover yourself with your arm or grab something whenever someone is around shows confidence.

We need a few more people like you here to share their experiences for some others to build their confidence and realize that there really isn't anything wrong with being seen braless or even topfree whenever appropriate.

Thanks for sharing this with us and I for one hope to hear a lot more from you.

November 24th, 2004, 6:06 pm #9

Hi Nicki, Your story was great! I may be able to give you some advice from a long time braless and topless woman. I am 53 and have not worn a bra from over 27 years and like to topless as much as possible. First of all, being braless in front of friends and family... When I started going without a bra, some of my friends commented, many positive and some negative. I just told them that this is the way I dress and that I would continue to do so (they probably never imagined that 27 years later that I am still natural). Even now, a few people (I think always women) comment on my large braless breasts and that I "should" wear a bra or that I would look "better" if I would sling my breasts up and in. I always give them the same matter of fact answer, this is the way I am, I don't have perfect, perky breasts and I am not going to hide that fact. I look just like I am. A few times, I believe that women decided that they cannot stand to be around a braless woman like me. I don't know whether they don't want their husbands to look at me or whether my very large breasts bother them, or whether they think I am a slut because of the way I dress?!?! I do know that I have been married for 27 years and have always been completely faithful to my husband and plan to keep that going.

Except for my sister (a complete prude), my family never says anyting about my bralessness. This is all they remember. But, you need to know that although I enjoy the complete comfort of being braless, I do also like to show off my breasts and I enjoy when men look at me. I wear clingy tops, low necklines, and sheer tops often and much of the time, my breasts are in view. Some woman on this forum do not like to show off their breasts and that is fine. But even if you don't, I encourage you to try bralessness, as it is very comfortable, natural, and healthy. You can wear tops that do not show everyone you are natural, if you wish.

Now for being topless, I have enjoyed being topless at beaches for over 25 years. We vacation each winter in Mexico, where I never wear a top (in fact, I don't even have a top for several of my bikini bottoms). Also, I like to be topless at home as much as possible. We have a few friends that if they come to my house, I will not put on a top, but some of the time, I cover up. I think I am more comfortable that they are. But, I do have 2 close friends that are really my topless buddies. One has a pool and we are always topless if it is warm and of course our husbands are very used to it. Another of my topless friends moved to Florida a few years ago and we two couples have vacationed together many times. We did something last summer that was great for us, we stayed topless for 7 days. Yes, no top for that whole time. It was at a lake home and we stayed close to the lake home, but many people saw us, she at 45 and me at 53. We had a great time, got a great tan, and our husbands loved it. We even went to a a "boat up" cafe and sat at the beach bar without tops.

After that week, it is easier for me to be topless in front of more people. I just feel very natural and kind of feel that I am being very honest when friends come and I don't cover up.

I advise you do what YOU want. Many of us on this forum like to be natural for many different reason. Being braless is just part of me, it is in some ways who I am. No big deal, just the way I am.

fashiondreamer
fashiondreamer

November 25th, 2004, 1:03 am #10

Wonderful stories Nickie. They seem to have brought out the liberated in everyone.

You illustrate well how people can rapidly adapt to both breast and body freedom.

I was curious though about one thing, why is nudity equated to being 'hippy', in this era I don't think there is much correlation?

Well for those who don't think this will be acceptable in our life time, here is another breath of fresh air:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/11/17/nude.n ... index.html

Maybe not prime time, but still major network time.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone, nop matter what you ar wearing. The turkey will be topless anyway!