Swim shorts recommendations

Swim shorts recommendations

AR
AR

June 18th, 2012, 6:28 pm #1

I have become a more frequent free baller with time and am a part time home nudist. I am looking for mainstream shorts (like boardshorts) that are clingy our otherwise make it obvious I am FBing. I am not an interested in anything see through or risque. These would be shorts for public pools or the beach with my family and my friends' families. I have a pair I like ok but a second attempt to cut out a liner resulted in an orange swimsuit that is so transparent I believe any parent would object (as I likely would and I dont have body issues). Before I alter another pair or make a dissatisfactory purchase, I thought I would see if there were any recommendations here. Thanks!

Mume
Mume

June 18th, 2012, 7:17 pm #2

Mesh and poly. These come in all thicknesses and all manner of tranparency, both when wet and dry. I swim in mesh shorts. Mine are usually black or maroon. Mesh can have an automatic, part-of-the-mesh-material inner layer that you can't cut out and these are more than appropriate for swimming and yet, you can wear them around family without problems. Thin polyester shorts can also function this way. I wore a pair yesterday at a family gathering which included swimming as well as indoor activity. Coming out of the pool, the shorts cling to my body a little, but so do swim trunks. I just blot 'til damp and air-dry. In short order, they fall as regular shorts, totally acceptable. The type of mesh with liners that slip-n-slide are probably not the kind you want. Neither are the wide-holed mesh. Most of my mesh or poly, whether or not they have pockets, can be worn in the pool although my pref is without pockets. Also, I test the polys to ensure that water flows through them without hindrance so they don't balloon up when you're in the hot tub or when you first get in.

These comments said, my dick and dickhead shape sometimes presses against the fabric but not so obvious that family, and kids, has ever really noticed. It's the way it is when you wear this kind of sportswear. Further, I've noticed that I can show through even if I wear the kind of UW that I like... thin and single-layered and that cradle my package. I have had no problems or accidents and I enjoy the comfort of these types of shorts. I think the overriding principle that others take is, I'm a guy and I've got guy parts... short of hiding these parts (which a ton of people do), they're gonna show a little at times... or you can get those ridiculous 3-layer-over-your-dick boardshorts that are so prominent today (just an opinion... not even mine).

AR
AR

June 18th, 2012, 7:42 pm #3

Thanks for the comments and agree with the general take that I am not modest or embarrassed of man parts. I have been to a nudist beach with the wife. Comments were only meant to indicate that I am sensitive to the fact that most people would not appreciate transparent swim shorts. I dont think I should have to hide or cover my freeballing though. Indeed, the shorts I like can and do reveal some bits when wet, which makes it clear I am free balling (i.e., the desired effect). They are nicely opaque too but I would like to try another option.

Mesh sounds good, but I take it you have found some mesh shorts to be better than others? It sounds like there are numerous construction options that may not be apparent when shopping (especially shopping online). given that I would be going for cling/form fitting (but opaque), can you recommend a specific brand or mesh short you like?

Mume
Mume

June 18th, 2012, 8:35 pm #4

This is a tough one... because so many companies make them... but I scrambled to my box and looked at my pocketless shorts (I divide my shorts into pocketless and those with pockets because wearing pocketless, I'll also have to carry some sort of "manbag" or waistpack). Mostly, Adidas shorts have too wide legs for me but I do have one pair that I have worn. Generally don't like to swim in it only because of the Adidas stripes showing.

Let me digress a moment... I don't do baggy and I don't do long and I don't like wide legs. I do like fitted around my butt and I like reasonable crotch height so that the crotch line isn't super low; but can't be so high that my guy must sneak off to the side to get some air. So, in general, I like something that's at least semi-fitted based on those criteria. Now, to get to that criteria, I have to look at one or two sizes lower sometimes - basically, as long as the waist stretches to fit. For some odd reason, a (S)mall has narrow legs but a (M)edium has huge(r) leg diameters. Similarly, (L)arge and (XL)arge are monstrously large (might as wear pontoons). I've reduced to a 35 waist which puts me in between L and M... but for shorts, I can do S or M, depending on the mfg (but hey, they're mostly all made in China anyway).

So, my search finds Layer 8 (love these), New Balance, and Champion... just set your own criteria and look for what is right for you. Mine are still classified as sportswear, but the range is too broad to describe adequately and you can waste a lot of money buying stuff that's not quite right. As such, my attention to details has cost me in mistakes in buying.

OK... an experience.... I wore my Champion mesh (a Large but with nice leg diameter) to an outdoor social function and it was my first time wearing these in mixed company. I was concerned because there were women and children present in droves. The mesh was see-through in certain lighting situations and, honestly, I can actually see my thigh outlines when backlit on the sidewalk. In general, they were modest enough, I felt, for this event. Long story short, they were perfect. People don't really notice what shorts you're wearing and don't struggle to look to see if your dick is dangling in them... maybe because everyone knows guys have dicks and the dicks dangle and flop. The freeballer is more self conscious so that these thoughts get amplified in their own mind. No, the shorts were perfect and have become favorites. On vacation, they have become swimming "goto's" because I can walk and hike and swim in them and they dry almost instantly. Yes, some guys have noticed but nobody was ever offended. An added plus was myself. My sense of being a man while wearing them jumped a lot... I feel more male in them and the stimulation is superb.

Sorry for the long-windiness, it's a fault of mine.

Thumper
Thumper

June 18th, 2012, 8:45 pm #5

The best swim attire is NO SWIM ATTIRE !!!!
I still use the "old fashioned" type of the 60's & 70's

AR
AR

June 18th, 2012, 9:12 pm #6

I have become a more frequent free baller with time and am a part time home nudist. I am looking for mainstream shorts (like boardshorts) that are clingy our otherwise make it obvious I am FBing. I am not an interested in anything see through or risque. These would be shorts for public pools or the beach with my family and my friends' families. I have a pair I like ok but a second attempt to cut out a liner resulted in an orange swimsuit that is so transparent I believe any parent would object (as I likely would and I dont have body issues). Before I alter another pair or make a dissatisfactory purchase, I thought I would see if there were any recommendations here. Thanks!
I have found some linen liner-less board shorts in a natural khaki color and wonder if anyone has tried linen? Will likely prefer mesh as they dry but the linem looks good.

AR
AR

June 18th, 2012, 9:31 pm #7

This is a tough one... because so many companies make them... but I scrambled to my box and looked at my pocketless shorts (I divide my shorts into pocketless and those with pockets because wearing pocketless, I'll also have to carry some sort of "manbag" or waistpack). Mostly, Adidas shorts have too wide legs for me but I do have one pair that I have worn. Generally don't like to swim in it only because of the Adidas stripes showing.

Let me digress a moment... I don't do baggy and I don't do long and I don't like wide legs. I do like fitted around my butt and I like reasonable crotch height so that the crotch line isn't super low; but can't be so high that my guy must sneak off to the side to get some air. So, in general, I like something that's at least semi-fitted based on those criteria. Now, to get to that criteria, I have to look at one or two sizes lower sometimes - basically, as long as the waist stretches to fit. For some odd reason, a (S)mall has narrow legs but a (M)edium has huge(r) leg diameters. Similarly, (L)arge and (XL)arge are monstrously large (might as wear pontoons). I've reduced to a 35 waist which puts me in between L and M... but for shorts, I can do S or M, depending on the mfg (but hey, they're mostly all made in China anyway).

So, my search finds Layer 8 (love these), New Balance, and Champion... just set your own criteria and look for what is right for you. Mine are still classified as sportswear, but the range is too broad to describe adequately and you can waste a lot of money buying stuff that's not quite right. As such, my attention to details has cost me in mistakes in buying.

OK... an experience.... I wore my Champion mesh (a Large but with nice leg diameter) to an outdoor social function and it was my first time wearing these in mixed company. I was concerned because there were women and children present in droves. The mesh was see-through in certain lighting situations and, honestly, I can actually see my thigh outlines when backlit on the sidewalk. In general, they were modest enough, I felt, for this event. Long story short, they were perfect. People don't really notice what shorts you're wearing and don't struggle to look to see if your dick is dangling in them... maybe because everyone knows guys have dicks and the dicks dangle and flop. The freeballer is more self conscious so that these thoughts get amplified in their own mind. No, the shorts were perfect and have become favorites. On vacation, they have become swimming "goto's" because I can walk and hike and swim in them and they dry almost instantly. Yes, some guys have noticed but nobody was ever offended. An added plus was myself. My sense of being a man while wearing them jumped a lot... I feel more male in them and the stimulation is superb.

Sorry for the long-windiness, it's a fault of mine.
Feedback is much appreciated. We have very similar preferences so thanks for the details and thoughts.

AR
AR

June 19th, 2012, 1:27 am #8

The best swim attire is NO SWIM ATTIRE !!!!
I still use the "old fashioned" type of the 60's & 70's
...but local regulations do not.

June 19th, 2012, 1:50 pm #9

Mesh and poly. These come in all thicknesses and all manner of tranparency, both when wet and dry. I swim in mesh shorts. Mine are usually black or maroon. Mesh can have an automatic, part-of-the-mesh-material inner layer that you can't cut out and these are more than appropriate for swimming and yet, you can wear them around family without problems. Thin polyester shorts can also function this way. I wore a pair yesterday at a family gathering which included swimming as well as indoor activity. Coming out of the pool, the shorts cling to my body a little, but so do swim trunks. I just blot 'til damp and air-dry. In short order, they fall as regular shorts, totally acceptable. The type of mesh with liners that slip-n-slide are probably not the kind you want. Neither are the wide-holed mesh. Most of my mesh or poly, whether or not they have pockets, can be worn in the pool although my pref is without pockets. Also, I test the polys to ensure that water flows through them without hindrance so they don't balloon up when you're in the hot tub or when you first get in.

These comments said, my dick and dickhead shape sometimes presses against the fabric but not so obvious that family, and kids, has ever really noticed. It's the way it is when you wear this kind of sportswear. Further, I've noticed that I can show through even if I wear the kind of UW that I like... thin and single-layered and that cradle my package. I have had no problems or accidents and I enjoy the comfort of these types of shorts. I think the overriding principle that others take is, I'm a guy and I've got guy parts... short of hiding these parts (which a ton of people do), they're gonna show a little at times... or you can get those ridiculous 3-layer-over-your-dick boardshorts that are so prominent today (just an opinion... not even mine).
Mesh lacrosse shorts are a good bet for what you want. They tend to be very comfortable and also tend not to be transparent in darker colors.

Mume
Mume

June 19th, 2012, 2:05 pm #10

I have found some linen liner-less board shorts in a natural khaki color and wonder if anyone has tried linen? Will likely prefer mesh as they dry but the linem looks good.
Found some below-knee length in Mexico, cheap. Like their shirts and island-pants, their linen clothing was great for moist tropics and held up well on the beach. Their shorts were similar to their pants (beachwear styles). I didn't try their short-shorts, but should have purchased a pair. When wet? The ones I bought were see-through when wet. The color blends well with the skin so it's not horrible in social swim situations but it's still pretty obvious. So, in a public pool, after you get out of the pool and begin stepping into a crowded jacuzzi, your stuff is at eye-level with all the other people in the jacuzzi as you step down and... yeah, it's really obvious you are freeballing and sharing your stuff. I only wore them once for swimming... back to mesh where only the shape of your stuff is on display, not the actual goods. But note this... the shorts did not have the multi-layer fronts like boardshorts from a department store... there was only the thread seam in front which was the real culprit. Perhaps, like boxers, if there was a double material front, the "bravery-factor" and the "shocked-looks" elements might have been lessened. The linen pants represent a different challenge since they are pretty much like wearing white shorts, which I don't do. I did wear the long pants though and it was OK... see-through a bit, but OK, since my penis hangs behind the double-layer at the zipper... just don't bend over and show your backside because there's nothing left to the imagination... the seam and your crack are quite evident, even for those not trying to look (people just turn their heads and look).

Confirmation of reply: