Alert! Dark Eldar Pirates sighted.

The Imperium moves to claim the galaxy, but is opposed on all fronts by hordes of xenos filth, and those misguided humans who resist the Imperial Truth. Who knows what other horrors will be discovered...?

Alert! Dark Eldar Pirates sighted.

Gagoc
Praetor
Gagoc
Praetor

06 Jan 2013, 18:35 #1

Besides doing a Loyalist SM army I have another force which I have been working for the last couple of years.
Dark Eldar.

It started one Gamesday when I saw the new DE models and I finally got "New-Army-Itis" after avoiding catching it for years.

But me being the Mad Magos, I couldn't just do a straight DE army. Oh no.
I had to do something different, and so was born my Privateers.

Based in a Nebula that has fallen to shadow through the absence of the majority of its new-born stars are a force of Eldar-pirates who are prepared to work with all their cousins.

This army is formed from three distinct groups.
The Cult Of The ligers Claw, and its associates, Exodite Eldar living on the few inhabitable worlds left in the nebula. Their homes paradise at first glance but hiding dangerous fauna, which the Exodites hunt or tame.
They are just as likely to ride on beasts as they are to use Grav vehicles related to both Dark Eldar and Craftworld Eldar examples.

The Kabal Of The Dragon's Eye is mainly peopled by an off-shoot of Commorragh Dark Eldar. Their home is a mysterious construct said to lie at the centre of the nebula, which may have been originally built during the time of the ancient Eldar Empire, but has been expanded beyond recognition.
It is now a crossroads for all Eldar and is used for cousins to meet on neutral ground as well as a gathering place for outcasts.
The Kabal is home to warriors, Jetbike riders, pilots and other similar types. There are even Beastmasters amongst them.

Then there is the Coven. At first sight they, or their constructs, may seem like those belonging to any Haemonculi coven, but that is not so. The Coven also use Wraithbone and it is believed that some members seek to turn themselves into Wraith constructs.
As such they can deploy unique versions of familiar units. WraithLords that Talos Pain Engines. Grotesques that seem to be part Wraithguard. And so on.

Beyond these there is rumour of other units and forces. There is even said to be Eldar from one particular Craftworld closely allied with these Privateers.

So beware this nebula of shadow and pirates; this Umbra Nebula and its Privateers.

P.S. The army is around 1500pts and climbing. I still have models to paint for it, currently on the backburner, and more need building.

10 Jan 2013, 18:22 #2

Any close ups?
“People," Geralt turned his head, "like to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves. When they get blind-drunk, cheat, steal, beat their wives, starve an old woman, when they kill a trapped fox with an axe or riddle the last existing unicorn with arrows, they like to think that the Bane entering cottages at daybreak is more monstrous than they are. They feel better then. They find it easier to live.”

Gagoc
Praetor
Gagoc
Praetor

10 Jan 2013, 21:13 #3

Lots.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gagoc0077/set...57636695628453/

My archons:

Medusae:

My Mandragora (Mandrakes)/Ghost Warriors:

My original Kabalite Warriors and transport:

My original Wyches and transport:

My new-er Kabalite Warriors:

My new-er Wyches:

Succubus:

Reaver Jetbikes:

Beastmaster & Beasts:

Razorwing Jetfighter:

Talos Pain Engines:

There's more stuff in the works.

11 Jan 2013, 07:32 #4

Nice!
“People," Geralt turned his head, "like to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves. When they get blind-drunk, cheat, steal, beat their wives, starve an old woman, when they kill a trapped fox with an axe or riddle the last existing unicorn with arrows, they like to think that the Bane entering cottages at daybreak is more monstrous than they are. They feel better then. They find it easier to live.”

Xisor
Centurion
Xisor
Centurion

16 Jan 2013, 21:07 #5

Nice looking army!

B)

Lore-wise, if my memory serves, DE society was rather different indeed prior to the rise of one A. Vect in the interim betwixt 30k and 40k. Prior to Vect, again if my serves, Commorragh (and it's rivals) would have been ruled by the pre-modern Nobility of the old Eldar Empire. Though I'd imagine that Archons and whatnot certainly were running around - they surely didn't have the same prominence and weight in the society of the day.

To that end, if you're psyched for these as Heresy/Crusade-era forces, you might consider the above as a rich seam for imagineering! ;)

Seeing these (especially the wraith-talos!) has me pretty excited about this too. No idea if you've read any of them, but the Path of... series of books (Thorpe & Chambers) give some intriguing insights and starting-points for a variety of unusual Eldar routes to explore! (And I don't mean just Harlequins, Exodites - though they do feature! Think nanovirus which turns things to rusty iron, then it unleashed on whole cities therein populated by nanobot-rust-metal-zombie-eldar! ) :lol:

Of course, if you're aware of all that, ignore me (except the 'Nice looking army' bit)!

Matus
Praetor
Matus
Praetor

16 Feb 2013, 11:11 #6

Have you considered any units from the forge word corsairs list? Some look pretty cool and would give you a second army list to use for variety.

Gagoc
Praetor
Gagoc
Praetor

10 Jun 2013, 17:36 #7

The Coven of The Immortal Secret at prima facia appears to be another Haemonculi Coven. The truth is much stranger.
Normal Haemonculi covens seek to twist bone and warp flesh for pleasure and to serve the needs of their clients and themselves. The member of the Immortal Secret have undertaken a much darker purpose. They seek to twist Wraithbone and warp metal.
They have sought out the cybernetic technology of the Old Eldar Empire, as well as the Wraithbone constructs of their cousins to forge something.
They can field the Mandragora, ancient Eldar Drones made of a substance we call Stealthene that renders them virtually invisible to eye and sensor until they strike, as deadly as Mandrakes but with the cold logic of machines. Grotesques can be the moulded flesh of their victims or repurposed Wraithguard twisted into their service. The battlefields are populated with both Talos Pain Engines and Talos Wraith Engines.
Then there are the Wracks, a unholy hybrid of Haemonculi alchemy and wraithbone.

But there are rumours that some of the elders of this coven are more than the reshaped flesh of their own art. It is said that some have transitioned themselves over Wraithbone and are wholly or part wraith construct.

That should give you a clue to something I've been working on for the last few days.
Pics are forthcoming, I just need to edit and load 'em, they're built but not properly based though. I plan on doing the base at a later date when I have a load that need it.

Edit; Here's those pics:
Dark Eldar Wraith Grotesques (Gotesque 'Counts-as' using Wraithblades).

The one in the centre with the two swords is my grotesque Aberration. Thanks to Lord Caldera I was able to give it a CCW plus a Venom Blade for these pics.

Wraith Grotesque Aberration with Gauntlet.

I magnetised the Left hand so I could give it this kitbashed/scratchbuilt gauntlet. Can count as a Mindphase Gauntlet, a Flesh Gauntlet, or maybe even a Scissorhand.

Wraith Grotesque Aberration & DE Grotesque. I bought the proper failcast Grotesque, shown with Aberration Wraith for size comparison, but couldn't resist kitbashing a couple of Talos parts onto it.

Gagoc
Praetor
Gagoc
Praetor

06 Apr 2015, 23:45 #8

The citizens of Commorragh have gotten to me again.

When I started this army an idea began to form, an idea for a particular element to it and a particular model.

Well I have finally begun on that model.
So let me present the WIP shots of my Wraith-Haemonculus.

Sorry about the quality of the pics. Quickly took them on my smart phone (which I haven't had for long).

Gagoc
Praetor
Gagoc
Praetor

14 Apr 2015, 22:40 #9

More on my WIP (apologies for the poor quality):

Gagoc
Praetor
Gagoc
Praetor

18 Apr 2015, 16:51 #10

Got those better photos.

Still needs some work on it, namely the arms and legs.