amazed

amazed

Jodi
Jodi

June 30th, 2004, 10:03 pm #1

I have been looking over the last couple days posting and find it amazing that anyone has the time to research and answer each and every post to this degree.

I agree with Michaela, this is getting suspicious. Is this another fetish person that simply don't have a life?

June 30th, 2004, 10:27 pm #2

No, Jodi, but clearly not a sustainable pattern.

A lot of things that get posted here are often recycled materials from over the years that BFF has been in existence, such as 'Dressed to Kill' or Dr Elizabeth Vaughan.

Often the arguments for and against are just the same every time.

In trying to put together a resource it has turned out to be quite difficult to actually find much new material.

As Kelli points out, sometimes it seems a good idea to inject something new into BFF to get people talking.

Hopefully there is plenty of opportunity for everyone to contribute. However the opinions that matter most are those of the women whose lives are affected by these issues.

Does this help?

Michael

michaela
michaela

June 30th, 2004, 10:29 pm #3

I have been looking over the last couple days posting and find it amazing that anyone has the time to research and answer each and every post to this degree.

I agree with Michaela, this is getting suspicious. Is this another fetish person that simply don't have a life?
I have to comment here about what I know from reading all of Michael's past posts, that I do not believe him to be a fetishist. I don't even want him flamed for these questionable posts, just that they are not what i am used to seeing from him.

sonja
sonja

July 1st, 2004, 9:54 pm #4

right, another obsessed intruder - like i said male fantasy strikes again

michaela
michaela

July 1st, 2004, 10:57 pm #5

You are wrong.

July 2nd, 2004, 3:50 am #6

right, another obsessed intruder - like i said male fantasy strikes again
Dear Sonja,

this is is the second post you have made in this vein. We have been trying to raise the tone a bit around here. While everyone is entitled to their opinions, and they will be different, ad hominem or personal comments generally do not advance anybody's cause.

I am sure that many people here are interested to know what you mean by an intruder. I have been on this Forum since early this year, and have made a number of friends here. There are not many people whose histories go back very far, as there has been a high turnover. I don't recall contributions from you before, but perhaps I am mistaken - who are you?

I am a university based physician and teacher involved with working with women's rights groups for over 30 years, and someone who looks after many women with breast cancer and who hears many women's fear of breast disease. I have never hidden behind any aliases, and my e-mail address is freely available. Plese do not mistake dedication, hard work, and organisation for
obsession.

My interest is not in fetishes or fantasies, but in enabling women to take control over their bodies and to be able to be free to wear and behave what they choose. I believe that by developing an openess about women's issues and their bodies, we will hasten finding solutions to women's problems. Another aim is to make people, especially women feel good about themselves.

I appreciate that not everyone will agree with my methods or views. That does not matter as much as creating opportunities for discussing the issues openly without fear or shame.

Look at Barbara Cloud's comments that in the 1960's even the word 'bra' had to be whispered.

Does that help?

Michael

July 2nd, 2004, 12:53 pm #7

Dear Sonja,

I do like to try and be accurate. A search of the archives shows that you were active on this site last summer, to be precise your last post was on August 9th 2003. Therefore you are not 'an intruder'.

I note that your complaints in the past include "seems like there's never a real brafree or topfree woman around here except me!?". Hopefully this complaint has now been answered to your satisfaction.

I also note that you have complained on several occasions that this a men's club. I don't think that the women I know who contribute here would agree with you.

You also complained about mentioning nudity on BFF, as opposed to topfreedom and brafreedom - I suspect that many people would say that these topics shade into each other.

I think it is fine and commendable that you go brafree, and topfree as much as possible. Now as far as 'male fantasies' go, I note that you have stated that people do not have to look at you, unless they want to, but most people do:

"I go brafree when I want too and go topfree as much as possible. I consider the right to go topfree as more important than the rights of others. If you don't wanna see my breasts look the other way. But most people like to watch."

I hope I have stated your views accurately?

O, and in case you are wondering how I got here, I will repeat what I said when I joined.

I was doing research with my friend Sue Richards for a couple of related websites dealing with breast health and awareness which raise money for breast cancer research:

http://www.breastofcanada.com/index.htm
http://www.thebreastsite.com/

I have since learnt that a number of you have bought Sue's 'Breast of Canada' calendar, so thank you.

That research on other breast awareness websites turned up this forum, to which I have tried to add information from my collected files and resources.

If you want to call that a fetish, male fantasy or obsession, you are entitled to your views, but I suspect most would not.

I hope that we can now try and understand each other a bit better, and get on with the issues at hand.

Michael