Forge World News, Releases & Sneak Peeks

Welcome to The First Expedition: This is the world's foremost online community dedicated exclusively to the 31st Millennium, based around the setting of the Horus Heresy by Games Workshop.

Forge World News, Releases & Sneak Peeks

Gagoc
Praetor
Gagoc
Praetor

04 Jan 2013, 16:14 #1

I've started this thread so we can all share in FW news, new realeases, debuts, sneak peeks, and occassional rumour.

So here's the first bit for all to discuss (and lust after).

Two HH: Betrayal units have gone up on Preorder.

Deathshroud Terminators, £45.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/DEAT...ERMINATORS.html

An elite cadre of warriors within the XIV Legion Astartes, the Deathshrouds were chosen by the Primarch Mortarion for their skill at arms, their fearlessness and their proven endurance. They were often selected from Death Guard legionaries who had survived where their comrades had fallen, each clad in bronze-chased Terminator plate, and armed with a power scythe and the alchem-munitions for which the Death Guard Legion were so darkly famed.

They formed a silent bodyguard for Mortarion and his senior commanders, and in peace or war alike it was said that at least two of their number remained within forty-nine paces of their Primarch at any time. The Deathshroud Terminators, designed by Will Hayes, contains five finely-detailed multi-part resin models, and the kit is available to pre-order now for despatch from the 25th January.

Cerberus Tank Destroyer, £95.
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/CERB..._DESTROYER.html

An experimental variant tank, the Mechanicum used the Spartan’s internal capacity to mount a prototype Neutron Laser Projector and the sizeable atomantic arc-reactors and rad-shielding needed to operate this devastating weapon. The Neutron Laser Projector had been retro-engineered from Dark Age technology recovered at great cost by Mechanicum Explorators, and some controversy was evident over both its provenance and safety for wider dissemination.

Despite this, the Lords of Mars ruled that the new tank, codified the Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer, should be delivered into the service of the Legiones Astartes for battlefield testing. The Neutron Laser, they believed, offered a more compact alternative to the great Turbo-Lasers used by Titans and the mighty Shadowsword, with a greater potential for collateral damage. It would not be long, however, before the Cerberus was called upon to turn its destructive capacity against the Imperium’s own...

Hyperion
Praetor

04 Jan 2013, 16:37 #2

Deathshroud ...DROOOOOOL...

Yes, I will be getting those for my Death Guard, oh yes!

Helios
Centurion
Helios
Centurion

04 Jan 2013, 16:53 #3

I'm not sure if my eyesight is going or my screen is a bit wonky, but...is that a green Iron hands tank? Or has that been weathered to the point where it's actually green?!

I imagine it's just the way the photo was taken, hmm.
“... it was written I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice.”

“Let my epitaph be this; I was born nameless and abandoned in the gutter of a sunless pit, but I have died a conqueror of worlds."
Reputed last words of Lord Militant Erais Slaithe,
Commander 74th Expeditionary Fleet

Mjolnir
Centurion
Mjolnir
Centurion

04 Jan 2013, 17:23 #4

I am liking the Cerberus - tempted to get that instead of a Spartan!
Lo, there do I see my father.
Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers.
Lo, there do I see the line of my people back to the beginning.
Lo, they do call to me.
They bid me take my place among them.
In the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever!

Helios
Centurion
Helios
Centurion

04 Jan 2013, 23:20 #5

Get both! My spartan with Iron Hands doors is my pride and joy :) it's a beauty of a model and two lots of quad lascannons? Instant win!

Plus it can be a transport for terminators, takin up no vital heavy support slots
“... it was written I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice.”

“Let my epitaph be this; I was born nameless and abandoned in the gutter of a sunless pit, but I have died a conqueror of worlds."
Reputed last words of Lord Militant Erais Slaithe,
Commander 74th Expeditionary Fleet

Pacific
Centurion
Pacific
Centurion

07 Jan 2013, 10:58 #6

Those Deathshroud are absolutely awesome, and the studio artist has done a wonderful job in presenting them I feel!

Der dunkle Apostel
Centurion

09 Jan 2013, 14:29 #7

WHAT THE FUUUU...................

That things a beast! That got more of a reaction out of me than when i saw the plastic baneblade for the first time.

Im seriously not eating to finance one of those bad boys.

Ahriman's Aide
Praetor

10 Jan 2013, 08:30 #8

A lot of rumours say that another Primarch is due this month, probably in the next update or the one after. Who do you think it will be?

Tarik Torgaddon
Centurion

10 Jan 2013, 09:36 #9

The cerberus looks dead sexy tbh, like mjolnir I'm very tempted to get my hands of that bad boy instead of the spartan. And as for the deathshroud, IMO they look much better now together and all painted up.

A lot of rumours say that another Primarch is due this month, probably in the next update or the one after. Who do you think it will be?

I'm gonna say Mortarion, then Fulgrim. And Horus as the last of the four from betrayal.
" Our name..our legion had been forged anew, for we were the Luna Wolves no longer, we had become the Sons of Horus, in name as well as in spirit."
Knight Brother Ordo Scalprum Butyrum

Malika
Praetor

10 Jan 2013, 10:24 #10

Mortarion most likely! However, I'm more curious to see special characters like Loken, Abaddon, Little Horus and Torgaddon!
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!