New part timer

New part timer

August 12th, 2012, 8:13 pm #1

Hi everyone

In the past, when I tried freeballing, it didn't do a lot for me. However, as I get a bit older I've got more comfortable in my own skin. I've slept in the buff in the summer since I was 13 and full time since my early 20s. I've surprised myself by going nude on beaches when on holiday and loved it.

This summer I've tried again with freeballing on warmer days and have enjoyed it. (It all started with wearing a kilt to my wedding in the traditional fashion!) I should point out I live in Scotland which has a frankly awful cold and damp climate most of the time. In the winter I do feel the cold, so I don't think I could go commando full time. However, on warmer days, I think it's silly to wear boxers and I'll enjoy the freedom of going without.

Any advice from other FBers from cooler climates?

August 12th, 2012, 10:04 pm #2

Hey Dave,

Yeah I guess it's a bummer being stuck with the cold and damp. Does make it difficult to appreciate the finer points and fun of FB-ing. This as I sit here letting the boys get used to a new pair of Adidas Nova ClimaCool soccer shorts ...

Here's an idea: for those colder days when you have to wear jeans, how about some flannel-lined versions? I've always thought these LL Bean flannel-lined jeans would feel like a cross between wearing sweats and jeans. You get the softness of a pair of sweat pants with the warmth and weather proof-ness of a pair of jeans.

Check 'em out:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/32781?pa ... lassic-fit

They even make some with a polar fleece-type of lining ....now that sounds awesome.

Mac UK
Mac UK

August 13th, 2012, 7:48 pm #3

Hi everyone

In the past, when I tried freeballing, it didn't do a lot for me. However, as I get a bit older I've got more comfortable in my own skin. I've slept in the buff in the summer since I was 13 and full time since my early 20s. I've surprised myself by going nude on beaches when on holiday and loved it.

This summer I've tried again with freeballing on warmer days and have enjoyed it. (It all started with wearing a kilt to my wedding in the traditional fashion!) I should point out I live in Scotland which has a frankly awful cold and damp climate most of the time. In the winter I do feel the cold, so I don't think I could go commando full time. However, on warmer days, I think it's silly to wear boxers and I'll enjoy the freedom of going without.

I live in Scotland - just outside Glasgow - and I have freeballed full time for decades. Underwear is just not in my radar as I have no need of it. Although I have never discussed it with them, I am aware of three other blokes in my sports club who are similarly minded so I suspect that it is not an uncommon practice despite the weather conditions which prevail in Scotland. But what you wear is entirely the choice of the individual and if you consider that underpants keep you warmer then no one can argue about that. Young men are bombarded these days by the advertising of the international manufacturers who have now turned an unremarkable garment as underpants into a fashion statement and, such is their power, they have encouraged a generation to go about with their trousers falling to their knees in order that the waistband logo of their underwear can be seen by all. Perhaps if underpants were called "knickers" they may not have such appeal!
I remember when I was first married, my wife did not approve of my going without, but she just learned to accept it as the way things are. I hope that your wife will also be understanding, especially as going commando is really no great deal.

Mac UK

````````

Rollo
Rollo

August 13th, 2012, 9:20 pm #4

Hi everyone

I've been a part timer for several years and live in the upper Midwest of the U.S. In the winter we get some pretty cold weather, down to -15F/-25C. I remember a few time that the seat in the car seemed pretty cold with just my dress slacks, but really it's not been a big deal. God's incredible design just keeps everything close on those super cold days. I've been full time for some time now and my wardrobe doesn't have any UW regardless of the weather, but that's my decision. Everyone is free to make their own!

August 14th, 2012, 1:20 pm #5

Hi everyone

Thanks folks for the advice.

This morning, when I got out of the shower, out of habit I went into the drawer and put on a pair of boxers. I felt all squashed up and then remembered I'd been going commando all week, thought bugger this for a laugh and whipped them back off. As long as the mild weather keeps up I'm going to continue freeballing. Such a simple thing yet so nice

August 15th, 2012, 1:24 pm #6

I bet that had to be a shock. The longer you go without, the more your body will find underwear unnatural. Congrats on your freedom journey!

August 16th, 2012, 1:00 pm #7

Hi everyone

You mention that you might not be able to freeball in cold weather. Do you really find that underwear provides warmth? I don't (unless you are talking about long underwear--which I hate--or something similar). If that is your only reason for not going full-time, then you might be pleasantly surprised when you try freeballing in the winter.

I will actually admit that I used to have some flannel boxers that were pretty nice to wear in cold weather, but they bunched up badly under my pants due to their thickness. I don't miss them.

Nat

August 16th, 2012, 5:29 pm #8

Hi everyone

I never found winter a reason to wear UW. The genitals get an abundant supply of warm blood right from the abdomen so they don't get cold the way hands and feet do. Unless your are going to the arctic you should be fine.
. . . . .

August 17th, 2012, 3:05 am #9

You mention that you might not be able to freeball in cold weather. Do you really find that underwear provides warmth? I don't (unless you are talking about long underwear--which I hate--or something similar). If that is your only reason for not going full-time, then you might be pleasantly surprised when you try freeballing in the winter.

I will actually admit that I used to have some flannel boxers that were pretty nice to wear in cold weather, but they bunched up badly under my pants due to their thickness. I don't miss them.
I have to agree with wylie and other posters....

uw in winter does not provide THAT much extra warmth than you think...

I have not worn uw during winter in over 5 years and that is in central illinois where it gets below 0 sometimes...

but still congrats on starting to fb and doing so all summer

Underwear???Where????
Bye Now

is FINIALLLLLLLY back to Freeballing Full Time and doesnt see himself ever going back to any type of uw...

Freeballing Nate

Confirmation of reply: