Nude Family Bed

Nude Family Bed

RandyD
RandyD

January 22nd, 2003, 6:10 am #1

I was talking to a guy at work who told me that when he was growing up in Okla his whole family slept together in one big bed from the time a kid was a baby to they were 7 or 8 years old. Even more incredible- none of them wore clothes so they were all right bare-skin to bare-skin! He said that it was a old family tradition in that part of the country and was suppose to promote family 'bonding'. And no, he insisted that there was no sex or kinky stuff happening. This sounded so crazy I though he had to be putting me on- but now that I've gotten to know him better, I think he was telling the truth. I must admit, the idea is rather fascinating to me. Has anyone else heard of such a thing?

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

January 22nd, 2003, 1:20 pm #2

I knew a family several years ago in Toronto (relevant only because it has hot, hot summers) that had only 1 air-conditioned room in their home: the parents' bedroom. Often, the family - mother, father, and 2 sons - would sleep nude in the parental bed in summer. The mother was a good friend of mine and confessed to liking sleeping amongst all those exposed cocks. However, they did it to sleep better, not because it was a family tradition. She had raised her sons to feel good about their bodies, and the entire family was frequently nude entire summer days.

DALE.
DALE.

January 22nd, 2003, 1:27 pm #3

I was talking to a guy at work who told me that when he was growing up in Okla his whole family slept together in one big bed from the time a kid was a baby to they were 7 or 8 years old. Even more incredible- none of them wore clothes so they were all right bare-skin to bare-skin! He said that it was a old family tradition in that part of the country and was suppose to promote family 'bonding'. And no, he insisted that there was no sex or kinky stuff happening. This sounded so crazy I though he had to be putting me on- but now that I've gotten to know him better, I think he was telling the truth. I must admit, the idea is rather fascinating to me. Has anyone else heard of such a thing?
When I grew up with parents and grandparents on my mother's side we would all take the traditional Finnish sauna (bath) together. The fathers never came in with us, but all the kids and moms would be naked together until we were maybe ten or so.

My son who is 25 and now my son-in-law while his wife is in the military, come to the sauna (traditional, wood fired stove and not electric) with me naked. When my son tells people about that they are shocked that he would be naked with his father and or brother-in-law together.

We think nothing of it, and in fact I have invited our male chiropractor and others over and it is very relaxing, and bonding. None have complained and said they enjoyed it.

Cool beans boi
Cool beans boi

January 22nd, 2003, 1:29 pm #4

Sometimes on Sunday mornings my parents and I hang out in their king size bed and read the NY times together. It is a relaxing time just chatting, reading and sharing bagels.

Chris

Dave P.
Dave P.

January 22nd, 2003, 4:15 pm #5

If you research "family bed" on the net you will find that a lot of people believe in this. It seems to be an old idea that is getting popular again.

Bobby F.
Bobby F.

January 22nd, 2003, 7:51 pm #6

I don't mind my mom catching me swimming naked in the pool (see earlier posts), but I won't be sleeping naked in the same bed with her. YUCK!!!

Dave P.
Dave P.

January 23rd, 2003, 1:02 am #7

Why in this country is nudity always linked with sex? Nude is just not having clothes on. You can sleep nude with a person without sex being envoled.

CW
CW

January 23rd, 2003, 2:07 am #8

I don't mind my mom catching me swimming naked in the pool (see earlier posts), but I won't be sleeping naked in the same bed with her. YUCK!!!
Bobby, Family bed isn't about sleeping with your Mom, it's about spending time with your family. I don't understand why you would be cool with your Mom seeing you naked at the pool, but not in bed.

J
J

January 23rd, 2003, 2:28 am #9

Bobby F,I think people are too uptight about their bodies. Guys should to be able to take their clothes
in front of their Mom's just like their sisters do without feeling embarrassed. It shouldn't matter if the guy is hard or soft, he should be able to take off his pants or shorts and feel good about himself.

Bobby F.
Bobby F.

January 23rd, 2003, 3:05 am #10

J, I couldn't agree more. I am totally comfortable with my body -- in or out of clothes. I'm just not interested in doing the family bed thing, that's all...unless my bud Damon is naked with me.

Confirmation of reply: