South Beach

South Beach

January 15th, 2005, 5:10 am #1

Being a husband of a two time breast cancer survivor I have been following your forum for some time.
Early last spring my wife and I left the cold midwest and headed to Miami. We found ourselves on South Beach and found it a fascinating place. It was great seeing a place in the USA where women could be equal to men in their choice of swimming attire. I know they made it legal in order to attract the lucrative European tourist trade but it was still refreshing. Hopefully other beaches will wake up to the economic success of Miami and ease up on their restrictions. The cheap American dollar may actually help bring more tourists to the States and our monetary greed will actually end up bestowing equality to american women .

Nat

January 15th, 2005, 9:10 am #2

Hi Sdun. Glad to hear from you. I was at South Beach about six years ago and was disappointed that not many American women see to be take advantage of topfreedom there. It's going to take time to overcome generations of inhibition.

I hope that your wife is doing well now and I hope you will continue to read BFF- but don't just sit on the sidelines- join in. We would like to hear your views on our various discussions.

-Nat

michaela
michaela

January 15th, 2005, 3:47 pm #3

Being a husband of a two time breast cancer survivor I have been following your forum for some time.
Early last spring my wife and I left the cold midwest and headed to Miami. We found ourselves on South Beach and found it a fascinating place. It was great seeing a place in the USA where women could be equal to men in their choice of swimming attire. I know they made it legal in order to attract the lucrative European tourist trade but it was still refreshing. Hopefully other beaches will wake up to the economic success of Miami and ease up on their restrictions. The cheap American dollar may actually help bring more tourists to the States and our monetary greed will actually end up bestowing equality to american women .
Hello, and welcome Sdun. Glad to see you. Would love to hear more stories from the warm south. Any beach weather happenin now?

Slomo
Slomo

January 15th, 2005, 7:01 pm #4

You said "women could be equal to men in their choice of swimming attire."

Does this mean that women are wearing long baggy swimsuits, knee length for the younger people? Women would be better off with their skimpy swimsuits, I'd say! Measure the amount of skin hidden by fabric, and it's obvious who has to cover more.

Nat

January 15th, 2005, 7:57 pm #5

Yes, even with tops on, gals show more skin than guys these days.
Ironic huh?

peter
peter

January 16th, 2005, 12:11 am #6

I think a protest in which women refused to show any skin would drive a point home, here in the west anyway.

Nat

January 16th, 2005, 12:52 am #7

That might be a dangerous precedent. Once you start wearing more clothes it may be hard to go back to less again. This is what has happen with guys' swimsuits- from what I've read and heard, people don't want guys wearing skimpy bathing suits now. I didn't hear anyone complaining 30 years ago when guys were wearing speedos and short skimpy suits but now that people have gotten use to long baggy stuff going back to skimpy provokes protests.

michaela
michaela

January 16th, 2005, 1:00 am #8

Is it because of the modesty, more covered is more decent reason, or because as a nation we have become fatter, and so men are opting to wear those baggy fashions to cover their flabbly asses? I don't know.

Nat

January 16th, 2005, 1:11 am #9

It may have started with the idea of covering flab but now even slim guys won't wear skimpy suits because it's now considered "gay" to do so.
That wasn't true 30 years ago.

JB
JB

January 16th, 2005, 2:29 am #10

Is it because of the modesty, more covered is more decent reason, or because as a nation we have become fatter, and so men are opting to wear those baggy fashions to cover their flabbly asses? I don't know.
I think that is part of it, that they are covering up flabby parts, but I think they also go out of their way not to be perceived as g a y.